• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Re: EPGImport latest changes: explanation #41 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,008 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 7 March 2021 - 15:39

The rytec.sources.xml file and the costum.sources.xml are to my knowledge presented in reverse alphabetic order.

So try rename your custom,.sources.xml  to something like:

Xcustom.sources.xml

or even

Custom.sources.xml

You have to try a bit, to find the correct way.

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: EPGImport latest changes: explanation #42 jeepcook

• 269 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 10 March 2021 - 20:59

Hello,

I don't know if a change has been recently made into epgimport code but I discovered something and I don't know if it's a bug.

Previously when a channel was added to custom.channels.xml this channel and the associated epg was the one integrated to epg.dat. Now this epg can be overwritten by another from another rytec source.

For example I added this line to my custom.channels.xml:

<channel id="BabyTV.fr">1:0:1:421D:2F44:13E:820000:0:0:0:</channel><!-- BABY TV FR -->

This serviceref is available in rytec.channels.xml with ids BabyTV.nl and BabyTV.pl, the french one is not listed but available in rytecFR_Mixte epg file.

So the prefered id I put in my cutom.channels.xml is overwritten by the last grab rytec source  (here rytecPL_Misc).

Do I make an error if I say that previously the content in custom.channels.fr was never overwritten by another id?

Hope I am clear.

Thanks for your help.

Re: EPGImport latest changes: explanation #43 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 10 March 2021 - 22:03

There is only one EPG per channel, so if you import multiple ones, the last one wins. This has always been the case, so maybe the order of processing on the box has changed?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: EPGImport latest changes: explanation #44 jeepcook

• 269 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 10 March 2021 - 22:44

Ok so how to do for service that have multiple epg, one per language. For my example Baby TV is diffused with the same serviceref in Deutsch, English, French, Dutch, Turkish, Polski, Spanish ! We can found multiple epg, at least dutch, pl and fr for this channel and I wand the one with id babytv.fr

thanks

Re: EPGImport latest changes: explanation #45 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 11 March 2021 - 00:18

Afaik the EPG system supports multiple languages, you can select a primary and secondary language in setup - system - A/V - auto language selection.

I don't know if the Rytec files specify a language, and/or if the epgimport plugin can import them.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: EPGImport latest changes: explanation #46 jeepcook

• 269 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 11 March 2021 - 06:21

Afaik the EPG system supports multiple languages, you can select a primary and secondary language in setup - system - A/V - auto language selection.

I don't know if the Rytec files specify a language, and/or if the epgimport plugin can import them.

Hello,

Thanks for your help, I've never seen this EPG language option !!

In my case et test with babytv, this doesn't work. I will take a closer look

Re: EPGImport latest changes: explanation #47 jeepcook

• 269 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 11 March 2021 - 06:40

@doglover, could you please add <channel id="BabyTV.fr">1:0:1:421D:2F44:13E:820000:0:0:0:</channel><!-- BABY TV FR --> to rytec.channels.xml

Thanks

Re: EPGImport latest changes: explanation #48 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,008 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 11 March 2021 - 07:58

The XMLTV files contains the language information.

Although I have never seen that EPGimport uses this information.  (Maybe something for a programmer to dive into....)

<programme start="20210311055900 +0100" stop="20210311061900 +0100" channel="Baby TV">
    <title lang="fr">Draco</title>
    <sub-title lang="fr">[Magazine éducatif] Jouet wagon</sub-title>
    <desc lang="fr">L'adorable Draco joue avec ses jouets et apprend la différence entre grand et petit, haut et bas, endroit et envers, en étudiant chaque concept par rapport à sa propre personne. Est-ce plus grand ou plus petit que Draco ? Est-ce supérieur ou inférieur à Draco? Découvrez-le en nous rejoignant.</desc>
  </programme>
  <programme start="20210311061900 +0100" stop="20210311063000 +0100" channel="Baby TV">
    <title lang="fr">Mona &amp; Sketch</title>
    <sub-title lang="fr">[Série d'animation] Clown</sub-title>
    <desc lang="fr">Rencontrez Mona - une jeune fille curieuse et aventureuse qui a un ami très spécial nommé Sketch. Sketch ne peut pas parler, mais il sait très bien dessiner - un astronaute, un plongeur en eau profonde et un magnifique magicien - tout ce que Mona souhaite être, Sketch peut le transformer en réalité.</desc>
  </programme>

As to which info wins, when EPG is miltiple times imported for the same channel:

It has been always the case that the last imported wins.  Even when using the custom.channels.xml channels list.  This does not alter the order of import.

When you have a problem with this, you can edit the rytec,sources file and move the sourcecat which you want imported last (so it wins).

Added the the french EPG for Baby TV to the mentioned service ref.

Although, I also had to fix the grab for the actual schedule. (it was empty in the XMLTV file)

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: EPGImport latest changes: explanation #49 jeepcook

• 269 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 11 March 2021 - 08:13

Ok thanks for all these informations and the fix for babytv. I know I can modify rytec.sources.xml sourcecat, but rytec.sources.xml and rytec.channels.xml are referential files so normaly we never have to modify them. That's why I always declare errors, missing ref... here in the forum. I think I will do a script to sort sourcecat order each time the source file has a new version.

Re: EPGImport latest changes: explanation #50 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,008 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 11 March 2021 - 08:33

One more bit of info:

BabyTV is in the misc files of the different countries.

So if you only download the Basic channels from these countries, you should be OK.

Mostly problems of this sort arise when you start importing all Misc files. 

My advise:  Be a bit selective when importing these misc files.  Do you really need/want all these channels?

Edited by doglover, 11 March 2021 - 08:34.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: EPGImport latest changes: explanation #51 jeepcook

• 269 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 11 March 2021 - 10:23

One more bit of info:

BabyTV is in the misc files of the different countries.

So if you only download the Basic channels from these countries, you should be OK.

Mostly problems of this sort arise when you start importing all Misc files. 

My advise:  Be a bit selective when importing these misc files.  Do you really need/want all these channels?

BabyTV.fr is in rytecFR_Mixte so I have to mod rytec.sources.xml to have FR_Mixte processed after pl or nl.

Concerning to be selective when importing misc files, yes I'd like to be selective, but how ? In the sources selection we have one source Misc in the general section.

Re: EPGImport latest changes: explanation #52 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,994 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2021 - 20:24

Add option load EPG(checking service reference(default)/only IPTV cha…

Your opinion is it necessary?

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: EPGImport latest changes: explanation #53 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2021 - 21:28

Just merged it, let me know if it needs reverting.

Re: EPGImport latest changes: explanation #54 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2021 - 12:11

I really don't understand what this PR does exactly.
I think a clean explanation with a concrete user case is needed.
I don't see any benefits to it now.

You can already load easily EPG for IPTV.
So I think a clear explanation for this PR is needed.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: EPGImport latest changes: explanation #55 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,008 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2021 - 12:42

Agreed.  I am also puzzeled by this addition.

An example would make things more obvious.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: EPGImport latest changes: explanation #56 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,994 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2021 - 13:14

1)"all channels" resolve this problem(wrong name space)

https://forums.openp...dpost&p=1383400

2)"only IPTV channels" stop load EPG data for non IPTV channels

3)"checking service reference(default)" as it was before

Re: EPGImport latest changes: explanation #57 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2021 - 15:06

1) You solve it wrong. There is already an option in OpenPLi for this and it is mentionned in the ticket. So with an option to ignore the sub-service will do the trick.

But if you really want to solve it what must be done is add a check that will only igmore the last 4 chars of the name space and compare the rest of it instead of using the full name space.

So in fact checking the orbital position only and this will work for DVB-C and DVB-T too (FFFF and EEEE).

2) Why this option I really don't understand why you would like to load only IPTV it is a total non senses. If you want to go that way then do also create an entry to load only DVB to be logical with the option choices.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: EPGImport latest changes: explanation #58 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,994 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2021 - 16:36

1)

1) You solve it wrong. There is already an option in OpenPLi for this and it is mentionned in the ticket. So with an option to ignore the sub-service will do the trick.

But if you really want to solve it what must be done is add a check that will only igmore the last 4 chars of the name space and compare the rest of it instead of using the full name space.

So in fact checking the orbital position only and this will work for DVB-C and DVB-T too (FFFF and EEEE).

This is not at all the same("Ignore DVB-S namespace sub network").

Russian-speaking users who accept

Intelsat-15 / Horizons 2, 85.2°

suffering wrong namespace many years and because of this,  have to use another CROSSEPG plugin, which does not check namespace.

If you look closely at the code, you will see that the check goes through a dummy recordService

https://github.com/O.../plugin.py#L225

Which means checking /etc/enigma2/lamedb in the end.

And this new option is disabled by default.

2) Why this option I really don't understand why you would like to load only IPTV it is a total non senses. If you want to go that way then do also create an entry to load only DVB to be logical with the option choices

If you don’t need it, it doesn’t mean that others don’t need it.

I am satisfied with the data of the DVB EPG of my provider, but for IPTV I need an EPG from the Internet.

Here is a variant of the oe-alliance for an example:

introduce new setting for importing IPTV channels only

Re: EPGImport latest changes: explanation #59 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2021 - 18:34

Yes but be consistent and then create import DVB only if can import IPTV only sounds logical to be able to perform the same action only for DVB.

Re: EPGImport latest changes: explanation #60 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,008 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 15 September 2021 - 08:09

You will run into problems with treating the namespace this way.

I have seen IPTV providers which use service ref like this:

<channel id="Canvas.be">4097:0:1:D2EE:4D83:EC:0:0:0:0:http%3a//</channel>
<channel id="een.be">4097:0:1:21CD:6D49:EC:0:0:0:0:http%3a//</channel>

Edited by doglover, 15 September 2021 - 08:09.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users