#1 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 23 October 2018 - 08:33

Hello,

This thread is continues from this post:

https://forums.openp...ndpost&p=952358

Often, universal remotes do not have some specific keys commonly used on STB remotes such as AUDIO, TXT, SUBTITLE, PIP, HELP, TV, RADIO, FILELIST and others, maybe less important, such as TIMESHIFT, MARK, SEARCH, <, > (those next to "0").

I know it is possible to teach specific codes to the remote but the number of keys on a universal remote is limited and so not all keys can be mapped.

Actually, some of them do not have to be copied because the same functions can be performed using other keys or MENU entries, such as:

AUDIO - using YELLOW

SUBTITLE - using YELLOW

PIP - using BLUE

TIMESHIFT - using STOP

1. Is if it is possible to enter TELETEXT without using a specific TXT key, for example through MENU?

2. Is it possible to switch between RADIO and TV services from the MENU, without using separate TV and RADIO keys?

In my case it would be a waste of 3 rarely used keys having to assign those functions to them. Therefore I am looking for other ways to perform these functions.

By the way, to me 2 separate keys for RADIO and TV does seem to be a waste because 1 key working like a switch would be preferred. No?

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Using a universal remote #2 ccs

• 229 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:29

You  could always create another activity for rarely used keys.

test

Re: Using a universal remote #3 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 23 October 2018 - 10:58

But that would be done in Hotkey, yes?

Re: Using a universal remote #4 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:45

I have just realized it is not possible to use Hotkey for assigning key functions to free keys.

Let's take an example.

I would like to use LIVE key on Harmony 350 to perform some rarely used functions of keys available to STB remote such as TV / RADIO / HELP / TELETEXT.

Is it possible to perform these using just one key on the remote, just like Hotkey does for various functions?

Re: Using a universal remote #5 ccs

• 229 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:25

Manual for the Harmony 350...

https://www.logitech.com/assets/51207/4/harmony-350-qsg-and-iid.pdf

Not sure what you mean by hotkeys .

test

Re: Using a universal remote #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,551 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:44

Hotkey maps Enigma2 functions to keys, it is not a key remapper.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Using a universal remote #7 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 24 October 2018 - 12:01

Manual for the Harmony 350...

https://www.logitech.com/assets/51207/4/harmony-350-qsg-and-iid.pdf

Not sure what you mean by hotkeys .

Hotkey is a very useful system plugin (at least I believe it is a plugin) in OpenPLi which lets you use your remote's keys for various actions.

Re: Using a universal remote #8 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 24 October 2018 - 12:06

ccs, yes, I read the manual for 350 but it seems it just does not have enough keys to effectively replace my ET9000 remote, which has many more.

Re: Using a universal remote #9 ccs

• 229 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 24 October 2018 - 12:20

I don't know if the 350 supports "long press" keys, but on my harmony I have, for example, defined long press exit to be power toggle.

test

Re: Using a universal remote #10 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 24 October 2018 - 17:57

Hi,

With the Logitech Harmony there is a software to connect it to the PC and you can remap the keys there.

You remote has more keys or other keys than the original one, then you need to use the Harmony software to match the key.

If some keys are not mapped, I even think that you can have the Logitech Harmony to learn the missing discrete code or enter it manually if you know its value. 

If you try to use an unknown key from your Harmony in Hotkey it is normal that nothing Hotkey is not responding.

So first, assign an Xtrend key to the Harmony button, then you will be able to use Hotkey.

Pr2 

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Using a universal remote #11 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 24 October 2018 - 18:55

If you try to use an unknown key from your Harmony in Hotkey it is normal that nothing Hotkey is not responding.

So first, assign an Xtrend key to the Harmony button, then you will be able to use Hotkey.

Yes, this I perfectly understand.

The Harmony keys which are not responding include:

DVR

LIVE

BACK

CLEAR

ENTER

I understand I can copy the behaviour of 5 original remote keys to these 5 Harmony keys using Harmony software. No problem, I will do that.

However, there are a lot of ET9000 keys which are missing on Harmony:

<

>

FILELIST

TIMESHIFT

MARK

SEARCH

TELETEXT

HELP

RADIO

TV

TIMER

AUDIO

PIP

SUBTITLE

VKEY

PLAYLIST

As you can see, it is not possible to map ALL the original keys because there are simply not enough of them on Harmony 350.

Some of these keys are not a problem because their functions can be accessed in other ways:

TIMESHIFT - using STOP

AUDIO - using YELLOW

PIP - using BLUE

SUBTITLE - using YELLOW

TIMER - using MENU

But still there are some keys which need to be mapped because remote keys are the only way to access those:

RADIO

TV

<

>

FILELIST

HELP

TELETEXT

So at least 7 keys missing while only 5 "empty" are available.

An idea I had was if it is possible to assign several functions to one Harmony key just like it is possible to assign several Enigma functions to one key in Hotkey.

Another idea, which would make the 5 keys on the Harmoiny enough, would be to enable entering TELETEXT, RADIO and TV using an Enigma menu, just like it is done for TIMER (I can enter timers using one specific key on ET9000 remote or I can use Enigma menu).

Re: Using a universal remote #12 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 24 October 2018 - 19:30

You can cheat your Harmony by defining twice the ET900 on 2 different device button.

So the feature that you use less often, or that you use only when playing back a movie for exemple can be switched to this other device.

This can free up some buttons.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Using a universal remote #13 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 24 October 2018 - 20:31

That's a thought! Thanks.

Re: Using a universal remote #14 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:52

Hi,

I do not really miss a possibility with my Harmonies and for your

< and > I would use

the arrows up and down (I do not mean the direction keys around OK) on the harmony they should also be empty or double used in your configuration.

ciao

Re: Using a universal remote #15 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 25 October 2018 - 09:04

for your < and > I would use the arrows up and down (I do not mean the direction keys around OK) on the harmony

OK, do you mean those between MENU, EXIT, INFO, GUIDE?

Maybe that is not a bad idea. I'll see if it is possible in the evening. Do they have a role now?

for RADIO - LIVE key on Harmony

for TV - BACK key on Harmony

for < - DOWN key on Harmony near MENU

for > - UP key on Harmony near MENU

for FILELIST - DVR key on Harmony

for HELP - ??? (not to be used)

for TELETEXT - ENTER key on Harmony

for MARK (where I have user scripts) - CLEAR key on Harmony

Edited by Robinson, 25 October 2018 - 09:09.

Re: Using a universal remote #16 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 25 October 2018 - 09:45

Hi,

they might be already assigned correct with bouquet up/down which normally is on <>

ciao

Re: Using a universal remote #17 ccs

• 229 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 25 October 2018 - 10:35

You can cheat your Harmony by defining twice the ET900 on 2 different device button.

So the feature that you use less often, or that you use only when playing back a movie for exemple can be switched to this other device.

This can free up some buttons.

I mentioned this a couple of days ago, unfortunately I referred to adding an extra activity which my harmony can do, but, as you say, the 350 would need the same device adding twice.

test

Re: Using a universal remote #18 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 26 October 2018 - 18:53

I finally managed to accommodate all the keys I need.

It turned out there were 9 keys on the Harmony 350 which did not perform any function by default so I added some of the missing ones:

RADIO

TV

<

>

FILELIST

HELP

TELETEXT

MARK

SEARCH

Re: Using a universal remote #19 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 13 November 2018 - 14:46

Robinson, if you buy a Logitech 650 or 665, you have a top screen where you can add a lot of buttons, functions or scripts.

For example, there is no "Text" button on the physic remote keyboard. Then I add "Text" to the screen (even if I assign "Text" to Cutlisteditor in Pli because I don't use the initial "Text" button).

To go to /media in the movie player, I've wrote a script where there are (I don't remember exactly) :

Go to home            # I've defined home in Pli to /movie

Left key

OK

Left key

OK

Left key

OK

Down key

Down key

Down key

Down key

Down key

Down key

OK

Long press works well with the Logitech 650.

Enjoy ;) .

Vu+ Ultimo 4K - OpenPli 8.3

Xtrend ET9200 - OpenPli 6.2

Re: Using a universal remote #20 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2018 - 18:14

There is no LCD on the Harmony 350.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users