• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Re: Zgemma h7c Picture In Picture in OpenPLi 6.2 #21 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2018 - 17:17

Sounds like these kind of boxes Socs cannot handle full picture PIP.... FOR h7, HD51 and also for the vs1500 this is an alternative mode from the SOC...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Zgemma h7c Picture In Picture in OpenPLi 6.2 #22 mirkinho

• 37 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 June 2018 - 20:14

FOR h7, HD51 and also for the vs1500 this is an alternative mode from the SOC...

So could be a limitation of the chipset Arm Broadcom?

Re: Zgemma h7c Picture In Picture in OpenPLi 6.2 #23 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:47

That was what I suggested... then a work a round could be hide the pip, play audio of pip (if the drivers and/or hardware supports it) and show the main screen... but not all boxes support hide pip... so also this work a round cannot be performed for all boxes...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Zgemma h7c Picture In Picture in OpenPLi 6.2 #24 mirkinho

• 37 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:34

That was what I suggested... then a work a round could be hide the pip, play audio of pip (if the drivers and/or hardware supports it) and show the main screen... but not all boxes support hide pip... so also this work a round cannot be performed for all boxes...

Could be a good idea, for me will be enough to play audio from a pip also without hide the pip image (that could be remain very small in a corner of the display).
But, how play the audio from pip and not from main screen?

Re: Zgemma h7c Picture In Picture in OpenPLi 6.2 #25 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:23

But not all boxes can hide the PIP... they only can make them extreme small... This means all is a work-a-round.... :( and not universal over the boxes :(

Edited by littlesat, 19 June 2018 - 12:23.

Re: Zgemma h7c Picture In Picture in OpenPLi 6.2 #26 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2018 - 18:03

In other words, what Littlesat says is that it cannot be integrated in the standard OpenPLi image because there is no "universal" solution possible that will work on every supported box.

So somebody interested in your request and having the same hardware, needs to write this feature as a plugin which will be box specific (like I had on my ET-9000).

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Zgemma h7c Picture In Picture in OpenPLi 6.2 #27 mirkinho

• 37 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 June 2018 - 18:24

In other words, what Littlesat says is that it cannot be integrated in the standard OpenPLi image because there is no "universal" solution possible that will work on every supported box.
So somebody interested in your request and having the same hardware, needs to write this feature as a plugin which will be box specific (like I had on my ET-9000).

I understood, will be sufficient a plug-in that change the audio from main to pip picture.
Unfortunately I tried to “play” with the pipsetup.pyo but without results, only with strange position of the pip!

Re: Zgemma h7c Picture In Picture in OpenPLi 6.2 #28 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 20 June 2018 - 17:35

hd51, h7, vs1500 and e4hd have also this problem.

Yes it's a known limitation of the bcm7251. IIRC I already mentioned that, or was it somewhere else?

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Zgemma h7c Picture In Picture in OpenPLi 6.2 #29 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 20 June 2018 - 17:36

Sounds like these kind of boxes Socs cannot handle full picture PIP.... FOR h7, HD51 and also for the vs1500 this is an alternative mode from the SOC...

That does not have influence on the size of the PiP decoder. The 7251 is really a very basic SoC and it comes with limitations.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 20 June 2018 - 17:36.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Zgemma h7c Picture In Picture in OpenPLi 6.2 #30 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 20 June 2018 - 17:37

On my ET-9000 it was possible to select the audio source, when I replace my ET9000 it was no longer possible. It was explained to me that it is a hardware limitation, because some PiP implementation in driver doesn't provide a mean to access the audio of the PiP image (no audio decoder available).

Indeed, only the ET9x00's could do this trick.

Re: Zgemma h7c Picture In Picture in OpenPLi 6.2 #31 hidra

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 August 2018 - 03:09

That does not have influence on the size of the PiP decoder. The 7251 is really a very basic SoC and it comes with limitations.

Can you explain what are this limitations?

Ex. if i set Boxmode: 12, and set video output in 480p, can i have a full screen pip ? (i need to view a channel but listen audio from another)

Re: Zgemma h7c Picture In Picture in OpenPLi 6.2 #32 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 31 August 2018 - 17:30

The manufacturer doesn't come with exact data about this. I'd say try and see what works.

Re: Zgemma h7c Picture In Picture in OpenPLi 6.2 #33 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 5 September 2018 - 03:58

It's weird, as the box is powerful and yet... The only major flaw I find is this PiP experimental mode for each image installed in H7 - it just does not work, period.

And given the firepower, the fabulous tuners which can record from many different channels at the same time, plenty of RAM etc. - bizarre!

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: Zgemma h7c Picture In Picture in OpenPLi 6.2 #34 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 16 December 2018 - 03:08

Can somebody check this out again, please, with OpenPLi?

Why?

Well, after a long time, I just checked again (In my H7S with PurE2 v. 6.2, booting into PiP variant, obviously [2 x DVB-S2X and DVB-T2]): PiP is now working fine! No more freezing, crashing, slowing down badly etc. etc. Coders tell me that the last driver improvement was at the end of August, so...?

As in:

-no problem watching 2 channels, audio from only one, of course

-swapping them and that way you change which channel's audio you listen to

-resizing them, from one very small, all the way to splitting the screen, i.e. to equal size windows

-zapping one window, then

-changing which window will be zapped in and zapping in that window freely

-madly changing channels from a big list in any direction, whichever channel (I have a T90 with 12 LNBs)

-combining sat tv and terrestrial channels etc.

Pretty darn smooth, I am pleased to say...

The "experimental" part from the name of the image can be removed, as far as I am concerned - it just does what it says on the tin! :D

P.S. Also tested my new H9.2H - also working well, I am pleased to say, any sat TV channel + terrestrial channel...

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users