←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

I think I killed my DM600 :(

's foto SoupNazi 26 mei 2008

ok, happy to try with another image.. but still not sure how to get dreamup working

my pc does have a real com port.. is there something else I can try?
Citeren

's foto jonc 26 mei 2008

I had the same issue here a few months ago see "http://www.dream-mul...p?postid=29115" where all the boot data was removed. The result, sent the box back and still waiting on it to come back. The cause as a spike on the mains from what I can tell.

But there is hope for yours yet (I think) as you did not get the full bye bye message.
Citeren

's foto jonc 26 mei 2008

Just adding to that note. It had a 120gb hdd in it, with PLi Iolite and for some reason it went belly up as well (the hdd). I had to reformat it in a linux box again (and yes lost all the data) before it could be found again in a new 600.
Citeren

well, I'm glad there's hope :)

is there anything else I can do? a way to force dreamup to see it? or a way around using dreamup? or maybe some manual way to give it a kick start?
Citeren

's foto jonc 26 mei 2008

If it is like the error I gave, then 2 options;

1. jtag it (not a good idea at all, and not fun)
2. return to dealer for replacement under warranty

BTW: What are the lights on the front panel doing? Flashing red / green /red/ green etc ? Or just red, or just green?
Citeren

solid red and green

the green light flashes once when I first turn it on.. but then it's solid
Citeren

's foto Roodkapke 26 mei 2008

Just asking...

Can you determine what ipadres is handed out to your dreambox?
If network comes up, that is.
Solid green and red sound like it's in stopmode.
Citeren

's foto SoupNazi 27 mei 2008

The network light isn't coming on any more.

I set it as a static ip before I flashed it.. started it in stopmode and performed the flash. Everything seemed to go well until I rebooted it, now the network light doesn't come on and the screen is blank.

FYI, I did try connecting with dreamup once before trying it in stopmode (before any of these problems occurred). Dreamup didn't connect then either. my dreambox shipped with some version of gemini pre-installed.
Citeren

's foto jonc 27 mei 2008

The network light isn't coming on any more.

I set it as a static ip before I flashed it.. started it in stopmode and performed the flash. Everything seemed to go well until I rebooted it, now the network light doesn't come on and the screen is blank.

FYI, I did try connecting with dreamup once before trying it in stopmode (before any of these problems occurred). Dreamup didn't connect then either. my dreambox shipped with some version of gemini pre-installed.

Stopmode = brick

If it had gemini installed from your dealer and not Enigma it is most likely a clone 600 and not an original. As originals come with Enigma installed on them.
Citeren

's foto hemertje 27 mei 2008

If it had gemini installed from your dealer and not Enigma it is most likely a clone 600 and not an original. As originals come with Enigma installed on them.

dont spread rumours here!
since when are 600 clones on the market?

as far as i know the new boxes, like a 600, cant be cloned due to the extra security chip in it!
Citeren

's foto SoupNazi 27 mei 2008

So there's no solution?

I am trying to contact my seller. If he doesn't solve it for me, what can I do?
What does it mean to Jtag it? and why is it a bad idea?

and is a bad idea better than no idea? lol
Citeren

's foto bartender 27 mei 2008

So there's no solution?

I am trying to contact my seller. If he doesn't solve it for me, what can I do?
What does it mean to Jtag it? and why is it a bad idea?

and is a bad idea better than no idea? lol

JTAG = Soldering a terminal block onto the mainboard, and trying to find the firmware you need somewhere on the internet, there was a lot of discussion on austech about how to JTAG a busted DM500 killed by Gemini. Lets just say it's not for the faint of heart, and for someone who owns a legit box as it should get fixed by your dealer.

I would assume trying again with Dreamup and not having the "use network" checkbox turned on would be your best bet.

But from the sounds of it I think returning it to your dealer would be the best bet.
Citeren

's foto pieterg 27 mei 2008

indeed, if it is a clone, let them send you a real one, I assume that's what you ordered.

The errormessage indicates it cannot find the security chip
Citeren

's foto WPooh 29 mei 2008

I agree with pieterg - something wrong with the security chip. It's sad, but you have to contact your seller/support. Here is some info: http://www.dream-mul...ightuser=0&sid=
Citeren

's foto nfnovice 29 mei 2008

ok I'll bite - are there 600 clones or not ?
Citeren

's foto pieterg 30 mei 2008

yes there are
Citeren

's foto nfnovice 31 mei 2008

so does that mean pli iolite looks for 600 clone by way of this security chip and will not let it boot ?
Citeren

's foto dAF2000 31 mei 2008

so does that mean pli iolite looks for 600 clone by way of this security chip and will not let it boot ?

Such a check could only be in the closed DMM driver and we're not aware of if/when they've build such a check.
Citeren

's foto Roodkapke 31 mei 2008

The dongle inside is a security chip which DMM build in all newer models.
It's DMM's way of checking if the box is genuine, and if not, your box won't run.

At least that's how DMM explained this chip.
Citeren

's foto WanWizard 31 mei 2008

Rumour has it that Iolite runs perfectly on a clone box, so I guess the dongle must be there, or the clone builder must have found a way to fake it.
Citeren