FallBackTuner: import services & EPG

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Re: FallBackTuner: import services & EPG #61 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2018 - 12:19

I just flashed the 4/9 image, and now the import fails 100% of the time (also the manual import via extensions).

Re: FallBackTuner: import services & EPG #62 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2018 - 12:26

I just flashed the 4/9 image, and now the import fails 100% of the time (also the manual import via extensions).

De foutmelding is wel veranderd; voorheen was het dat de epg.dat niet kon worden gevonden, nu is de melding dat er een fout is bij het schrijven van epg.dat op de server.

Re: FallBackTuner: import services & EPG #63 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2018 - 12:28

De foutmelding is wel veranderd; voorheen was het dat de epg.dat niet kon worden gevonden, nu is de melding dat er een fout is bij het schrijven van epg.dat op de server.

Sorry for jumping to Dutch....

Translated:
The error has changed; first the reported error was 'epg.dat on server not found' (possibly because of the changed name as we noticed above), now the error report is something like '....error on writing epg.dat on server'.

Re: FallBackTuner: import services & EPG #64 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2018 - 17:12

Then owif returns it is not able to create the epg.dat on the server

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: FallBackTuner: import services & EPG #65 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2018 - 17:22

Is that the case? I always got that original error because my epg.dat is created in /media/usb, and the code didn't check that location (and therefore decided that created had failed).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: FallBackTuner: import services & EPG #66 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2018 - 21:43

Then owif returns it is not able to create the epg.dat on the server

But why would that now be the case? The situation is now worse then a week ago.

Is that the case? I always got that original error because my epg.dat is created in /media/usb, and the code didn't check that location (and therefore decided that created had failed).

Same here, so I moved the file to the (internal) HDD. That worked fine, until this recent flash.

Re: FallBackTuner: import services & EPG #67 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2018 - 21:45

BTW: when I approach the same server from a box running ViX the EPG-import works fine.

Re: FallBackTuner: import services & EPG #68 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2018 - 22:43

First should your exact message.... when it the file cannot be created the something is going wrong with the command via the owif that forces the epg.dat is created ons the server Box. As far I know when the server box is a vix box it can’t work as far I can see as vix has two different configs... one for the dir of the epg.dat and one for the filename... and we have that combined in one config... so then the grabbing for the location cannot work when it is relocated on a box with vix. So I think it is clarified. And why should we make it in two configs while you can do it in one! Vix is currently simply not compatible now...

Edited by littlesat, 6 September 2018 - 22:49.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: FallBackTuner: import services & EPG #69 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 7 September 2018 - 03:20

That's a pity, as it was before it worked at least most of the times. And I use a default location (on internal HDD).
So I have to skip PLi now....

Re: FallBackTuner: import services & EPG #70 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 7 September 2018 - 05:12

That's a pity, as it was before it worked at least most of the times. And I use a default location (on internal HDD).
So I have to skip PLi now....

I really think it's too bad that PLi has made itself incompatible with (all??) other images in this respect.
Why look for a PLi-specific setting, instead of just looking for the file at (all) the normal places (internal/mounts)?

Re: FallBackTuner: import services & EPG #71 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 7 September 2018 - 07:08

The others made themself uncompatible with pli... note that for eg both openatv and vix are bases on a fork of pli...and in vix and openatv made the stuff more complicated as you do not need two different configs for path and filename. Basically it is vix and openatv that breaks the compatibility which also proves the disadvantage of opensource and stay forking... ar the end ‘all’ the others make themself not compatible... we did ‘nothing’ here... note the world is round :)
What can be done here is e.g. ask the owif team to add a special Function that downloads the epg.dat from a server box instantly. I also think scanning for the file can’t work because when you change the setting you have left overs on the old lokation and on the other images the file itself can be renamed so at least to Ger .. getting the location or via the webif is the only structured way to find it. Another option is the code is adapted for both vix/openatv’s style but only when it can be done in an easy way and the team wants it. The best option is openatv and vix revert the config for the epg.dat file back to a single config (which results in more simple code). But I’m afraid they never adapt... however vix sometimes adapt (Jess) when we make here at pli things less compatible...

Edited by littlesat, 7 September 2018 - 08:26.

Re: FallBackTuner: import services & EPG #72 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 7 September 2018 - 08:28

And scanning though the media does also not work because you can change the target file on the server box... so the name can change to a different file as epg.dat.

Edited by littlesat, 7 September 2018 - 08:28.

Re: FallBackTuner: import services & EPG #73 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 7 September 2018 - 11:03

As far I can see the end result will still get into the same config with Vix as we have with OpenPLi... can you forward your 'end result' in /etc/enigma2/settings for config.misc.epgcache_filename ?

I see here that you are capable of selecting a media from a selection list, which is nice... but there is a condition that it does not work as no media can be added to the list while e2 is running. So you only see the media that was available at the start of E2... 

config.misc.epgcachepath = ConfigSelection(default = '/etc/enigma2/', choices = hddchoises)
             config.misc.epgcachefilename = ConfigText(default='epg', fixed_size=False)
             config.misc.epgcache_filename = ConfigText(default = (config.misc.epgcachepath.value + config.misc.epgcachefilename.value.replace('.dat','') + '.dat'))
             def EpgCacheChanged(configElement):
                    config.misc.epgcache_filename.setValue(os.path.join(config.misc.epgcachepath.value, config.misc.epgcachefilename.value.replace('.dat','') + '.dat'))
                    config.misc.epgcache_filename.save()
                    eEPGCache.getInstance().setCacheFile(config.misc.epgcache_filename.value)
                    epgcache = eEPGCache.getInstance()
                    epgcache.save()
                    if not config.misc.epgcache_filename.value.startswith("/etc/enigma2/"):
                           if os.path.exists('/etc/enigma2/' + config.misc.epgcachefilename.value.replace('.dat','') + '.dat'):
                                  os.remove('/etc/enigma2/' + config.misc.epgcachefilename.value.replace('.dat','') + '.dat')
             config.misc.epgcachepath.addNotifier(EpgCacheChanged, immediate_feedback = False)
             config.misc.epgcachefilename.addNotifier(EpgCacheChanged, immediate_feedback = False)

Edited by littlesat, 7 September 2018 - 11:08.

Re: FallBackTuner: import services & EPG #74 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 7 September 2018 - 12:52

1- No, (apparently) PLi made itself incompatible; as I said it worked (although not flawless) until your recent change.
2- Scanning media works in ViX. No matter where I locate the epg.dat, the client ViX-box finds and imports the EPG.
3- The only epg-cache-setting I find in my ViX settings is

config.misc.epgcachepath=/media/hdd/

Edited by Rob van der Does, 7 September 2018 - 12:53.

Re: FallBackTuner: import services & EPG #75 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 7 September 2018 - 14:06

1. No - OpenVix forked openpli and they made the changes. We never changed it - Vix changed it and with a good reason as they can select a media from a selection list. Here you need to enter the whole path. Unless this is made more easier it does not work under all conditions(as it does not cover instantly inserted and removed media - e.g. an USB is not removed/added while E2 is running).

2. Scanning can't work as you can also change the name in vix from epg.dat to something_else.dat.

3, I don't need config.misc.epgcachepath, instead I need config.misc.epgcache_filename as that is the config I ' grepped' and the only config PLi has for this feature.It should contain 'config.misc.epgcachepath=/media/hdd/epg.dat'. When not the issue is on the 'server' side. WHen you've got this then I need to investigate something,

4. When we can solve it we'll solve it...

En anders wil ik wel weten wat de waarde is van epgdatfile na regel 32 hier

https://github.com/O...portChannels.py

door er ff een print epgdatfile tussen te zetten op regel 33...

Edited by littlesat, 7 September 2018 - 14:19.

Re: FallBackTuner: import services & EPG #76 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 7 September 2018 - 14:21

config.misc.epgcachepath isn't used in either the OpenPLi source and the OE-A source. The only plugin using "epgcachepath" is EPGrefresh, but that doesn't use "config.misc".

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: FallBackTuner: import services & EPG #77 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 7 September 2018 - 14:57

In my ViX-settings there is no config.misc.epgcache_filename. And that seems logical, as I didn't change the name (so the default name is used and hence I have a file named epg.dat on my HDD).

4. When we can solve it we'll solve it...

OK, that's the spirit !

Edited by Rob van der Does, 7 September 2018 - 14:59.

Re: FallBackTuner: import services & EPG #78 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 7 September 2018 - 15:11

It should be there... the code in #73 is fix code... when it is not there then something is wrong within Vix...When it is not there the epg.dat should be in /hdd/epg.dat.... is that softlink  /hdd availble in Vix? When not we could consider to change the default location to /hdd/media/epg.dat.

This by changing line 32 in ImportChannels.py from

epgdatfile = epgdatfile and epgdatfile[0].split('=')[1].strip() or "/hdd/epg.dat"

to

epgdatfile = epgdatfile and epgdatfile[0].split('=')[1].strip() or "/media/hdd/epg.dat"

Edited by littlesat, 7 September 2018 - 15:14.

Re: FallBackTuner: import services & EPG #79 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 7 September 2018 - 15:47

/hdd/epg.dat  is available (and can even be found using DreamExplorer on the client box under PLi, under /media/net/hadrdiskVUDUO2/epg.dat).
But remember the current error is about writing the file on the server, not about reading it ("Channels from fallbacktuner failed Error when writing epg.dat on server").

After changing the line as you suggested the same error occurs:
[Skin] Processing screen: MessageBoxSimple

warning, skin is missing element WarningPixmap in <class 'Screens.MessageBox.MessageBox'>(Channels from fallback tuner failed Error when writing epg.dat on server)

[Skin] Processing screen: MessageBoxSimple_summary
Please be aware that on the ViX-side nothing has changed at all in this respect; it did work before.

Edited by Rob van der Does, 7 September 2018 - 15:49.

Re: FallBackTuner: import services & EPG #80 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 7 September 2018 - 16:35

The writing file on the server is a command over the webif... this command never changed...
But it indicates something went wrong on the server when the new file is written..
Firsr I understand you put it on a different location than the standard location. Then it also Goes wrong before my latest changes... so before the loacation of the epg.dat on the server lands... please see our ImportChannels.py... so somehow it cannot reach the server at all.. (wrong url) or the server can’t write the epg.dat via the owif command

Edited by littlesat, 7 September 2018 - 16:41.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users