13 replies to this topic

#1 HWTest

• 152 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 28 November 2018 - 12:00

I was reading this thread: https://forums.openp...ecm-by-default/

and I noticed:

"On my ET9200 with Openpli 4.0,  when I start a recording with the option: "scrambled, record ecm" in Type of recording:

- If during the recording I watch the recorded channel, the recording is descrambled which is not the expected result"

The answer:"Yes this is normal behaviour. The descrambling registers are loaded by the softcam for the pids you're watching, which makes them being descrambled for the recording as well. The recording is just a tee of the stream you're watching in this case."

My question is - when I record scambled with ECM and switch to the recorded channel during recording, it get descrambled and I get a partially descrambled recording?

If so, how can I fix (descramble the scrambled part) such a recording?

Can I offline decode the scrambled part?

Does it recognize which part of the recording is scrambled and which already descrambled?

Re: Partially descrambled recordings #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 28 November 2018 - 13:59

When you watch the channel or also parts of the recording it will be decoded... As far I know nobody will notice.

Can I offline decode the scrambled part? -> See menu option in MoviePlayer... It is now on the 2do list to do this when the box is in standby.

Does it recognize which part of the recording is scrambled and which already descrambled? -> You need to decode the complete file to a .decoded file.... after this you can yourself delete the (partly) encrypted one...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Partially descrambled recordings #3 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 28 November 2018 - 14:12

When you watch the channel or also parts of the recording it will be decoded... As far I know nobody will notice.

Can I offline decode the scrambled part? -> See menu option in MoviePlayer... It is now on the 2do list to do this when the box is in standby.

I hope that offline decoding in 4/8 times real speed is also on that list?

Re: Partially descrambled recordings #4 HWTest

• 152 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 28 November 2018 - 16:52

Thank you.

So if I'm getting it right, when I have a partially descrambled recording and I let it offline decode, I get a fully descrambled recording?

And the same happens if I simply watch the (whole) recording?

Re: Partially descrambled recordings #5 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 28 November 2018 - 17:21

Afaik it also depends on the hardware. Some boxes cannot do offline descrambling.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Partially descrambled recordings #6 HWTest

• 152 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 28 November 2018 - 17:54

Vu+ Duo, Duo2, Ultimo4k

Re: Partially descrambled recordings #7 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 28 November 2018 - 19:44

Using CI module or softcam? There is quite a difference there.

Basically partially descrambled recordings can be descrambled again and then only the still scrambled packets will be descrambled.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Partially descrambled recordings #8 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 28 November 2018 - 19:45

That's already possible, tweak the "offline decoding delay" parameter and be prepared to see black smoke out of your subscriber card :)

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Partially descrambled recordings #9 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 28 November 2018 - 20:08

At this moment I’m experimenting with doing the descamble as soon the box is in standby... But there are some issue’s and stuff that still needs to be designed for the ui... I’m still at a phase where I try to collect all the cullpits...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Partially descrambled recordings #10 HWTest

• 152 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 28 November 2018 - 20:44

Softcam (Oscam).

Re: Partially descrambled recordings #11 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 29 November 2018 - 04:25

That's already possible, tweak the "offline decoding delay" parameter and be prepared to see black smoke out of your subscriber card :)

Before trying that I would like to know what thw parameter "offline decoding delay" actually does and if the 'black smoke' would harm my CDS-card.

Re: Partially descrambled recordings #12 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 29 November 2018 - 07:45

It does one ECM per time period you configure... e.g. m7 has per 10 sec an ECM.... when you set it on e.g. 5 sec the decoding speed is 2 times but the card Will be loaded as seeing two channels at once.when you put it on 1 sec the speed is 10 times, but you card will go in punishment mode guaranteed... please also note when you are also watching with the card at the same time the SID filters can not block the extra ECM’s.... so you can get multiple ECM (decoding recording + live) that could also put a card in punishment mode... then also think about fallback tuner server and the chaos is on!
In general this it sounds easy, but it isn’t... and mayby that is why it isn’t implemented yet... (and maybe I should firstly limit the scope of auto offline decoding of a recording)

Edited by littlesat, 29 November 2018 - 07:58.

Re: Partially descrambled recordings #13 HWTest

• 152 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:02

Thank you very much for all the valuable informations.

Re: Partially descrambled recordings #14 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 30 November 2018 - 16:32

Before trying that I would like to know what thw parameter "offline decoding delay" actually does and if the 'black smoke' would harm my CDS-card.

Your subscriber card works on black smoke. If the smoke is out, it can't work anymore :)

Edited by Erik Slagter, 30 November 2018 - 16:32.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users