oscam auto start

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lacierva

• 127 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 June 2018 - 17:58

openpli4 running on vusolo2

hi all i have an annoying problem that when my solo2 boots after a power failure oscam does not automaticaly start, its a pain as i am away from home so much so not there to manualy start it again with blue button and restart softcam, is there a simple way to remedy this ?

Re: oscam auto start #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2018 - 18:19

No.

Is Oscam selected as your default cam if you check via menu - setup?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: oscam auto start #3 lacierva

• 127 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 June 2018 - 18:52

thanks for reply wanwizard, oscam is the only cam i have on the box so yes its the default

Re: oscam auto start #4 Ziegenmelker

• 128 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2018 - 19:05

Hi,
I use the OSCam Version 11391 and it works fine on a Wetek Play with OpenPli 4. I had also Problems with other Versions. Perhaps you could test this Version...

Re: oscam auto start #5 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 23 June 2018 - 00:23

Hi,

The problem is that OScam needs that your box gets a proper date and time to start.

So if your box got a power failure and restart, in which state does it restart? 

- Turned on on a valid channel that will give its time to your STB

- Turned on but not on any valid channel for the STB to retrieve its time

- Immediately turned off (stand-by)

To work-around this problem and be sure that my box always get a proper date and time I stop using DVB time but I prefer to install on all my boxes the following plugin:

enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-systemtime

This plugin allows me to define NTP as time source, this will means that the box will get its time from internet time servers and it will always be accurate after every restart.

So your box will start, it will get a proper time from the internet and OScam will start properly.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: oscam auto start #6 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:59

See if at least oscam runs as a service, best after switching to a satellite channel (Shell command: top | grep oscam). Or how did you find that oscam is not going? Peacefully I can run in the background, just having the wrong configuration. What does LiveLOG oscam say?

Did you verify the boot string for the oscam binary executable file? Although this should not be a problem after a power failure. I do not know exactly how to start the default oscam install in the OpenPLi image (but I'm only running OpenATV), but there are a few ways to start oscam - using a .em file (such as "/etc/oscam.emu") or a default starter bash script with arguments start | stop | reload in the "/etc/init.d/softcam" folder or the third way through your own alternate bash-script in "/etc/init.d/my_own_script.sh" with run-level-3 assignment.

Edited by s3n0, 23 June 2018 - 11:00.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users