Photo

How to install a Unicable LNB BLACK Unicable Unicable Inverto Quad LNB, Model: IDLU-QUDL42-UNR2L-1PP on a VU Ultimo 4K

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lupus44

• 24 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:44

Hello every body,

Is anyone can help me to install this type of LNB .  i am in trouble for connecting correctly the 3 F connectors of the device  . they are two legacy ports each side of a center port connector . I try many times to connect the center one but never it works ....

Many thanks to you for you for answering me.

Lupus 

Re: How to install a Unicable LNB BLACK Unicable Unicable Inverto Quad LNB, Model: IDLU-QUDL42-UNR2L-1PP on a VU Ultimo 4K #2 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,439 posts

+62
Good

Posted 20 July 2018 - 14:49

Once you connect it, how do you configure the tuner/s?

Assuming you have only one signal wire connected to an FBC module:

Tuner A:

Set as in picture

Tuner B-D.

Almost the same. Only differences are:

Connected = Yes

Connected to A

SCR must be separate for each tuner that accesses the LNB

As your LNB only has 4 SCR, set E-H as "FBC automatic".

Attached Files

Edited by Abu Baniaz, 20 July 2018 - 14:51.

Re: How to install a Unicable LNB BLACK Unicable Unicable Inverto Quad LNB, Model: IDLU-QUDL42-UNR2L-1PP on a VU Ultimo 4K #3 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,439 posts

+62
Good

Posted 20 July 2018 - 14:52

If you are going to connect the legacy ports too, that would be better.

Re: How to install a Unicable LNB BLACK Unicable Unicable Inverto Quad LNB, Model: IDLU-QUDL42-UNR2L-1PP on a VU Ultimo 4K #4 lupus44

• 24 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 20 July 2018 - 15:50

Thank you so much Senior member

I'll try  that you explain late this evening, and i'ill take pictures to show you the result.

I already know that if I connect a legacy port to the fbc tuner it works, but I do not understand the usefulness of the central port or the indication that designates it in Inverto. I just have a cable and connected to this port the tuner of the VU does not see anything.

Regards

Re: How to install a Unicable LNB BLACK Unicable Unicable Inverto Quad LNB, Model: IDLU-QUDL42-UNR2L-1PP on a VU Ultimo 4K #5 lupus44

• 24 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 20 July 2018 - 19:16

I try it following your advice ... It works ! Thank you so much Senior member 

Regards

Lupus

Re: How to install a Unicable LNB BLACK Unicable Unicable Inverto Quad LNB, Model: IDLU-QUDL42-UNR2L-1PP on a VU Ultimo 4K #6 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,439 posts

+62
Good

Posted 20 July 2018 - 23:59

Yes, a legacy/normal/universal LNB will work with an FBC tuner. This is what people use on a motorised dish.

How many cables do you have from LNB to receiver?

How many tuner cards do you have in your Ultimo 4K?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Edited by Abu Baniaz, 21 July 2018 - 00:00.

Re: How to install a Unicable LNB BLACK Unicable Unicable Inverto Quad LNB, Model: IDLU-QUDL42-UNR2L-1PP on a VU Ultimo 4K #7 lupus44

• 24 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:37

Hi Senior Member Now i understand what you mean by " If you are going to connect the legacy ports too, that would be better."

I have only one cable between LNB and VU Ultimo 4K, but i have two FBC tuners on it. And I use a splitter at the end of the cable to feed each tuner . So I've plenty of recording possibilties, more than i need really. And I don't think connecting the single cable to one legacy port would be better for my use. But your advices are precious and if I miss something, please tell me

Many TKS 

LUPUS

Edited by lupus44, 21 July 2018 - 05:39.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users