• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Re: Why umpten hours to upgrade picons...? #21 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 27 June 2018 - 16:42

Yeah, I know the how, but haven't had the time yet.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Why umpten hours to upgrade picons...? #22 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 27 June 2018 - 20:25

@Wanwizard, I didn't realise there was a daily build by PLI. Thanks for the correction/information. Anyone else who read my previous post, please disregard it.

SRP has prioroity over SNP. The SNP sets have SRP references where there are clashes.

If the channel has different names depending on satellite, we can add them too. For clarification purposes,

Markiza HD will use picons in this order: reference > markizahd > markiza
Markiza (HD)
will use picons in this order: reference > markizahd > markiza

The "(" and ")" are not allowed and skipped

If links need adding, just submit a pull request/raise an issue. There are several contributors to the Ocram project who are active on this forum.

It's not that simple. There are a huge number of examples, here is another example:

JOJ
TVJOJ
JOJTV
J@J
JOJ TV HD
JOJ HD
JOJ TV
TV JOJ HD

There is also a huge amount of matching names for satellite channels in different countries. You can verify this for example on KingOfSat.net portals. If you search for channels with the text "sat" you will find many similar channels. So filtering some words from the original channel name is not the right solution. Also complementing the constantly new names for the same channel is a bad way. The use of channel names is therefore very inefficient :( It was possible 30 years ago when there were only a few satellite and terrestrial channels on the Earth planet :).

The picon file name could be distinguished by the name of provider, not just the name of channel (but then you can uses the service reference code for the file name).

If you can point us to the source of such a plugin that we can build as part of our feed, and that is as well stocked as Ocram's picons, we would sure like to know.

I can not point to such a source. But if I have more free time, I can write this plugin and put it on my ever empty GitHub :-). It's not complicated ;-). However, the plugin would only be designed for more experienced users of Enigma - Satellite Boxes. It would be necessary to configure (manually via an FTP connection, for example) a source of archives, from which the current archives with picons will be downloaded.

Edited by s3n0, 27 June 2018 - 20:25.

Re: Why umpten hours to upgrade picons...? #23 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 27 June 2018 - 20:38

If it can't be used by the average user, there isn't really any point.  At the data is present (in the picons repo), but I don't expect users to manually maintain their picon mapping. And advanced uses don't have any issues anyway. ;)

It might be interesting to have a plugin that, based on the installed picons, allows the user to correct mapping mistakes, and report those corrections back automatically. Altough I wouldn't know who would use it, if you report an issue it's always fixed within a day or two.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Why umpten hours to upgrade picons...? #24 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,075 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 27 June 2018 - 20:53

Yes and then, what picon by reference fix in your exemple?

Let's take you example:

JOJ
TVJOJ
JOJTV
J@J
JOJ TV HD
JOJ HD
JOJ TV
TV JOJ HD

As already explained to you the channel name is normalized before retrieving  (no space, special char are dropped, HD at the end can be ignored, so either you have a dedicated plugin with HD logo (which today is useless since no more channel insert an HD logo in there channel logo)

Let group them to create the associated name cleaned name really used for picon:

JOJ HD

JOJ

picon name is: joj.png

TVJOJ
TV JOJ HD

picon name is: tvjoj.png

JOJ TV HD
JOJTV

JOJ TV

picon name is: jojtv.png

J@J

picon name is: jj.png

So with 4 picons we cover all your exemple!  4 physical picon stored and you can also reduce it to one if you use symlink.

For picon by reference you need to generate 8 picons with the same content!  Of course you can also use symlink.

But if we consider symlink we can always have only 1 real picon and all other are links.

Why picon by name is better:

- Because when you TV provider changes its TP organisation the service reference change and you need to maintain it.... with picon by name you don't care (as long as the name doesn't change too much).

French provider are used to change there channel order nearly every 3 months, and each time the service reference change but the name remains the same: picon by name no problem at all.

For french provider I can receive the same channels on 3 differents satellite (even 4 or more), from DVB-T and also from DVB-C and guess what the channel name is always the same!

I have 6 times TF1 in my ALL channel list and guess what I only have 1 picon to cover them all.

If you have a real conflict you can then of course always use the service reference on one of the 2 conflicting channels.

Since picon by reference have priority over picon by name!

Adding provider in the picon name is a total non sense, we will lose all the interest of picon by name.

Of course if you search on kingofsat you can find duplicate name for TV channel that are totally different but you should then also look at the footprint where you can receive those conflicting channels.  If I have a duplicate channel name between Europe and American or Asian channels who really cares, since you cannot receive them all where you are! it is impossible that you can received all the possible channel on the same STB.

And when the logo of the TV channel change: same name new logo:

Picon by name: 1 picon to change

Picon by reference: all picons needs to be changed!

Managing all the picons by reference is a nightmare to maintain I was also doing it this way in the past. Switching to picon by name is far more easy and using reference when there is a conflict!

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Why umpten hours to upgrade picons...? #25 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 27 June 2018 - 23:49

If it can't be used by the average user, there isn't really any point.  At the data is present (in the picons repo), but I don't expect users to manually maintain their picon mapping. And advanced uses don't have any issues anyway. ;)

It might be interesting to have a plugin that, based on the installed picons, allows the user to correct mapping mistakes, and report those corrections back automatically. Altough I wouldn't know who would use it, if you report an issue it's always fixed within a day or two.

Not that. It can be programmed to have fixed pre-defined archives with picons. And then, if the user is an Enigma skiller, he could edit the configuration file with archives manually, via an FTP connection, to download other picons. Simple configuration file /etc/enigma/picons-updater.conf or plugin folder :) in a format such as:

MENU item name ; download link to archive with icons, download link to archive with icons, .......
Astra 23.5E black ; http://test.page.net/foo/picons-black-235.tar.gz
All-SAT transparent ; http://example.com/bar/picons-transparent-13.tar.gz, http://example.com/picons-transparent-192.tar.gz, http://example.com/picons-transparent-235.tar.gz

Re: Why umpten hours to upgrade picons...? #26 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 28 June 2018 - 00:09

And what is exactly the difference between writing a custom plugin and maintain tar files, vs installing a package from the feed and not worry about it anymore? Apart from the extra complexity?

Re: Why umpten hours to upgrade picons...? #27 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:18

I do not know how the IPK PLUGIN package of icons works because I never used it. I really do not need it. I will download the icons I need for myself, and I have a lot to choose from.

If I open the PLUGIN-MENU and search for the icons in the MENU, I have not much choice there. However, if you decide to use PLUGIN-MENU and install some icons in the form of a Package Plugin, it is again inefficient. The updating of such icons is also slowing down. When changing the userbouquets file, I must first uninstall the old plugin or old channel icons, and then reinstall a new plug-in that takes care of the new channel icons.

I thought it worked just that way. Unfortunately, I do not know how it works. But I do not care :). I always advise myself. The suggested potential plug-in should be just help for other less-able users. Who can not program a separate PLUGIN, but they can connect at least to the FTP service in their satellite box. I do not need this PLUGIN for myself.

The truth is that I have not found a plug-in for Enigma online so I can update my selected icon sources in a friendly way, due to the performance of older processors (such as Amiko Alien 2) and without the use of large memory capacity or internal disk capacity.

Example:
In my set top box I use IPTV, where the provider uses channels from the 13.0W satellite. So I need the icons for this satellite. Then I have a satellite 19.2E + 23.5E so I need the icons for these two other satellites. Regardless of the fact that some icons match 19.2 to 23.5. There is no plugin that could do everything by one click and within a few seconds.

Re: Why umpten hours to upgrade picons...? #28 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,624 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:58

User can use SetPicon plugin and he can assign picons to problematic services...

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Why umpten hours to upgrade picons...? #29 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:35

I don't know what exactly the problem is. Install the picon package of your choice, and forget about it.

I now see a reference to IPTV, so this is about odd service references because of the IPTV bouquet entries, which is about illegal TV watching. As we will not aid illegal activities in any way of form, there is no point continuing this discussion.

Re: Why umpten hours to upgrade picons...? #30 wysless

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 September 2018 - 18:17

I still have this problem. What about the bugfix? Or still can not locate the bug?

Edited by wysless, 5 September 2018 - 18:17.

Re: Why umpten hours to upgrade picons...? #31 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 5 September 2018 - 18:25

What box, what OpenPLi version?

edit: looks like the fix was never backported to 6.2-release. I just did that, so it should be in the image in next Monday's build.

Re: Why umpten hours to upgrade picons...? #32 wysless

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 September 2018 - 11:48

I have Edision OS mini and the newest OpenPli.

Re: Why umpten hours to upgrade picons...? #33 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 8 September 2018 - 16:21

Issue has been found, fix will be in Monday's image.

Re: Why umpten hours to upgrade picons...? #34 wysless

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 September 2018 - 21:33

Now works well, thanks for the fix.

Re: Why umpten hours to upgrade picons...? #35 manufact

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 November 2019 - 20:10

please a little help for a newbie :(

I installed enigma2-plugin-picons-srp-full.220x132-190x102.light.on.transparent_2019-10-31--22-22-32_all.ipk

where are these picons located? I cannot find them on the box...

I would like to fill the missing ones myself, since I installed ITPV streams from my brother

thank you

Re: Why umpten hours to upgrade picons...? #36 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,396 posts

+394
Excellent

Posted 17 November 2019 - 20:36

If you have downloaded them from the image you can find them in the map picon.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Why umpten hours to upgrade picons...? #37 manufact

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 November 2019 - 21:02

thanks

I found them

Edited by manufact, 17 November 2019 - 21:04.

Re: Why umpten hours to upgrade picons...? #38 lacierva

• 127 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 November 2019 - 19:04

is there a simple guide as to what the difference is to all the picons? examples of each size and titles, eg:     srp-snp-ziggo and which is suitable or best for each type of  box ?

Re: Why umpten hours to upgrade picons...? #39 mimisiku

• 5,461 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 21 November 2019 - 20:15

The files are extremely self-explanitory.. Ziggo is a Dutch cable-provider. So probably not very suitable for foreign users..
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: Why umpten hours to upgrade picons...? #40 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 21 November 2019 - 20:24

srp = by service reference, snp = by name.

The first has a one-on-one match between channel and picon, but means you may miss picons for other channels with the same name.

The second has picons by name, doesn't have that problem, but may show incorrect picons for some channels, and also has problems when you have renamed channels.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users