timeshift Pausedirect Vu+ recording

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 6 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 dachu

• 4 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 14 augustus 2018 - 23:26

Hello everybody,

I’m facing an issue with my Vu+ Solo4K running with the last OpenPLi 6.2 firmware.
The timeshift is enabled and begin to record after 5 seconds if I don’t zap to another channel. Everything is well configured to record the recording into a specific repertory in the hard disk. This functionality is running perfectly. But the issue I have is when I want to record the channel I’m watching. It begins to record and then, after around 1 minute, the channel freezes and I have to zap up and down to come back on the channel and make it work again. In the PVR, the recording file is stopped when the freeze occurred but the box thinks that the recording is still running. If I schedule a recording when the box is in standby, I don’t have this issue as the timeshift doesn’t run.

Does someone knows how to resolve this issue or how to proceed to disable the running timeshift to be able to record the current channel?
Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Damien

Re: Vu+ Solo 4K - Recording issue when timeshift is enabled #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6046 berichten

+256
Excellent

Geplaatst op 15 augustus 2018 - 00:05

Hi,

Please describe you setting, which kind of channel Satellite, Terrestrial, Cable, IPTV?

Which provider?

Which kind of descrambling card have you?

Are you using a softcam or an common interface module?

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Vu+ Solo 4K - Recording issue when timeshift is enabled #3 dachu

• 4 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 15 augustus 2018 - 09:35

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
Sorry I forgot to mention this information. I’m using IPTV without any card, softcam or anything else.

Best regards,
Damien

Re: Vu+ Solo 4K - Recording issue when timeshift is enabled #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6046 berichten

+256
Excellent

Geplaatst op 15 augustus 2018 - 09:38

Hello,

I was 100% sure that it was that... this has been already discussed many times: no recording possible on illegal IPTV services. The provider restrict to one and only one stream at the time and recording needs 2.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Vu+ Solo 4K - Recording issue when timeshift is enabled #5 dachu

• 4 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 15 augustus 2018 - 09:55

Hello,

Thank you so much for your answer. And I’m sorry, I looked into the other posts, but I never found this information. Shame one me :-(
Anyway, it’s strange that the functionality PIP works while only one stream could be use at a time. Moreover, the recording doesn’t work if I record the channel I’m watching (so only one network flow).

Once again, thank you very much for your help and your time.

Best regards,
Damien

Re: Vu+ Solo 4K - Recording issue when timeshift is enabled #6 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6046 berichten

+256
Excellent

Geplaatst op 15 augustus 2018 - 10:13

Hello,

No timeshift is using 1 connection so it is working and by design recording use 2 flows even if you record the channel you are currently watching, this is how enigma2 is build from the beginning and is hardly alterable without deep source code changes.

I am surprised that PiP is working because indeed this requires also 2 flows.

Pr2

Re: Vu+ Solo 4K - Recording issue when timeshift is enabled #7 dachu

• 4 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 15 augustus 2018 - 10:34

Hello,

Thank you so much.
I understand better now why this behavior occurs. I’ll try to investigate with the provider to have a better understanding of how it works exactly with PiP and why it works.

Best regards,
Damien

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: timeshift, Pausedirect, Vu+, recording

0 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 0 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers