Photo

Help with forum

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mjray

• 64 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 August 2018 - 10:53

Hi. New box (zgemma h9), new user, great firmware. First post. I've met some problems using this forum. Where should I ask about or report them, please?

Re: Help with forum #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,604 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:22

In one of these (https://forums.openp...3-pli®-support/) depending on the language you want to ask the question in.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Help with forum #3 mjray

• 64 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 August 2018 - 17:31

OK, thanks. I wasn't sure if that was only for support with pli itself.

Re: Help with forum #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 19 August 2018 - 18:01

Which problems do you have with this forum?

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Help with forum #5 mjray

• 64 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 August 2018 - 21:57

For example, if I click 'use mobile version', I get dumped out to the main site and can't get back in until I clear cookies.

There's an openId symbol next to the Twitter one in the top bar, but I couldn't see how to sign up with it.

The registration has recaptcha on it, which isn't a captcha and is really difficult for people who don't see or hear well. Email validation is required anyway so that seems a bit mean and ableist.

I seem to be restricted how much I can post so I'm opening topics on my usage questions first. Forum difficulties will have to wait.

Re: Help with forum #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,604 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:27

You probably block some cookies, the forum uses a cookie to mark acceptance of GDPR, which you need to accept from the main site.

There is a forum software update in the planning, perhaps that will improve things.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Help with forum #7 mjray

• 64 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 August 2018 - 11:55

Is blocking cookies why you think I get dumped out to the home page? I can't see anything on the home page asking me to accept anything but maybe I have a cookie which isn't getting passed to subdomains - do you know what cookie(s) it's looking for?

And "acceptance of GDPR"... do you mean the site is doing stuff which requires explicit consent? Everything in the privacy policy which says "With your consent" seems to also be allowed as "legitimate interests" so what's consent required for?

I suspect many (most?) old techies block some cookies and scripts rather than be tracked everywhere easily by Google, Twitter, Amazon, Paypal and so on? If it's really needed, could it bring up an error message rather silently redirecting to a page that doesn't say why we've been sent there?

Edited by mjray, 20 August 2018 - 11:55.

Re: Help with forum #8 mjray

• 64 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 August 2018 - 11:57

Just met another one. Things put in the "Reply to this topic" box seem to have paragraph breaks removed. For example, this is entered as three paragraphs.

Re: Help with forum #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,604 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2018 - 12:10

Is blocking cookies why you think I get dumped out to the home page? I can't see anything on the home page asking me to accept anything but maybe I have a cookie which isn't getting passed to subdomains - do you know what cookie(s) it's looking for?

The cookie is called "gdpr-accepted", should have the value "Yes", and is set to the domain ".openpli.org". All our subdomains require shared use of cookies (for endusers, only "openpli.org" and "forums.openpli.org" are relevant).

Re: Help with forum #10 mjray

• 64 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 August 2018 - 14:14

The cookie is called "gdpr-accepted", should have the value "Yes", and is set to the domain ".openpli.org". All our subdomains require shared use of cookies (for endusers, only "openpli.org" and "forums.openpli.org" are relevant).

I don't have that cookie. Can I get it somewhere or shall I just set it manually?

Re: Help with forum #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,604 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2018 - 15:52

You should be prompted for it with a big red banner on the homepage (https://openpli.org). If you accept it will be set (if you haven't blocked it). But yes, you can set it manually too.

Re: Help with forum #12 mjray

• 64 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 August 2018 - 10:55

You should be prompted for it with a big red banner on the homepage (https://openpli.org). If you accept it will be set (if you haven't blocked it). But yes, you can set it manually too.

No banner on the homepage that I can see. Setting it manually lets me into the wiki.

I still don't understand what the site's doing that requires consent.

Re: Help with forum #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,604 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 21 August 2018 - 13:08

The wiki and the forum use your personal data (name and birthday if you enter it, email address) which we store, and it will send you email (f you enable it). GDPR requires you to have consent for everything you store and do with what you store.

It was quickly implemented to be ready before the introduction date, pending a better solution (which in turn is waiting for a software upgrade which in turn is waiting for someone with the correct knowledge and available time).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users