Recording IPTV

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Re: Recording IPTV #41 mrvica

• 1,227 posts

+82
Good

Posted 3 March 2021 - 10:16

did you install ServiceApp, if you set to exteplayer3 you won´t be able to record anything (so on my box), put back again to gstreamer (normal)

Re: Recording IPTV #42 mrvica

• 1,227 posts

+82
Good

Posted 3 March 2021 - 11:33

I didn´t mean normal recordings, of course you can record with exteplayer3, I meant IPTV recordings, that is what the thread is about, for IPTV recordings we should switch to ffmpeg and forget gstreamer

Re: Recording IPTV #43 ficaz

• 174 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 3 March 2021 - 11:49

I don't have installed ServiceApp plugin.

I am not sure I understood what you mean with exteplayer3 ? Are you saying that with exteplayer3 (ServiceApp) we can watch normal recording while in the same time IPTV recording is done with exteplayer3 and not interfering with each other ?

I didn´t mean normal recordings, of course you can record with exteplayer3, I meant IPTV recordings, that is what the thread is about, for IPTV recordings we should switch to ffmpeg and forget gstreamer

My receivers:

Vu+ Duo 4k SE

Vu+ Duo2

My site: FICAZ TV FOOTBALL INDEX

Re: Recording IPTV #44 mrvica

• 1,227 posts

+82
Good

Posted 3 March 2021 - 14:00

with exteplayer3 I can´t record IPTV, my box just gets stuck

Re: Recording IPTV #45 ficaz

• 174 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 3 March 2021 - 14:34

we are back to square 1

My receivers:

Vu+ Duo 4k SE

Vu+ Duo2

Re: Recording IPTV #46 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,628 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 3 March 2021 - 15:02

I have just started a recording of an freely available IP stream, and while that is recording, started the playback of another recording. I can also watch that stream while it is recording.

Not a single problem.

So I suggest your problem is the stream, or the stream provider, and not the software on the box.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Recording IPTV #47 ficaz

• 174 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 3 March 2021 - 15:06

I have just started a recording of an freely available IP stream, and while that is recording, started the playback of another recording. I can also watch that stream while it is recording.

Not a single problem.

So I suggest your problem is the stream, or the stream provider, and not the software on the box.

Can you please send link of that IPTV feed and which receiver you have been using while doing that ?

Edited by Mario-Ficaz, 3 March 2021 - 15:06.

My receivers:

Vu+ Duo 4k SE

Vu+ Duo2

Re: Recording IPTV #48 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,628 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 3 March 2021 - 15:08

I've used a Duo 4K,  The bouquet entry I used is

#SERVICE 4097:0:1:5269:C99:3:EB0000:0:0:0:http%3a//d3isaxd2t6q8zm.cloudfront.net/live/omroepzeeland/tv/index.m3u8:Omroep Zeeland HD

which is a 1080x1920 AVC stream.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Recording IPTV #49 ficaz

• 174 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 3 March 2021 - 16:00

I can confirm it works fine, playback, recording.

Looks like problems is when both videos (recording iptv and playback ) are mpegts. 

I've used a Duo 4K,  The bouquet entry I used is

#SERVICE 4097:0:1:5269:C99:3:EB0000:0:0:0:http%3a//d3isaxd2t6q8zm.cloudfront.net/live/omroepzeeland/tv/index.m3u8:Omroep Zeeland HD

which is a 1080x1920 AVC stream.

My receivers:

Vu+ Duo 4k SE

Vu+ Duo2

Re: Recording IPTV #50 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,628 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 3 March 2021 - 16:01

That is easily tested with a stream from another box.

Re: Recording IPTV #51 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,078 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 3 March 2021 - 17:06

From what I read before exteplayer3 doesn't implement the output solution to allow recording. So when you use ServiceApp and exteplayer3 you cannot record.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Recording IPTV #52 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 3 March 2021 - 17:15

There is a difference between 1:0... and 4097:... service refs. Recording/playback work totally differently for the 2 types of service refs. But still recording and watching should be possible regardless of whether 1: or 4097 is used.

@WanWizard: Thanks for confirming that this is no general problem.

Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Recording IPTV #53 ficaz

• 174 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 6 March 2021 - 22:42

Here is the update:

- In the meantime I’ve bought new Vu+ Duo 4k SE

- flashed with openatv 6.4

- tested iptv recording, many possible scenarios, watching satellite tv while recording iptv, watching recorded sat tv while recording iptv, watching iptv recording while watching iptv, all that with mpegts watching and mpegts iptv recording and it works flawlessly, without a hitch, in contrast to duo2 where does not.

not sure what is the reason, either image openatv, while i don’t think so, or different hardware or because FCB tuners even so i am not using unicable setup, it still shows 8 tuners. Not sure what is the difference but it works fantastic.

i’ll flash it with openpli but i think it would have not make any difference in terms of iptv recordings end result on Duo 4k

Edited by Mario-Ficaz, 6 March 2021 - 22:43.

My receivers:

Vu+ Duo 4k SE

Vu+ Duo2

Re: Recording IPTV #54 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,078 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 7 March 2021 - 11:58

There is a difference between 1:0... and 4097:... service refs. Recording/playback work totally differently for the 2 types of service refs. But still recording and watching should be possible regardless of whether 1: or 4097 is used.

@WanWizard: Thanks for confirming that this is no general problem.

If you define an IPTV channel with the service reference starting with 1 then it will use the channel available in your lamedb... so you can record it because in fact you are not watching the IPTV version. If the channel is not available in your lamedb then perhaps it use the IPTV URI.

With 4097 if you use gstreamer it is possible that you can record (if the provider allow multiple connections) but with extEplayer3 you cannot.

Edited by Pr2, 7 March 2021 - 11:59.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Recording IPTV #55 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 11 March 2021 - 11:08

@Pr2:

It's not true. The first value in the SRC (Service Reference Code) only determines through which service / player Enigma will process this stream:

If the value is 1 : it means the use of a built-in hardware player (dvb mediasink).

If the value is 4097 : it means the use of a software player (gstreamer) - this is mainly used for playing online Audio/Video streams, because any online Audio/Video steams usually does not have a format in the DVB standard.

If the value is 5001-5003 : then this value is usually "listened" by the ServiceApp plug-in installed in Enigma, which according to its configuration will then use, for example, Exteplayer3 or GstPlayer (it is also necessary to install the Exteplayer3 in Enigma).

For example, my IPTV provider broadcasts an MPEG-TS stream (in DVB format), which can be played through both 1 and 4097. In both cases, Enigma can handle this type of audio-video stream.

Edited by s3n0, 11 March 2021 - 11:12.

Re: Recording IPTV #56 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,078 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 11 March 2021 - 13:28

Please experience it yourself and report... If the service reference is known in the lamedb with service 1: then the tuner will be used or this was fixed since I last test it but I doubt.

So if your IPTV service reference is not known in your lamedb then it will use the provided URL and play the service just fine, like you report but if you define a valid service on your system the tuner will be used not the IPTV stream.

Edited by Pr2, 11 March 2021 - 13:31.

Re: Recording IPTV #57 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 11 March 2021 - 15:26

But I use in userbouquet files, for the same channel for the purpose of streaming the same channel but via the IPTV service (MPEG-TS), the SRC taken from the satellite channel. It doesn't matter if I use 4097 or 1 as the first value in the SRC. Both values work.

However, in the case of using "4097", I had a problem with accidental and permanent sound failure (I did not find out why). That's why I still use "1" (dvb mediasink).

Thus, the exact SRC in the userbouquet file has nothing to do with the "http://" address written at the end of the line. The Enigma algorithm reads a line in the userbouquet file, from the back ... and if there is an online stream (URL), then it is evaluated as a stream-source online (internet or local network) and not as a stream-source from the tuner. If no online stream (URL) is specified at the end of the line, then Enigma tries to search for the SRC (transponder and subsequently the channel name and other data for checking) in the "lamedb" database.

Re: Recording IPTV #58 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,078 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 11 March 2021 - 15:45

Then the bug is fixed.

Re: Recording IPTV #59 mrvica

• 1,227 posts

+82
Good

Posted 12 June 2021 - 19:31

the easiest way to record iptv is using ffmpeg

ffmpeg -i iptv_link file.ts

you may try this script for recording streams when running serviceapp with exteplayer3, you´ll  need static ffmpeg version, I put it on my HDD because it´s just too big for flash (~30MB), you have to adapt the script, it is not stable like on PC, CPU usage  on the box is very huge, you will need good internet connection

#!/bin/sh
# /usr/script/ffmpeg_record.sh
# ffmpeg recording tool by mrvica

# english date / time stamp
# DATE=`date +%Y.%m.%d_%H:%M:%S`
# german date / time stamp
# DATE=`date +%d.%m.%Y-%H:%M:%S`

DATE=`date +%d_%m_%Y-%H_%M_%S`
URL=`top -b -n1 | grep "exteplayer3" | awk '{print $9}' | sed '2d'`
#PATH="/media/hdd/movie/"
PATH=`/bin/grep config.usage.default_path= /etc/enigma2/settings | /bin/sed 's/[^ ]*=//'`
FILE="$PATH$DATE.ts"

if [ -d "$PATH" ]; then
	echo "recording to:"
	echo $FILE
	echo "started"
	/media/hdd/bin/ffmpeg -i $URL -s hd720 -c:v libx264 $FILE 2>/dev/null &
	#/media/hdd/bin/ffmpeg -i $URL -s hd720 $FILE 2>/dev/null &
else
	echo "record failed"
	echo "path $PATH unavailable, check the recording device"
	exit 1
fi
exit 0;

Re: Recording IPTV #60 mrvica

• 1,227 posts

+82
Good

Posted 14 June 2021 - 00:11

I´ve been playing arround with ffmpeg command line parameters, just copy video and audio is sufficient, we don´t need static version anymore, /user/bin/ffmpeg will do the job, replace the line with ffmpeg into

/usr/bin/ffmpeg -i $URL -s hd720 -vcodec copy -acodec copy $FILE 2>/dev/null &

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users