Re: tuxbox-common updates #21 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 7 August 2018 - 12:34

Hi Huevos,

@IanSav

Your changes just make it more difficult for us. (the people who are supplying the changes) to keep the files in sync. I vote that PLi do not accept this PR.

What have I made more difficult?  I just cleaned up all the white space in the files.  The data and formats are intact.

If you are complaining that maintaining good quality files is an issue then that is another problem (not with me).  ;)

Regards,

Ian.

Re: tuxbox-common updates #22 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 7 August 2018 - 12:36

I have submitted a pull request for the Terrestrial cosmetic changes. I've left out leaving out the lines indicating differences in guard interval. That needs harmonising where appropriate in image.

Cant be bothered arguing.

Re: tuxbox-common updates #23 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 7 August 2018 - 12:44

@Huevos

Would you please share your tools/scripts so we could improve or use it too?

Thanks in advance.

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

Re: tuxbox-common updates #24 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 7 August 2018 - 12:48

Hi Abu,

That's okay.  At least you have not been used as a pawn in other people's political battles.  :(

Regards,

Ian.

Re: tuxbox-common updates #25 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 7 August 2018 - 12:49

Hi Persian Price,

@Huevos

Thanks in advance.

Why don't you want to use the data already being maintained in the OE-Alliance repository?

Regards,

Ian.

Re: tuxbox-common updates #26 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 7 August 2018 - 12:49

Hi Abu,

That's okay.  At least you have not been used as a pawn in other people's political battles.  :(

Regards,

Ian.

Oh, the Irony!

Re: tuxbox-common updates #27 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 7 August 2018 - 12:59

Hi Persian Price,

@Huevos

Thanks in advance.

Why don't you want to use the data already being maintained in the OE-Alliance repository?

Regards,

Ian.

Hi Ian,

Well take a look at what we have now:

- PLi standards (With log folder which is on my nerve when I want to fetch it from git), it doesn't contain everything ...

- OE-A standards, they won't accept your changes because the scripts and tools are not made that way ...

There could be a third option: We can have another one (https://github.com/PLi-metas)

Regards,

Persian Prince

Edited by Persian Prince, 7 August 2018 - 13:00.

Re: tuxbox-common updates #28 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 7 August 2018 - 13:25

Hi,

I'm sorry but I am over this!

The political game of one upmanship is going to wreck Enigma2 and I want no part of it.  Instead of co-operating and supporting each other everyone wants to play politics and do things just to spite the other images.  I get tricked into being pushed from one political stouch to the next.  I refuse to play that game any more and I will no longer allow myself to be used as a pawn in such games in the future.

I was asked to improve the TuxBox data to make interoperability easier.  Now I am criticised for doing EXACTLY that.  I waste lots of time making changes for people just to have them reverted because it helps another image or breaks code that was written badly in the first place.  I am even being criticised by the person who asked me to do this task in the first place.  After two days of strenuous effort all I have achieved is a total waste of my time and effort!

I want to see Enigma2 grow and thrive.  I want to spend my time writing improvements for ALL Enigma2 users.  Do people really want Enigma2 to thrive and grow or are they more interested in winning old, pointless and wasteful  political battles?

Regards,

Ian.

Re: tuxbox-common updates #29 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 7 August 2018 - 13:38

@Ian

You always have my respect, I think in this kind of situations it's better to have the third option I mean another repo that could work for all ;)

Where can we find the lyngsat grabber script? Why not just do what we think is good? Will PLi or Huevos share it?

Regards,

Persian Prince

Edited by Persian Prince, 7 August 2018 - 13:39.

Re: tuxbox-common updates #30 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 7 August 2018 - 13:43

I was asked to improve the TuxBox data to make interoperability easier.  Now I am criticised for doing EXACTLY that.

Where were you asked that?

Edited by Abu Baniaz, 7 August 2018 - 13:43.

Re: tuxbox-common updates #31 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 7 August 2018 - 14:08

Hi Persian Prince,

@Ian

You always have my respect, I think in this kind of situations it's better to have the third option I mean another repo that could work for all ;)

Where can we find the lyngsat grabber script? Why not just do what we think is good? Will PLi or Huevos share it?

Regards,

Persian Prince

In Australia we only have DVB-T.  One of the Beyonwiz developers, Prl, wrote some programs to harvest the government provided data and create an Australian based terrestrial.xml file.  I don't have any information about the sources of the other data used in TuxBox.  I believe the programs used to build the XML data is written and maintained by Huevos.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: tuxbox-common updates #32 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 7 August 2018 - 14:12

Hi Abu,

I was asked to improve the TuxBox data to make interoperability easier.  Now I am criticised for doing EXACTLY that.

I was asked in a private discussion area.  I understood that the aim was to have a single authoritative TuxBox repository that all images could use.  I believe that the OE-Alliance repository was intended to be the image agnostic repository for all such shared data.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: tuxbox-common updates #33 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 7 August 2018 - 14:53

@Huevos

Thanks in advance.

Why do you want the tool? The output is available on OE-A. What is wrong with the output? No one has ever complained so far.

Re: tuxbox-common updates #34 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 7 August 2018 - 15:18

Hi Abu,

I was asked in a private discussion area.  I understood that the aim was to have a single authoritative TuxBox repository that all images could use.  I believe that the OE-Alliance repository was intended to be the image agnostic repository for all such shared data.

Regards,

Ian.

I'm sure this really means have another repo that only PLi members have write access to.

Re: tuxbox-common updates #35 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 7 August 2018 - 15:23

Hi Huevos,

I'm sure this really means have another repo that only PLi members have write access to.

This is 100% incorrect.  The intended target was to be the OE-Alliance repository where all common Enigma2 data is stored.  This data should be image agnostic.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: tuxbox-common updates #36 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 7 August 2018 - 15:35

Hi,

Given all the distractions I would like to reask Littlesat and/or WanWizard what else needs to be fixed or done to the OE-Alliance master copy of the TuxBox data to allow OpenPLi to use the OE-Alliance master copy instead of maintaining their own out of date and private copy of the data?

Regards,

Ian.

Re: tuxbox-common updates #37 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 7 August 2018 - 18:03

@Huevos

Thanks in advance.

Why do you want the tool? The output is available on OE-A. What is wrong with the output? No one has ever complained so far.

I believe we can improve and extend it, for example create multiple branches for some countries with only what they need and provide country-based ipks with xml files ...

Having more options is always good for end-users so please share it so we can have our forked version.

Regards,
Persian Prince

Re: tuxbox-common updates #38 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 7 August 2018 - 19:15

There isn't a generator script. The data is in a database. To create the file a query is sent to the database and the output converted to xml.

Re: tuxbox-common updates #39 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 7 August 2018 - 20:18

I personally am not aware of any such request.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: tuxbox-common updates #40 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 7 August 2018 - 20:21

Given all the distractions I would like to reask Littlesat and/or WanWizard what else needs to be fixed or done to the OE-Alliance master copy of the TuxBox data to allow OpenPLi to use the OE-Alliance master copy instead of maintaining their own out of date and private copy of the data?

I wasn't even aware there are differences, did OE-A change to a different format, as we use the same as been used for the last 10+ years? Any other reason for incompatibility?

I have no clue about what this discussion is about, so please enlighten me. ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users