• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Re: OpenPli-Image Flashing without Flashdrive #21 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,075 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 30 November 2018 - 11:27

Open up your ET10000 and check the capacitors part of the power supply, if the top is no longer flat (so it is cambered) then it's time to change them.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: OpenPli-Image Flashing without Flashdrive #22 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 30 November 2018 - 14:13

Is the flash drive not recognized at all? I mean can you access it when e2 is running.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: OpenPli-Image Flashing without Flashdrive #23 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,075 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 30 November 2018 - 14:42

Is the flash drive not recognized at all? I mean can you access it when e2 is running.

Flash drive is recognized because he saw Flashing on the front LCD but it never ends.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: OpenPli-Image Flashing without Flashdrive #24 bumperbee

• 283 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 30 November 2018 - 22:33

Thanks very much Master Pr2 & Master Betacentauri - I try it out.

Very sorry to some Masters for not able to give vote for your post, as the system automatically limit my given vote on a daily basic. Till now my voting privilege is still being frozen but once it is release I will vote for all your posts. I am very grateful to all of you Masters for being so helpful.

Best Regards to All

Re: OpenPli-Image Flashing without Flashdrive #25 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,075 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 1 December 2018 - 10:43

Thanks please give us a feedback on your findings since this post can also, later on, help other members.

Re: OpenPli-Image Flashing without Flashdrive #26 bumperbee

• 283 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 1 December 2018 - 22:37

Sure, Master Pr2, I will

Thanks & Best Regards

Re: OpenPli-Image Flashing without Flashdrive #27 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,075 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 2 December 2018 - 09:43

Just to be sure you press the OK button on the front panel to start the flash?

Or if you have a file named 'noforce' in the folder rename it into 'force'

Re: OpenPli-Image Flashing without Flashdrive #28 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 2 December 2018 - 10:00

What USB port are you using Front or Rear ?

Xtrend et8000 7.1-Release

2 x 8/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 23e 28e   

Astrometa USB Tuner Working DVB-T2 now on Kernel 4.10+  ;)

WD10EARX 1TB

Sandisk 32GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

ZGemma Star S 7.0-Release

4/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 28e

Sandisk 8GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: OpenPli-Image Flashing without Flashdrive #29 bumperbee

• 283 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 2 December 2018 - 21:51

Hi Master Pr2, Thanks for the advice. Yes I did press the OK button when the Lcd display something like “Flashing?” appear.

Hi Master ColinB, I am using the front Usb port.

Thanks very much & Best Regards to All

Re: OpenPli-Image Flashing without Flashdrive #30 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,075 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 3 December 2018 - 08:04

And you have nothing else connected by usb on the box, if so disconnect them all and just put the usb flash.

Re: OpenPli-Image Flashing without Flashdrive #31 bumperbee

• 283 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 3 December 2018 - 09:47

Yes Master Pr2, I have nothing else connected to usb. Thanks for the advice. Best Regards

Re: OpenPli-Image Flashing without Flashdrive #32 bumperbee

• 283 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 9 December 2018 - 01:52

Hi to All Masters

I just tried flashing through Usb by Telnet but having same situation as before, I can see the word “Flashing…” in Lcd screen but it never stop. After a long period, I decide to switch off & on the electricity and surprisingly a new image show up. If the flashing is successful, I wonder why didn’t it stop and reboot automatically in a normal flashing process?

I tried again but this time I put the latest image (folder: et10000) in hdd and after trying few a few different commands, I finally found that this one work, “  ofgwrite -r -k /media/hdd/et10000  “.

Using this method, I tried flashing with a year 2016 Xta v5.5 image but failed to do so. My purpose of doing this is to test an old image to see whether why is my et10k only able to display one channel (in new images) and not able to display image/sound in all other channels that show very high reception (Dvb-cable).

Thanks & Best Regards

Re: OpenPli-Image Flashing without Flashdrive #33 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 9 December 2018 - 08:26

Turn on the TV. ofgwrite displays the progress on the TV screen. And in almost all cases ofgwrite should restart the box.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: OpenPli-Image Flashing without Flashdrive #34 bumperbee

• 283 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:56

Hi Betacentauri, thanks for the info.

After searching for many days, finally found my OpenPLi backup image dated 28th Dec 2016. Transfer to hdd and flash by telnet without any problem. But getting back to the latest image is rather troublesome. Anyway that is not an issue, I managed to find my way back.

Still the same, only I channel is working but the rest is getting even higher reception but failed to display any sound or video.

Is this due to the failure of the tuner?

Is there anything I can do to make it work again?

Thanks & Best Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users