• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #21 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,623 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 11 September 2018 - 16:13

Solve it with colors in skin is enough...

Attached Files

Edited by ims, 11 September 2018 - 16:13.

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #22 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 11 September 2018 - 16:33

Unless you are colour blind... ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #23 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,258 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 11 September 2018 - 18:37

The swig swag of yellow/white does not give a restfull impression. Therefore I think it is not done.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #24 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,623 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 11 September 2018 - 19:12

then you have visibled selector (vertival lines) and EPG has smaller text ...

btw - colour blind is never B/W. It is partialy or whole one color deficit => still are visible diferences, because our skins not using basic colors ...

The swig swag of yellow/white does not give a restfull impression. Therefore I think it is not done.

most better than to have it in same color ...

Btw - then we should to have one skin for color blind people.

Edited by ims, 11 September 2018 - 19:24.

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #25 blinkosm

• 144 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 11 September 2018 - 21:21

then you have visibled selector (vertival lines) and EPG has smaller text ...

btw - colour blind is never B/W. It is partialy or whole one color deficit => still are visible diferences, because our skins not using basic colors ...

most better than to have it in same color ...

Btw - then we should to have one skin for color blind people.

it's not only about color  but also about style with () looks great even with the same color as you can see in the blackhole image  and () make easy to separete channel name from eventname :)

Attached Files

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #26 blinkosm

• 144 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 11 September 2018 - 21:28

for exemple : look at the channnel 6 in the picture, italia 1 SPORT MEDIASET without () could look like the channel name is italia 1 SPORT and the eventname is MEDIASET  witch is wrong :huh:

Attached Files

Edited by blinkosm, 11 September 2018 - 21:28.

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #27 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,258 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 11 September 2018 - 21:28

Cross colors is making chaos in your brain... but basic skin is doing on almost every location... also menu... that was exactly why with fullnight skin I stopped that swap..

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #28 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,623 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:21

Cross colors is making chaos in your brain... but basic skin is doing on almost every location... also menu... that was exactly why with fullnight skin I stopped that swap..

No chaos with cross colors in my brain...

Btw - it will be "nice" to have several brackets, f.eg.:   SERVICE (event(25)). But If it will be in EPG setting (No/yes), why not. In cpp add 2 chars will not be delay ...

Problem adding it in cpp will be plugins taking current event name from channel list under selector - there will be be problem to decide, if it was added brackets or no... 

Edited by ims, 12 September 2018 - 06:22.

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #29 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,258 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:42

I have two kids with authism... And from there I know these kind of things bring chaos in your brain and I also learned things about user interfaces due to this that exactly this is a note done... also different brackets is something you should not do... people without autism call thus x-mass tree :) I’m planing a bracket setting but be patience for this. And for the fullnight skin I also will solve the issue with the colors... making it yellow is probably not a good choice here as yellow is also used for selected text in a list anywhere in the skin...

Edited by littlesat, 12 September 2018 - 06:45.

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #30 blinkosm

• 144 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:13

good idea to add ()  option in EPG SETTINGS

Edited by blinkosm, 12 September 2018 - 11:13.

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #31 Taapat

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,342 posts

+120
Excellent

Posted 12 September 2018 - 14:31

@littlesat but why do you want to use only brackets by settings?
Maybe someone else wants to use stars?

I think that better this separator should be implemented in skin, so you can specify which characters use for separation, just like the font and color.
Of course, in this case the user without the screen changes in skin can not turn it on or off, but whether it is necessary if different colors are used in skin.

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #32 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,258 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 12 September 2018 - 17:27

In the skin is no good idea at all... As this cannot be (easily) customized... For this feature I think it is better to implement it as config (it is no font or color it is a change in text)...

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #33 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:06

Maybe consider the already available tabbed (columns) view?

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #34 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,258 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:10

Yep... that is indeed available... But when using it so many 'unused' space is created... and for long service names it might 'hurt'....

As you can see there are already so many configs here because of all the tastes people have ;) And each feature/config you add can be a 'cullpit' for a modification/improvement later.... you cannot get rit of them or you risk braking (some of) them... Therefor when we add () I think we should avoid to add [] ** {} || // \\ ^^ %% @@ ## ++ == -- __ `` "" '' ~~ and so on.... Or add a feature mark epg on service list with [None, (), [], {}, "", -  ....]

Edited by littlesat, 14 September 2018 - 09:14.

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #35 blinkosm

• 144 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:05

Yep... that is indeed available... But when using it so many 'unused' space is created... and for long service names it might 'hurt'....

As you can see there are already so many configs here because of all the tastes people have ;) And each feature/config you add can be a 'cullpit' for a modification/improvement later.... you cannot get rit of them or you risk braking (some of) them... Therefor when we add () I think we should avoid to add [] ** {} || // \\ ^^ %% @@ ## ++ == -- __ `` "" '' ~~ and so on.... Or add a feature mark epg on service list with [None, (), [], {}, "", -  ....]

yes, but i think the () is enough , there is a lot of users familliar with () beacause they already see it in dmm's, blackhole newnigma2 etc images and it's look great to seperate servicename and eventname. :) . the mark epg is good idea but there's a lot of symbol and maybe everytime someone will ask to add a new symbol not like already mentioned but something like cross or egyptian symbol

Edited by blinkosm, 14 September 2018 - 10:09.

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #36 blinkosm

• 144 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:49

littlesat , by the way it's was a good idea to propose epg.dat location because in openpli image yo have to go to the telnet command, witch  lot of users don't know how to use it :)

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #37 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:51

In the current develop I saw an option to edit it under the EPG settings. I think it still needs tweaking as you can now also change the name, not sure if that is a good idea.

But this suggests it will be available in the next release.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #38 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,258 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2018 - 13:24

Our colleague images can change the name that was why I also choose to keep that. They can select a media for the media that is available when e2 starts... I made it (for now) a single string. When can also decide to make it more user frendly by changing it from string to a selection, but this also removes flexibility,,,, 

Re: help add parentheses in the epg #39 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,435 posts

+62
Good

Posted 14 September 2018 - 15:32

Will we have an EPG menu where all EPG settings and plugins can be found?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users