Following my problems, back to OpenPli, NEED HELP

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Raybobo

• 67 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 January 2019 - 06:26

Hello,

My config; Vu+ Duo2, 2x Twin Dvb-S2 tuner, HotBird, Astra 19.2, Eutelsat 5.0W, HDD 1Tb

Following my problems with Op 6.X and tested 7, (see  https://forums.openp...-questionsop62/ ), and after having send my Duo2 for "repair" in service center in Germany. They have not seen something wrong. So, when back, I flashed again with OP 6.2, and again, after a while, a crash and freeze with the spinner. :angry:

So, I decided to test another image: flash Vu 3.0 (original image) and then test 1 week with BH 3.0.8. No crash, no freeze! :o

I really need help to find whats wrong, because I repeat, OP is the only "user friendly" and intelligent image upon my advice. Really good functions and nice look.

So, today, I will flash again with 7.0, that with my config works as good as 6.2, but I know that I will again have some crash. 

So, devellopment team, help me to find the problem please, and tell me what I have to do to help to find this.

Thanks for considering, best regards, :)

Raymond

Edited by Raybobo, 13 January 2019 - 06:27.

Re: Following my problems, back to OpenPli, NEED HELP #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 44,379 posts

+483
Excellent

Posted 13 January 2019 - 13:11

The only thing that can help is that you find out which drivers (date..., + kernel version) work for you, so we can inform VU+.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 13 January 2019 - 13:12.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E/9E/4.8E/0.8W/5W via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
* Ziggo digital cable TV (FTA)
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Following my problems, back to OpenPli, NEED HELP #3 Raybobo

• 67 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:23

Ok, but how can I do this?

I already tried all the driver versions that are in the Archive repository, in 3.13.5, but the result was the same.

brcmfb.ko

dvb-bcm7424.ko

fpga_directc.ko

procmk.ko

these files were tested in all 3.13.5 version.

Did I have to try with the Vu 3.0 drivers that I have saved and that were installed from service when I had back my Duo2, or did I have to try the BH drivers as I had no crash?

But if so, how can I extract only the drivers?

Thanks again

Re: Following my problems, back to OpenPli, NEED HELP #4 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 44,379 posts

+483
Excellent

Posted 14 January 2019 - 20:16

I mean, what driver versions (+ kernel) are used in the images that work better in your case.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E/9E/4.8E/0.8W/5W via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Following my problems, back to OpenPli, NEED HELP #5 Raybobo

• 67 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 January 2019 - 15:46

I mean, what driver versions (+ kernel) are used in the images that work better in your case.

Sorry, but I don't know where and how to get this information... I always used OP 6.1 and 6.2, and now RC 7.

But let me explain the situation now:

Since my Duo2 came back from service (in which I remind, they have nothing found, only updated with an experimental version of Vu+) I don't have had any crash!

Now I'm back with OpenPli 7 for a few days, no crash, no spinner!

The only difference with before is that I only insert 1 Viaccess Pcmcia module (BisTv) and not Srg. Before, I had 2 modules inserted.

I hope that it will continue without crash, but I really would like to understand what was the problem and give the information, as I know that it maybe important for your devellopment.

Re: Following my problems, back to OpenPli, NEED HELP #6 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 44,379 posts

+483
Excellent

Posted 15 January 2019 - 19:05

You said you tried other images and had no problems there. So that's why I suggested you note which kernel and drivers versions they're using. Easiest to tell is when they're installed.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 15 January 2019 - 19:07.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users