^ o = ô
^ i = î
^ u = û

¨ a = ä
¨ e = ë
¨ o = ö
¨ i = ï
¨ u = ü

The other ones, I think are very rarely used.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Language assistance requested... #42 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:36

Hi Pr2,

Here is the French keyboard set as it now stands.  How did I do?  Is this correct and okay for me to move on to other languages?

Regards,

Ian.

Attached Files

Re: Language assistance requested... #43 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:42

Hi Pr2,

This is the French Belgian keyboard set as it now stands. How did I do?  Is this correct and okay for me to move on to other languages?

Regards,

Ian.

Attached Files

Re: Language assistance requested... #44 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:49

Hi Persian Prince,

Have you had a chance to check out the Persian keyboard layouts?  Are they okay or does something need to be fixed or added?

Please let me know if the Persian task is complete so I can move on.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #45 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 12 June 2018 - 18:02

Hi Pr2,

This is the French Belgian keyboard set as it now stands. How did I do?  Is this correct and okay for me to move on to other languages?

Regards,
Ian.

Hi,

Looks fine to me. Thanks for the job.

Regards,

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Language assistance requested... #46 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:44

Hi Persian Prince,

Have you had a chance to check out the Persian keyboard layouts?  Are they okay or does something need to be fixed or added?

Please let me know if the Persian task is complete so I can move on.

Regards,

Ian.

Hi Ian,

Sorry I was busy yesterday, check this picture if you needed more help don't hesitate to ask :)

Great job and thank you for everything.

Regards,

Persian Prince

Attached Files

• Attached File  ok.jpg   201.25KB   5 downloads

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

Re: Language assistance requested... #47 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 13 June 2018 - 13:58

Hi Persian Prince,

Thank you for such a fantastic correction report.  It made the fix so easy and was very much appreciated.

Corrections made and here for your review.

I just need my Greek and Spanish reviews to come in and then I will submit the code.  All other languages can be upgraded or added at any time though I will add or make changes before submission if anyone offers me the information needed.

Regards,

Ian.

Attached Files

Re: Language assistance requested... #48 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 13 June 2018 - 14:39

Thank you so much, now Persian keyboard is better than ever :)

Regards,
Persian Prince

Re: Language assistance requested... #49 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:37

@IanSav

Would you please share your latest Persian keyboard sources? I want to check it one last time with unicodes.

Regards,

Persian Prince

Re: Language assistance requested... #50 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:35

Hi Persian Prince,

Here is the latest screen capture of the Persian keyboard layouts and the Unicode characters behind them.

[
	[u"`", u"1", u"2", u"3", u"4", u"5", u"6", u"7", u"8", u"9", u"0", u"-", u"=", u"BACKSPACE"],
	[u"FIRST", u"q", u"w", u"e", u"r", u"t", u"y", u"u", u"i", u"o", u"p", u"[", u"]", u"\\"],
	[u"LAST", u"a", u"s", u"d", u"f", u"g", u"h", u"j", u"k", u"l", u";", u"'", u"BLANK", u"ENTER"],
	[u"SHIFT", u"z", u"x", u"c", u"v", u"b", u"n", u"m", u",", u".", u"/", u"BLANK", u"BLANK", u"SHIFT"],
	[u"EXIT", u"LOC", u"LEFT", u"RIGHT", u"ALL", u"CLR", u"SPACE"]
], [
	[u"~", u"!", u"@", u"#", u"$", u"%", u"^", u"&", u"*", u"(", u")", u"_", u"+", u"BACKSPACE"],
	[u"FIRST", u"Q", u"W", u"E", u"R", u"T", u"Y", u"U", u"I", u"O", u"P", u"{", u"}", u"|"],
	[u"LAST", u"A", u"S", u"D", u"F", u"G", u"H", u"J", u"K", u"L", u":", u"\"", u"BLANK", u"ENTER"],
	[u"SHIFT", u"Z", u"X", u"C", u"V", u"B", u"N", u"M", u"<", u">", u"?", u"BLANK", u"BLANK", u"SHIFT"],
], [
	[u"\u00F7", u"\u06F1", u"\u06F2", u"\u06F3", u"\u06F4", u"\u06F5", u"\u06F6", u"\u06F7", u"\u06F8", u"\u06F9", u"\u06F0", u"-", u"=", u"BACKSPACE"],
	[u"FIRST", u"\u0636", u"\u0635", u"\u062B", u"\u0642", u"\u0641", u"\u063A", u"\u0639", u"\u0647", u"\u062E", u"\u062D", u"\u062C", u"\u0686", u"\u067E"],
	[u"LAST", u"\u0634", u"\u0633", u"\u0649", u"\u0628", u"\u0644", u"\u0627", u"\u062A", u"\u0646", u"\u0645", u"\u06A9", u"\u06AF", u"\u0698", u"ENTER"],
	[u"SHIFT", u"\\", u"\u0638", u"\u0637", u"\u0632", u"\u0631", u"\u0630", u"\u062F", u"\u0626", u"\u0648", u".", u"/", u"\u061F", u"SHIFT"],
]

I hope this helps.  Please let me know if there is anything you want fixed or improved.

Regards,

Ian.

Attached Files

Re: Language assistance requested... #51 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 17 June 2018 - 13:23

Hi,

Is there anyone else who wants to improve or add any languages for the VirtualKeyBoard?

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #52 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 17 June 2018 - 14:15

Hi,

I find out this site which graphically shows you the different keyboard layout:

https://docs.microso...yboard-layouts#

If you can wrote a grabber for the this page, you can retrieve the Unicode value for every keyboard since it is displayer by the onmouseover.

So it is perhaps possible to automate a lot the creation of every possible keyboard for your plugin spending time writing a grabber.

Pr2

Edited by Pr2, 17 June 2018 - 14:22.

Re: Language assistance requested... #53 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 17 June 2018 - 14:39

Hi Pr2,

Thank you for the link.  It would probably be more reliable than my visual mapping of the keys.

I am reluctant to start building every keyboard available.  I would prefer to add keyboards that people actually want.  ;)  At this point interest in additional keyboards is non existent while interest in the current keyboards seems quite low.

The other issue is that I am only familiar with English so when it comes to handling layouts and in particular how the dead keys work for the different languages there is no substitute for local knowledge to assist me.  Persian Prince has been invaluable for getting the Persian keyboard right.  A friend of mine is helped me create a workable Greek layout.  I am hoping for some help from Huevos to finalise the Spanish keyboard.  When Rob becomes available he is helping me to finish the Dutch layout.  I think one of my other friends can help with French.

I wanted to get the common keyboards correct before submitting my code to the repository.  There will be no problem updating the tables once people see the new layouts and want their language improved as well.  The cost will be their assistance to get the job done properly.  ;)

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #54 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 17 June 2018 - 15:24

Hi,

Yes but writing the grabber to generate the keyboard is already a good starting point to propose keyboard that later on people can help you to fix the dead-key.

About the french keyboard it is at 98% the same as the belgian one, you just have to change a few keys all the rest is exactly the same.

Pr2

Re: Language assistance requested... #55 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 17 June 2018 - 15:42

Most people in the Netherlands and the UK use a standard en_US layout (the UK has the pound sterling sign whereas the Netherlands uses the Euro).

There is a specific Dutch layout with the same dead keys (in Windows called US-Internatonal) as the Belgian/French layout, but hardly anyone uses it anymore, accented letters are rarely used anymore.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Language assistance requested... #56 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 17 June 2018 - 16:39

Same here for Estonia.

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,
Qviart Lunix3 4K, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz

Re: Language assistance requested... #57 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 17 June 2018 - 17:02

Hi Zeros,

Same here for Estonia.

I don't have a keyboard for Estonia.  Should there be one?

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #58 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 17 June 2018 - 17:11

Hi,

This is as far as I got with the Dutch layout before Rob became indisposed.  If anyone else wants to weigh in on any corrections or additions then all help will be welcomed.

I understand that many of the dead keys are not in common use I would be quite happy to add them, for those who want them, in the third screen.  If they could be more common perhaps we can find space on the first two screens.

Regards,

Ian.

Attached Files

Re: Language assistance requested... #59 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 17 June 2018 - 18:20

That looks indeed like an nl_NL keybaord (which is slightly different from the en_US query keyboards used). So I can't help.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Language assistance requested... #60 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 17 June 2018 - 18:22

Hi,

While I am posting keymaps for verification here are the United Kingdom keymaps for people to check.

Regards,

Ian.

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users