Springen naar inhoud

Foto

Do TVs handle HDMI CEC "Forward volume keys" ?

CEC

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 4 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 plasticassius

• 16 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 29 december 2018 - 18:40

Hi, I've set HDMI CEC "Forward volume keys" but the signals to the TV get ignored. The box sends messages:

[eHdmiCEC] send message 44 41

[eHdmiCEC] send message 45
[eHdmiCEC] send message 44 42
[eHdmiCEC] send message 45

but they have no effect even though the tv does get turned on and off correctly via CEC. As far as I can tell there is no setting for CEC volume key reception on the TV. Is there some way to fix this or is it normal for TVs to not handle this?

I have a Zgemma H5 with openpli 6.2 and a Samsung LE37C670.

Thanks,

Re: Do TVs handle HDMI CEC "Forward volume keys" ? #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6046 berichten

+256
Excellent

Geplaatst op 29 december 2018 - 19:25

Hi,

No this doesn't work with most TV, but it works for sure if you have an Amplifier.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Do TVs handle HDMI CEC "Forward volume keys" ? #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68303 berichten

+1718
Excellent

Geplaatst op 29 december 2018 - 19:28

It is completely random whether or not this works. If nothing works you could try to play with the timing/delay settings. If only the forwarding doesn't work, you're out of luck. I never managed to get it working with my Panasonic.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Do TVs handle HDMI CEC "Forward volume keys" ? #4 plasticassius

• 16 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 30 december 2018 - 14:27

Well, I couldn't get the CEC forwarding to work, but my TV accepts commands by ethernet, so I made a quick hack to try out sending the volume keys that way. At this point, I didn't try to learn how to make a proper extension, so I hijacked parts of HdmiCec.py to make it work.

Bijgevoegde Bestanden

Veranderd door plasticassius, 30 december 2018 - 14:28

Re: Do TVs handle HDMI CEC "Forward volume keys" ? #5 Leaskovski

• 1 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 9 oktober 2020 - 14:53

In case anyone is looking to do a similar thing, I have used the code in the previous post to create a plugin that allows you to forward volume requests on to a specified IP address in the plugin configuration.

https://github.com/l...i/SamsungRemote

There is an IPK there as well that I have wrapped up to allow for easy installation.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CEC

0 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 0 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers