Skin backup

skin backup vu+

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Re: Skin backup #21 serch826

• 73 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:18

sure I did, I used to use own modified skin (until finally lost desire to continuously  maintain it to get it in sync with image development anymore ;))
worked for me without problems, after reflash the box always started with my own skin on...

and what exactly is your problem with autobackup - your files are not included in backup? or your skin is not restored / doesn't work after reflash?

Okay, thanks, what i did was to open the advanced backup, select files to backup and selected those files in enigma2, share, etc but they overwrites after new image flashing.

Maybe you did this in other ways.

Thanks!

to make sure, mentioned 'advanced backup' == autobackup plugin, yes?

I was doing it it exactly as I described in my post: selected folder of my skin + skin's converters and renderers for autobackup, created backup  (autmomaticaly in my case), then after reflash when I selected to restore settings from backup, my skin was also restored, as default and box started with it on...

some screenshots attached, may help possibly (?)

I did so, but nothing, always the same, maybe your skin is in the feeds mine not

Vu+ DUO 2 PLI  Nightly Build with Wave Frontier T55, 4 twin LNB 19.2E, 13.0E, 4.8E and 0.8W

Re: Skin backup #22 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:22

Or post the ipk from your skin here so we can consider to add it to the (third party) feeds

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Skin backup #23 serch826

• 73 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:25

which exactly files will be overwritten and when?
autobackup restores files/folders after flashing, so actually backed up files overwrite original image files and not other way around (?)
(unless you have your backup stored in flash, which makes little sense... ;))

---
and maybe you can post your skin ipk here, so that we can possibly better know what we are talking about?

This are my skin and weather ipks that i like to have all time because this skin works nice with weather widget in info bar, i´ve tested many, many others skins and believe me, didn´t find any good on the Open pli.

Thank you for your time.

Attached Files

Vu+ DUO 2 PLI  Nightly Build with Wave Frontier T55, 4 twin LNB 19.2E, 13.0E, 4.8E and 0.8W

Re: Skin backup #24 serch826

• 73 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:26

Or post the ipk from your skin here so we can consider to add it to the (third party) feeds

Hi, thanks i posted it.

Re: Skin backup #25 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:32

Do you also know if there are sources of the skin somewhere on GitHub or so... please note the ipk is not correctly formatted for a 3rd party feed. And indeed it has renderers (Some of then are even not really needed when the skin.xml stuff is adjusted)

Edited by littlesat, 29 September 2018 - 08:34.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Skin backup #26 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,609 posts

+211
Excellent

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:45

Pls, do not write, that files cannot be replaced when is used autorestore via AutoBackup !!!

How it works:  flash, restore settings, install plugins and utilities etc ...  and in step, when are installed plugins and utilities can plugins or utilities replace files

Due It I am using manual restore from AutoBackup after flash extra. 

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Skin backup #27 serch826

• 73 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:51

Do you also know if there are sources of the skin somewhere on GitHub or so... please note the ipk is not correctly formatted for a 3rd party feed. And indeed it has renderers (Some of then are even not really needed when the skin.xml stuff is adjusted)

Hi, can´t find some GitHub.

Thanks!

Re: Skin backup #28 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 29 September 2018 - 09:20

I did so, but nothing, always the same, maybe your skin is in the feeds mine not

no, it is not (and it is irrelevant in this case...)
please find attached archives with unpacked content of your skin and plugin, taking a look into them should possibly get you a clue which folders and files should be added to backup (?)

Attached Files

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: Skin backup #29 serch826

• 73 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 September 2018 - 10:32

please find attached archives with unpacked content of your skin and plugin, taking a look into them should possibly get you a clue which folders and files should be added to backup (?)

Hi, testing now, i´ll back soon

Thanks

Re: Skin backup #30 serch826

• 73 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 September 2018 - 11:00

Hi, testing now, i´ll back soon

Thanks

Wow, incredible, now works almost completely, the skin remains after the flashing, you were right only needed to know what files of the skin were needed.
Only the weather widget does not appear in the skin info bar after the start, I checked your files well and I see that the file "MSNWeather.py" corresponding to the Weather plugin does not appear in the folder (Sources) of my box in which should be, I put it manually and restart enigma2 and then it works with the weather widget in the infobar.
But if I flash the image again, then the file "MSNWeather.py" disappears again from its place in the "Source" catalog.
This is very strange that.
Thank you very much for taking your time to help me

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skin, backup vu+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users