• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Re: BBCiplayer #21 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2018 - 15:38

@samsamsam

There is a reason for using os.popen. It returns all outputs from the python runs. Writing outputs to files slows the process.

It has been working well for KodiLite. These smaller plugins each actually include a mini kodi which can run big (and slow in enigma2) kodi addons without changing. Your IPTVplayer and Tsmedia copy methods from kodi addons but you have to recode them.

Regards, pcd..

What? Sorry, but it looks like you do not know about what are you writing.

1. I do not copy anything from KODI! Many KODI plugin take code from the IPTVPlayer (especially code for links extraction).
Each service parsers is written by me from scratch. So, what are you talking about?

IPTVPlayer have nothing to do with KODI plugin. It's not a collection of plugin ported from KODI!
I wrote this many times.

2. Please learn about eConsoleAppContainer works, it give you more possibility then os.popen

It looks like you have to learn a lot.

Edited by samsamsam, 16 July 2018 - 15:38.

Re: BBCiplayer #22 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 16 July 2018 - 16:24

@samsamsam

There is a reason for using os.popen. It returns all outputs from the python runs. Writing outputs to files slows the process.

It has been working well for KodiLite. These smaller plugins each actually include a mini kodi which can run big (and slow in enigma2) kodi addons without changing. Your IPTVplayer and Tsmedia copy methods from kodi addons but you have to recode them.

Regards, pcd..

What? Sorry, but it looks like you do not know about what are you writing.

1. I do not copy anything from KODI! Many KODI plugin take code from the IPTVPlayer (especially code for links extraction).
Each service parsers is written by me from scratch. So, what are you talking about?

IPTVPlayer have nothing to do with KODI plugin. It's not a collection of plugin ported from KODI!
I wrote this many times.

2. Please learn about eConsoleAppContainer works, it give you more possibility then os.popen

It looks like you have to learn a lot.

Thank you for the clarification regarding IPTVplayer. I tested it a long time ago - I did not mean to offend you. What I meant was that your addons were fully coded for enigma2. Whereas BBCiplayer inludes an official Kodi addon iplayerwww - unchanged.

Also thank you for your kind advice that I have a lot to learn (the red lines). :)  I agree ! But for information I have been developing images and plugins for the last 14 years or so. Regards.

Re: BBCiplayer #23 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2018 - 17:30

It's a common problem to use os.system and friends under enigma2.

Not immediately visible, but soon or late forking enigma2 will cause fragmentation in memory and gears (on e2) will arrive...

Although it's fine to use such code out of enigma2. Eg. running a python service.

Most people nowadays don't care about resources. Kodi is such a program.

SSS is doing a perfect job writing plugins (and other parts too...) for IPTVplayer! It's an experience like no other once you use it (no gears, no gs, fast).

Kodi(lite) is very good approach, but emulation always lack's the performance of native enigma2 app.

Thank you both for the great application you are offering back to community!

I would love to see a Netflix plugin too!!! (At least on arm's models)
Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: BBCiplayer #24 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2018 - 17:40

@pcd

When I wrote about learn a lot I mean lern a lot about eConsoleAppContainer.  
You can quite easily replace os.popen with designed for it method eConsoleAppContainer.

eConsoleAppContainer allow you to receive data from stdout and also from stderr outputs from executed command.

Re: BBCiplayer #25 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 18 July 2018 - 19:30

But funny to mention is that the Same error appears with the BBC iPlayer plugin. 

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 69, in action

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 49, in action

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/BBCiplayer/plugin.py", line 3015, in okClicked

self.okClicked2()

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/BBCiplayer/plugin.py", line 3040, in okClicked2

self.stream() 

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/BBCiplayer/plugin.py", line 3218, in stream

self.p = os.popen(cmd)

OSError: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory

Seen with a Develop image at the Mutant HD51.

With debug I see this:

idx = 1

In StartPlugin_mainmenu okClicked B self.name = plugin.video.iplayerwww

In StartPlugin_mainmenu SELECT[0] = plugin.video.iplayerwww

DEBUG = 1

StartPlugin_mainmenu self.arg = '/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/BBCiplayer/plugins/plugin.video.iplayerwww/default.py' '1' ''

going in default-py Now = 2018-07-15 23:43:37.178527

python /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/BBCiplayer/plugins/plugin.video.iplayerwww/default.py 1 ''

In StartPlugin_mainmenu timenow 0.0

In StartPlugin_mainmenu cmd = python /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/BBCiplayer/plugins/plugin.video.iplayerwww/default.py 1 ''

cmd =  python /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/BBCiplayer/plugins/plugin.video.iplayerwww/default.py 1 ''

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 69, in action

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 49, in action

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/BBCiplayer/plugin.py", line 3015, in okClicked

self.okClicked2()

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/BBCiplayer/plugin.py", line 3040, in okClicked2

self.stream() 

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/BBCiplayer/plugin.py", line 3218, in stream

self.p = os.popen(cmd)

OSError: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory

[ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method NumberActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.NumberActionMap instance at 0xb0288850>>,('OkCancelActions', 'ok')) failed)

[gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!

Killed

Is it working now ? Or do you still get the same error ?

Re: BBCiplayer #26 mjray

• 61 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 October 2018 - 10:47

Whereas BBCiplayer inludes an official Kodi addon iplayerwww - unchanged.

How can I change the settings, please? This plugin tries to access the highest-quality stream it can find and my rural "better broadband" can't cope with that in real-time.

Or is there any way to download now and watch after?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users