Photo

Change channel from console

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 adison

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:50

It is possible to change the channel from console (telnet).
For some reason I cannot access webif from outside the lan.
I get only SYNRCV on webif port and no connection but
zapstream end telnet works fine!

Re: Change channel from console #2 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 19 June 2008 - 20:24

If you're DB is behind a router, you might try port forwarding/triggering to assign another port to connect to & forward that to the DB's port 80. Your ISP might not want users running web servers and may have blocked the default port (80).

Just a thought,
--
hemi

Re: Change channel from console #3 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 19 June 2008 - 22:02

There is no easy way to do it. But it can be done with a shellscripts which calls out to the webinterface through wget.

But fixing the port 80 issue or tunneling port 80 with ssh is an easier (and safer) solution I guess.

Re: Change channel from console #4 jonc

• 2,667 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 June 2008 - 00:22

If you're DB is behind a router, you might try port forwarding/triggering to assign another port to connect to & forward that to the DB's port 80. Your ISP might not want users running web servers and may have blocked the default port (80).

Just a thought,
--
hemi

Or, on your remote control press Menu -> Setup -> System Settings and change the webif port from say the default port 80 to say 8080 (or anything you like) and forward that. It works well where ISP's block port 80.

Cheers

Re: Change channel from console #5 bartender

• 207 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:11

There is no easy way to do it. But it can be done with a shellscripts which calls out to the webinterface through wget.

But fixing the port 80 issue or tunneling port 80 with ssh is an easier (and safer) solution I guess.

To agree with Sjaaky.

You can change channels using wget on the command line with commands like: wget http://localhost/?mo...d:a:b6:0:0:0:0:
The easist way to get the right links to the PID's for the channels is to browse to: http://dreamip/?screenWidth=799
Which will give you the "reduced" or "PDA" version of the WebUI, then you can browse through "ZAP" and copy and paste the links you need

Otherwise a far superior way would be to use SSH tunneling. Dropbear which is the SSH server on the DM automatically enabled SSH Tunneling, what you need to do is download Putty and under Connection -> SSH -> Tunnels add a new entry where the Source Port = "80" (this 80 assumes you are not running a web server on your local PC, otherwise use another random port) and destination = "localhost:80" dont' forget to click add, then click back on session, put in your IP and login as root/dreambox onto your DM. Now in your web browser go to "http://localhost:80" replacing 80 with the same number you set "Source Port = xx" to. And your web UI should come up.

SSH Forwarding is superior since you only need to have the SSH port open, and all traffic is forwarded via SSH. Not sure how well that would work with streaming... but going to try it now :)

Re: Change channel from console #6 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:11

I don't recommend streaming over SSL with dropbear on the dreambox. I think the processor isn't fast enough to do SSL encryption on a videostream. But I didn't test that.

Re: Change channel from console #7 adison

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:25

Thank you all,
I'm using 1024 as webif port. The ports are forwarded ok.
Sometimes the ftp works bad too (inside LAN). I have to make several connect/disconnect commads in order to finaly connect.
I will try with another router (now I have asus sl500).
On the other hand, I was not aware that I have dropbear on my dm500.
I wil give it a try.

Re: Change channel from console #8 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 23 June 2008 - 13:31

Do you use passive ftp? (hmm, although that might not work either..)

Re: Change channel from console #9 bartender

• 207 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 June 2008 - 22:28

Thank you all,
I'm using 1024 as webif port. The ports are forwarded ok.
Sometimes the ftp works bad too (inside LAN). I have to make several connect/disconnect commads in order to finaly connect.
I will try with another router (now I have asus sl500).
On the other hand, I was not aware that I have dropbear on my dm500.
I wil give it a try.

The standard Iolite 2008 image doesn't include dropbear due to the libc not including the right api's, and dropbear needing to be recompiled. I built an updated version of Iolite 2008 with dropbear and CCcam 2.0.5. You can download it from here

That way you can use WinSCP instead of FTP to copy files onto your DM. Just need to select "Use SCP" instead of "Use SFTP and fallback to SCP" in WinSCP and you will get a warning about groups, but then you can drag files onto or off your DM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users