Photo

OpenPli 7 news and information

• Please log in to reply
502 replies to this topic

Re: OpenPli 7 news and information #481 wysless

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 March 2019 - 22:32

I made a clean install again, and after that i have that option again. This was a very very weird thing. How is this possible? I made not 1 and not 2 system install, i am almost expert in it, and i did not see anything like this...

Re: OpenPli 7 news and information #482 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2019 - 01:23

You only see the option if a harddisk is present, so maybe the problem was that it wasn't detected.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: OpenPli 7 news and information #483 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 8 March 2019 - 08:55

@Wanwizzard:

I have a question from a user of openatv, who has an ultimo4k with 2 HW encoder to transcode streams. That doesn´t work with openatv with two streams.

I know the source code of streamproxy in openpli  and there I see with streamproxy and openpli it must work with two parallel HW transcoded streams, f the box has it. The code will open the two HW encoder

I see you have an Duo4k

Works that with your Duo4K?

Is here anyone who has an ultimo4k and know that it works with openpli? Littlesat or Erik?

Edited by anudanan, 8 March 2019 - 08:59.

Receiver:2 x Uno4k SE (PLI 7.3 rel), 1 x ET9200 (PLI 4.0), NAS: 2 x QNAP 410, TV: LG 65C8llla, LG 47LB570V, LG 42LM615S, Sound: Yamaha RX-v663, Teufel System 5 THX

Re: OpenPli 7 news and information #484 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2019 - 13:56

I can't test that, it I open a second trancoded stream on my laptop, the streamproxy sees that as a zap, and replaces the first.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: OpenPli 7 news and information #485 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 8 March 2019 - 15:22

You have no Smartphone or tablet as a Second Client?

Receiver:2 x Uno4k SE (PLI 7.3 rel), 1 x ET9200 (PLI 4.0), NAS: 2 x QNAP 410, TV: LG 65C8llla, LG 47LB570V, LG 42LM615S, Sound: Yamaha RX-v663, Teufel System 5 THX

Re: OpenPli 7 news and information #486 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2019 - 15:23

A not-so-smartphone (I'm a blackberry addict ;)) and no, no tablet.

Re: OpenPli 7 news and information #487 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 8 March 2019 - 15:27

You have no Smartphone or tablet as a Second Client?

Or stream one live channel and one recorded movie

Re: OpenPli 7 news and information #488 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 8 March 2019 - 15:31

:-)

Re: OpenPli 7 news and information #489 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2019 - 15:37

Found a solution: booted my buildserver with a Fedora Live DVD.

Yes, I can open two transcoded streams, different channels, on different devices.

Re: OpenPli 7 news and information #490 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2019 - 15:39

I can't test that, it I open a second trancoded stream on my laptop, the streamproxy sees that as a zap, and replaces the first.

That should not be the case.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: OpenPli 7 news and information #491 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2019 - 15:48

Found a solution: booted my buildserver with a Fedora Live DVD.

Yes, I can open two transcoded streams, different channels, on different devices.

As expected.

I am considering dropping multi-channel-transcode from streamproxy though. The problem is in the http protocol, or rather, the implemention of it in many devices. When they zap, they will not close the current connection but set up a new connection and keep the old one around for future use. It's not completely clear to my why that's beneficial, but it's common use. The problem is that streamproxy cannot reliably detect that a new connection is actually the old connection but using a new service or other metadata. At this point both of the transcoders will be busy sending data to the device. The device will stop accepting data on the first connection so the local queue will fill up. After some time, the local queue will be full and overrun. After that, at some point, streamproxy will conclude the connection is no longer working and drop it. That sounds sane, but in practice this often means the transcoder will be foobar already. Imagine what happens if you do a quick zap (or seek) in short succession.

If I would to drop the multi-channel- transcode, it would be very simple. Each new request would replace the current request and the related connection. No problems there. For seeking in files the transcoder could be kept running, so the seeking would be instant instead of having to wait for another 12 seconds to setup the chain.

One could workaround this for receivers that reliably (!) offer two transcoding session, by running an extra instance of streamproxy, on another port.

Now I only have to make up my mind what to do with the streaming functionality. There should be no limitation on number of streaming sessions (live or file). I could drop the streaming functionality altogether, because all apps will use the native (8001) port from enigma for that. That would make some things quite a bit less complex. It does mean though, that you can't have all flavours (streaming, transcoding, live, file) served from one tcp port, anymore.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 8 March 2019 - 15:51.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: OpenPli 7 news and information #492 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2019 - 17:42

That should not be the case.

Maybe not, but when I clicked on a transcode link of a different channel in OWIF, the already running VLC window switched to that different channel. 

I don't have a problem with that, assuming that a request from the same source IP is a zap and not a second request, I can live with that. I don't think I can live with disabling a second transcoded stream all together, for hardware that supports it.

Re: OpenPli 7 news and information #493 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2019 - 18:56

I think that's a side effect of how OWIF operates, including the m3u file thing. I always test with the OWIF passed by, directly from a player and then it simply works.

As said, you could always run a second streamproxy instance listening on an alternate tcp port. The only thing that changes is the automatic transcoder assignment. Which wasn't working that great anyway, because transcoders tend to return "in use" way after close them, so streamproxy must retry quite a few times before giving up and switching to the "other" transcoder. It simply doesn't work in practice.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 8 March 2019 - 18:56.

Re: OpenPli 7 news and information #494 mworker

• 51 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 March 2019 - 21:14

Hello,

i made an online update to latest version 18/03/19 but bootlogo is from 6.2 image.

My box is Mutant HD51.

Re: OpenPli 7 news and information #495 mworker

• 51 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 March 2019 - 21:30

Upgrade log

update-rc.d: /etc/init.d/bootlogo exists during rc.d purge (continuing)
 Removing any system startup links for bootlogo ...
  /etc/rcS.d/S21bootlogo
update-rc.d: /etc/init.d/bootlogo exists during rc.d purge (continuing)
 Removing any system startup links for bootlogo ...
oscam-emu was selected, now selecting None as softcam
 Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/bootlogo.
Switching default softcam to oscam-emu
Softcam is selected as default, (re)starting oscam-emu
cat: can't open '/tmp/oscam-emu.pid': No such file or directory
Upgrading openpli-bootlogo from 20190311-r0.218 to 20190318 on root
Downloading http://downloads.ope...-neon-vfpv4.ipk.
Upgrading enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif from 1+git3258+c0ffa15-r0.1 to 1+git3295+4313636 on root
Downloading http://downloads.ope...6-r0.0_hd51.ipk.
Upgrading enigma2-plugin-extensions-backupsuite from 26+git435+46e3dd8-r0.1 to 26+git438+f3b9f24 on root
Upgrading tuxbox-common from 2+git135+c0e4138-3.0 to 2+git136+9303e41 on root
Downloading http://downloads.ope...e41-3.0_all.ipk.
Upgrading enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam-emu from git1689+bdb15f6-r0.0 to git1690+85207a6 on root
Existing conffile /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-emu/oscam.conf is different from the conffile in the new package.
 The new conffile will be placed at /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-emu/oscam.conf-opkg.
Existing conffile /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-emu/oscam.server is different from the conffile in the new package.
 The new conffile will be placed at /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-emu/oscam.server-opkg.
Existing conffile /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-emu/oscam.srvid is different from the conffile in the new package.
 The new conffile will be placed at /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-emu/oscam.srvid-opkg.
Existing conffile /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-emu/oscam.user is different from the conffile in the new package.
 The new conffile will be placed at /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-emu/oscam.user-opkg.
Existing conffile /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-emu/oscam.provid is different from the conffile in the new package.
 The new conffile will be placed at /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-emu/oscam.provid-opkg.
Configuring openpli-bootlogo.
Configuring enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif.
Configuring enigma2-plugin-extensions-backupsuite.
Configuring tuxbox-common.
Configuring enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam-emu.

Re: OpenPli 7 news and information #496 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,388 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 24 March 2019 - 22:16

Hello,
i made an online update to latest version 18/03/19 but bootlogo is from 6.2 image.
My box is Mutant HD51.

Did you perform an online update or did you flash online? I guess you did the update.
I would recommend you to performed an online flash to the release 7.0.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: OpenPli 7 news and information #497 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 24 March 2019 - 22:54

The update log shows the feeds of 7.0-release. I find it hightly unlikely that would install a 6.2 bootlogo, as it is regenerated on each build?

Re: OpenPli 7 news and information #498 mworker

• 51 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 March 2019 - 23:15

I did an online update from a previous 7.0 version.Bootlogo before update was ok.

Now i have 6.2 vesion bootlogo.

Attached Files

Re: OpenPli 7 news and information #499 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,388 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 25 March 2019 - 00:15

I already gave the solution.
What is mentioned in the about screen? Just to get the info what might have gone wrong.

I would recommend you to performed an online flash to the release 7.0.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: OpenPli 7 news and information #500 mworker

• 51 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 25 March 2019 - 07:11

I already gave the solution.
What is mentioned in the about screen? Just to get the info what might have gone wrong.

7.0 version is in slot 2,in slot 1 i have 6.2 version.

Thanks.

Attached Files

Edited by mworker, 25 March 2019 - 07:16.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users