Photo

Three tasks I am failing at: can they be done?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mjray

• 61 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 January 2019 - 19:58

I suspect these can be done and I'm just failing to push the right buttons. Do you know how they can be done? In case it matters, I'm using a zgemma h9 currently on openpli 6.2 with full night HD skin (IIRC) and will upgrade to 7.0 shortly. I can do some of these with the web interface but sometimes I'd rather use the TV directly if possible.

1. I'm listening to the radio and want to check the TV EPG (same satellite only would be good enough) without stopping listening to the radio.

2. Switch from a radio station to a TV channel (I don't care what) on the same satellite so the motor doesn't turn.

3. Browse a list of only free-to-air channels on the current satellite on the TV.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by mjray, 29 January 2019 - 19:58.

Re: Three tasks I am failing at: can they be done? #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 29 January 2019 - 20:19

Hi,

1. No you switch to Radio mode you don't have access to TV EPG.

2. When in radio mode you select a radio station on a specific satellite, back to TV you watch a TV station from another satellite. Back to radio it will broadcast the last listened radio so your antenna will move. I don't think that there is an option to not remember the last listened radio. To be honest I nearly never listen to radio from satellite.

3. I saw exactly what you mean because in the past the closed source STBs have an option to display only FTA channels but this option is not foreseen in Enigma2. What you have to do is to perform a scan selecting only FTA channels (this is foreseen), create a favorite will all those FTA channels, then perform a full scan to get FTA and crypted channels and then create your favorite with mixed crypted and FTA. But be also careful that some channels are sometimes FTA and sometimes crypted so it will be the status when you perform the scan, so you can get crypted channels in your FTA list.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Three tasks I am failing at: can they be done? #3 ccs

• 229 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 29 January 2019 - 20:28

Can do 1. (on ViX), last scanned has tv and radio, so select radio to listen and then you can view tv epg.

I'm sure there is a more elegant way to do it.

test

Re: Three tasks I am failing at: can they be done? #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,306 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 29 January 2019 - 20:57

Technically the difference between Radio and TV is just a bit in the service ref. The entire TV  /Radio split is (from a technical point of view) artificial, for end-users.

Nobody is stopping you to copy your radio favorites into a tv bouquet, and use those to listen to the radio, while having all access to TV EPG.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Three tasks I am failing at: can they be done? #5 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 29 January 2019 - 21:02

By the way I think that it can be interesting indeed to be able to watch the TV EPG while listening to the satellite radio.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Three tasks I am failing at: can they be done? #6 mjray

• 61 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 January 2019 - 22:29

I can't see how to copy the radio channels into the TV favourites but I just found how to view the TV EPG while listening to the radio: open the channel list of radio stations, then with the current channel selected, push TV/Radio, then EPG. This does not work in the other direction, though: I cannot view the Radio EPG while watching TV.

Re: Three tasks I am failing at: can they be done? #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,306 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 29 January 2019 - 23:26

On the box, you can only do that by logging in, changing to runlevel 4, and manually editing files. I don't know if channel editors will allow you to do this.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Three tasks I am failing at: can they be done? #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:05

At the time I introduced the Last Scanned User Bouquet feature I decided to make one user bouquet of it that also includes the Radio... With this you have one list to find all the (new) find scanned services so you also do not miss the radio ones... Afterwards when you want to 'save' new services you're still able to move these to a Radio User Bouquet.

Just to avoid.... When you make two lists of it as user you're quickly ask the question where are all these radio's... 

Edited by littlesat, 30 January 2019 - 10:07.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Three tasks I am failing at: can they be done? #9 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 30 January 2019 - 19:03

1. I'm listening to the radio and want to check the TV EPG (same satellite only would be good enough) without stopping listening to the radio.

How about the web interface?

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Three tasks I am failing at: can they be done? #10 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,042 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 30 January 2019 - 20:04

While in radio, call up the list using up or down, then press the TV button. This will switch the list to TV mode but the radio keeps going, and you can go to EPG for the TV stations from there.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Three tasks I am failing at: can they be done? #11 mjray

• 61 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 January 2019 - 13:23

How about the web interface?
The EPG doesn't work on my web interface (I know not why) and anyway, I don't really want to fire up a computer or find a smartphone when I'm watching TV to do something that seems like it should be possible from the TV, but as posted above, I figured that one out already. Thanks anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users