9 replies to this topic

#1 deezee6

• 49 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 6 September 2018 - 13:56

Need help!

Hi,

A month ago bought Vu+zero 4k and flashed it with Black Hole. The STB worked for a week and than frose at Starting GUI. Contacted the seller and was advised to flash it with Open Pli. Now with the latest version of Open Pli the STB works fine, but when booting, Black Hole image comes first, which stays on the TV screen for about 10 seconds, than black screen, than Open Pli image comes for a second, black screen and than the STB boots with Open Pli. All these make the STB to boot about 15 second or more slower than usual. Tried to google for a solution, no result. Tried to find where the Black Hole image file (picture) is to delete it, no result. (It is not in /boot/. I use Dream Explorer). Can somebody more knowledgeable help me to get rid of the Black Hole picture, so the STB boots faster. Thanks 

Re: Flashing Black Hole with OpenPli problem #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2018 - 14:39

https://forums.openp...u-splashscreen/

BTW, the splash screen has nothing to do with boot speed, images are copied into the framebuffer with hardly any delay.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Flashing Black Hole with OpenPli problem #3 deezee6

• 49 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 7 September 2018 - 10:43

Thanks for the help.Downloaded the file from the link. Extracted it to USB, Flashed the STB (Vu+ zero 4k), it did not work. Used Logo Manager, it did not take it. Am I doing something wrong?   Any links 'for splash screen' for Vu+Zero 4k appreciated.

Re: Flashing Black Hole with OpenPli problem #4 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 7 September 2018 - 10:50

You need to flash via USB stick (attach usb stick, turn on the box and press key on the front panel). You cannot change the splash screen with the flash mechanism included in OpenPLi.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Flashing Black Hole with OpenPli problem #5 deezee6

• 49 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 7 September 2018 - 11:06

Thanks for the info. Followed the instruction. Vu+ Zero 4K dos not have any key on the front panel.Tried pressing key on the remote, it did not work.

Re: Flashing Black Hole with OpenPli problem #6 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 7 September 2018 - 14:19

Ah, sorry. I thought Solo4k.

Use this one: https://forums.openp...ndpost&p=852512

But you need same directory structure like in normal images: /vuplus/zero4k/ And put the files into this directory.

Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Flashing Black Hole with OpenPli problem #7 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 7 September 2018 - 15:25

Here's the complete file. Just unzip and do the same as when flashing an image: Attached File  vuplus.zip   268.65KB   16 downloads

Re: Flashing Black Hole with OpenPli problem #8 deezee6

• 49 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 7 September 2018 - 16:22

Veel dank!

This time it worked perfectly. As I see, you are very knowledgeable. Any links or instructions how to make my own customize splash screen? I have Photoshop and Premiere Pro.

Thanks again.

Re: Flashing Black Hole with OpenPli problem #9 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 7 September 2018 - 16:32

Rename the splash file you found with extension .bmp and open it and you will see the image (then you can check the size and color details of it). Splash screen is just a bitmap.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Flashing Black Hole with OpenPli problem #10 deezee6

• 49 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 7 September 2018 - 17:25

Thank you all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users