• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Re: wolfSSL #21 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 6 November 2018 - 16:44

@WanWizard

As I wrote I care also about all not supported by others images.

Re: wolfSSL #22 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 6 November 2018 - 16:59

If a plugin has dependencies or requirements we can look at it, but we're not planning to provide all sorts of compatbility support just to please users of other images.

If you require TLS 1.3, we can see if you can safely update OpenSSL to provide that. We don't care what other images do or don't do, that is something those images have to fix. In particular, we will not introduce things like this just because DMM still uses old-crap kernels on their boxes...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: wolfSSL #23 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 6 November 2018 - 17:09

I am not sure why you attack me?

I did not request anything nor force you to do anything.

I only try to clarify misunderstanding why WolfSSL was used. 

I wrote that I do not see any reason to add WolfSSL to the repository.

The old images are not only DMM images. OpenPLI 4 will also probably do not upgrade OpenSSL version (many people still use this versions), but this is not problem since there is possibility to work around this problem.

E2iPlayer works also on images with old python 2.6 and you can still have full functionality. Do you see something bad with this?

Not everyone can afford to buy new equipment.

I am able to understand people's which use old images and which still use old hardware.

Edited by samsamsam, 6 November 2018 - 17:13.

Re: wolfSSL #24 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 6 November 2018 - 17:22

I am not attacking you, not at all. Perhaps I don't follow you. I am autistic, so it is very well possible that I am totally besides the point. ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users