Photo

Dinobot 4k +

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 jackk111111

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 October 2018 - 10:01

Will there be the possibility of having openpli on this box? Currently the other images support it. Thank you

Re: Dinobot 4k + #2 Ziegenmelker

• 128 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 23 October 2018 - 10:25

Yes,

that would be great. I have the Axas HIS 4K Combo +. Would be also fine for the Anadol Eco 4K...

Greetz Ziegenmelker

Re: Dinobot 4k + #3 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 23 October 2018 - 10:40

You could try my old builds: http://www.mediafire...q4d9/pli-extras

Also you could compile a new image: https://github.com/P...etas/pli-extras

But you need to ask the manufacturer to contact PLi if you want real and proper support ;)

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

Re: Dinobot 4k + #4 jackk111111

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 October 2018 - 11:16

How i can to contact pli for official support?

Re: Dinobot 4k + #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 23 October 2018 - 12:28

Unless you are Dinobot, you can't. We only make images on the request of the manufacturer.

And we had that request, but Dinobot never managed to create a working BSP or provide any developer support, so it didn't lead to anything.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Dinobot 4k + #6 jackk111111

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 October 2018 - 12:35

but on other images there is support. Almost all

Re: Dinobot 4k + #7 mimisiku

• 5,461 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 23 October 2018 - 12:45

And probably the only reason why is because of the softcam support that almost every imagebuilder has stopped. No longer searching for that one good softcam and config for your box...
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: Dinobot 4k + #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 23 October 2018 - 12:58

but on other images there is support. Almost all

There aren't that many "other" images. Most either use OE-Alliance or OpenPLi as their source.

OE-Alliance doesn't have manufacturer support, they get the drivers mailed, and maintain their own BSP's. We don't work that way, we need active support from the manufacturers developers, both in maintaining the BSP and in fixing issues. Without that, we can't support our images to our users. Even with support it is difficult enough sometimes. The fact that something builds doesn't mean it is usable, and doesn't mean it is stable.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Dinobot 4k + #9 jackk111111

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 October 2018 - 14:36

Openatv,pure2,opespa,openNFR,opendroid,all supported. what's missing?

Re: Dinobot 4k + #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 23 October 2018 - 14:40

Openatv,pure2,opespa,openNFR,opendroid,all supported. what's missing?

You seem to fail to understand the definition of "support".

Support is not "compile an image, and if the logo comes up, ship it", support is "I have a problem and I want it fixed". And we can't provide our users with that kind of support if we don't have a direct link with the driver developers. We also refuse to hack our way with all sorts of workaround for driver issues, which other images do because they can't get driver issues fixed.

If you don't need support, fine, use one of the OE-A derived images. It is as simple as that. 

Re: Dinobot 4k + #11 jackk111111

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 October 2018 - 14:51

I understood. But the box is already sold with openatv. so I think that image is supported by the producer. it's correct?

Re: Dinobot 4k + #12 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 23 October 2018 - 15:02

I understood. But the box is already sold with openatv. so I think that image is supported by the producer. it's correct?

You misunderstand me.

To be able to create an Enigma based image, the manufacturer needs to create Linux DVB compliant drivers. They have done that, emailed them to OE-A, with the subtext "have fun". Then OE-A starts reverse engineering, creates a BSP layer with those drivers for the box, sees if it compiles, and if it does, tada, image.

You see that image, you flash it, and then it doesn't work, or has a problem? And then what?

Then you are reliant on someone to do more reverse engineering, trying to figure out what the problem is, and if found hack a workaround into Enigma in case it is a driver issue. As the root cause, fix the drivers, can often not be addressed.

We refuse to do that, we have better things to do that to work around driver problems. If it is a driver issue, the manufacturer needs to fix that in the drivers. To be able to get that done, you need a direct channel to the developers of those drivers so you can have a technical conversion with them about this issue, so it can be fixed.

Dinobot didn't want to do that appearently. Instead, they tossed some drivers over the fence, with a "good luck with them", probably to maximize their profit (support is expensive).

We don't believe people should buy hardware from a manufacturer with that attitude, an OpenPLi image means positive purchasing advice to a lot of people,  we don't want to play a part in increasing their profit while we have to shovel all the support shit. This is the same reason as for example us stopping building Dream Multimedia and Wetek images...

Re: Dinobot 4k + #13 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 23 October 2018 - 16:17

And we don’t know whether the manufacturer supports OpenATV. It seems at least he has done it in the past, but you need to ask OpenATV to be sure.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Dinobot 4k + #14 jackk111111

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 October 2018 - 16:51

openatv is doing a great job. every week it's churning out drivers for this box. The problem of slowing down when changing channels is resolved on the fly. But I was hoping for an openpli .....

Re: Dinobot 4k + #15 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 23 October 2018 - 16:55

In that case if you're so happy with the OE-A support, I'd say, keep using that, I see no point in using an OpenPLi image then?

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Dinobot 4k + #16 jackk111111

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 October 2018 - 16:55

Openpli I like it more. It is lighter and fluid

Edited by jackk111111, 23 October 2018 - 16:58.

Re: Dinobot 4k + #17 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 23 October 2018 - 17:53

There is a reason for the stability as well...

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Dinobot 4k + #18 jackk111111

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 November 2018 - 10:07

You could try my old builds: http://www.mediafire...q4d9/pli-extras

Also you could compile a new image: https://github.com/P...etas/pli-extras

But you need to ask the manufacturer to contact PLi if you want real and proper support ;)

what isthe coder of the pli asking to support the image?t startup it remains black screen.

Re: Dinobot 4k + #19 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 3 November 2018 - 13:43

We require direct manufacturer support and access to the driver development team in onder to support a box.

We had an initial request from Dinobot which was never followed up, so I guess they are not interested.

Re: Dinobot 4k + #20 bledi07

• 29 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 November 2018 - 18:34

Hello guys.
I have a Dinobot U5 Mini.
Can someone build a Unofficial Openpli image for this box for me please as I like Openpli image
I tried Persian Prince image but receiver won't boot.

Edited by bledi07, 12 November 2018 - 18:38.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users