Re: Zgemma h7s multiboot question please! #21 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 28 July 2018 - 17:30

Checked the files:

• the USB zip for the H7 contains a disk.img file of 314Mb
  • the Multiboot zip for the H7 contains a kernel.bin file of 4.7Mb and a rootfs.tar.bz2 file of 59Mb, which contains a rootfs tarball

So the contents of both files are very different.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Zgemma h7s multiboot question please! #22 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,272 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:27

vvvvv

Edited by littlesat, 29 July 2018 - 08:28.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Zgemma h7s multiboot question please! #23 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,439 posts

+62
Good

Posted 29 July 2018 - 12:43

On your download site, there are three images uploaded for each receiver. For teh multi-boot ones, there are one "full" and two "multi-boot". Camn this be looked at please? So in essence last three "full" and last three "multiboot". Thanks in advance

Re: Zgemma h7s multiboot question please! #24 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 29 July 2018 - 12:46

Hmm... I think our culler script only checks the openpli version, and doesn't see the two different images. Gone on the todo list.

Edit: should be fixed now.

Edited by WanWizard, 29 July 2018 - 13:01.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Zgemma h7s multiboot question please! #25 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,439 posts

+62
Good

Posted 29 July 2018 - 13:48

Edit: should be fixed now.

Yes it has been fixed. Thanks.

Re: Zgemma h7s multiboot question please! #26 twol

• 444 posts

+15
Neutral

Posted 5 September 2018 - 08:36

You have to remember that OpenATV (and the OpenATV image clones) use code that was written well over 2 years ago when the 1st multiboot receiver HD51 was released - zgemma just copied the same approach.

Both OpenPli (with FlashImage) and OpenViX (ImageManager) tell you which slots are empty and if occupied which Image is installed (OpenViX will also give you the Image version/date/Dev build, depending on the Image installed) - so you use a similar procedure to get the image onto the receiver and then choose the appropiate slot to flash - no need to remember what is installed in STARTUP_x

Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
.........FBC Tuners:
------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
.........DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W)

Octagon sf8008, AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo using Legacy ports on multiswitches
Zgemma H9twin & Zgemma H9 C/S mode into Giga4K

Re: Zgemma h7s multiboot question please! #27 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 5 September 2018 - 13:21

HD51 and Zgemma H7 are developed by the same people, aren't they? So, no surprise there.

It's a shame OpenPLi did not add the specific details for the procedure...

Instead, deleting a post smacks of stalinism or some such...

Ach, never mind...

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users