• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 nisseH

• 31 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 July 2018 - 11:12

Hi!

I am new with PLI and all the Skins.

Is there a place, Wiki ore somewhere else, where I can see all skins that are available and how the look like?

I have not find any such place yet.

Dreambox HD8000PVR, 4*DVB-S2 Tuners, Tuner A & B: BCM4501, Tuner C & D: BCM 4505. Satellites: 0.8°W Thor 5/6/7 & Intelsat 10-2 KU-band (Provider: Canal Digital Nordic) + 4.8°E Astra 4A & SES 5 KU-band. Image OpenPLI 7.1  LNB's: 2x Titanium 2nd Ed. Universal Quad LNB TQSG 0,2dB.  Dish: Gibertini 100cm (with hood over LNB's).

Re: How skins look like #2 hulkman

• 757 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 7 July 2018 - 13:10

The best way to find out how skins look like, is downloading them and just try them out.

Get them from the feed, try them, and is dislike it throw the away.

This part of discussion forum often shows you the primery screens.
In time you'll learn your favourite skin or favourite skin builder. That will make it easier to make your choice.

Maybe later you learn how build your own skin, or how make your wished chances to a skin.

The questions you can leave on this forum, they will help you.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A310F met Tapatalk

Re: How skins look like #3 TheyLive

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 July 2018 - 15:58

I like skins edited by firebird. You can see screens of them all.

http://www.ourdreamb...oard=119&page=1

I use skin MYHD-Xtrend-MOD-By-RAED.

http://www.ourdreamb...r=3628#Post3628

I use it on Dreambox800HD (BlackHole) and VuZero4k (OpenPLI).

Skin show big weather icons and numbers in first and second infobars.

Re: How skins look like #4 mjray

• 64 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:30

The best way to find out how skins look like, is downloading them and just try them out.

Get them from the feed, try them, and is dislike it throw the away.

I tried some and one skin crashed my box. I did a remote login, edit the skin line in the config and reboot to get control back. Is there a simpler way? If not, I'm not going to try any more skins until I get a stable network connection working.

It would be really helpful if the feed skins had primary screen shots published somewhere so I could decide which were most worth the potential extra work to try.

Re: How skins look like #5 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 24 August 2018 - 13:14

Skins are the major source of crash, they need to be adapted following image evolutions, and properly maintained which is not always the case.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: How skins look like #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 24 August 2018 - 14:29

It would not be a bad idea to have a mechanism that once a skin has crashed, it restarts with the default skin, to avoid reboot loops?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: How skins look like #7 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 24 August 2018 - 19:02

It would not be a bad idea to have a mechanism that once a skin has crashed, it restarts with the default skin, to avoid reboot loops?

Yes of course, but how will you be sure that it is the skin that generates the crash and then what will really trigger the fact to start with a default skin?

You cannot decide after every crash to restart on the default skin, since this can be a plugin that generate the crash and not the skin or a plugin not compatible with the skin.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: How skins look like #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:40

I didn't say it was easy. ;)

For starters it would be handy to have a global error handler, that catches all python errors, and displays the error in a popup with a restart yes/no question. Which would be better than simply crashing. It could also (by some magic) detect what caused the error, and disable the current skin if that is the culprit. Same when the error can not be displayed.

Just brainstorming from my holiday chair... ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: How skins look like #9 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 27 August 2018 - 14:54

Hi,

Just found that EPGimport include such mechanism to avoid corrupted epg.dat:

https://github.com/O...ort/boot.py#L26

Pr2

Re: How skins look like #10 ngolo

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 January 2019 - 13:56

anybody knows how to make skin on phone?

Re: How skins look like #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 22 January 2019 - 15:49

What do you mean?

Re: How skins look like #12 majid7

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 March 2019 - 09:44

hi

Are there somebody tell me about change the skin by menu key or other keys?

where is the place in Openpli menu for change the skin after download and install?

Thanks so Much 

Re: How skins look like #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 9 March 2019 - 11:02

You probably need to change the user mode (in expert settings) to advanced or even expert. It is not visible in normal mode, to protect the average user for making these changes.

Re: How skins look like #14 majid7

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 March 2019 - 11:35

You probably need to change the user mode (in expert settings) to advanced or even expert. It is not visible in normal mode, to protect the average user for making these changes.

Thanks its done and i found after change to advance in GUI setting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users