Yet another commit that needs reverting

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Re: Yet another commit that needs reverting #21 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 6 February 2019 - 00:19

@@MCelliotG, Do you have a list of t2mi pids from your experiments with astra-sm?

Nope, cause I only have Ku Band and the only T2-MI I receive are from 4.8E. I partly received 80E but the satellite was moved for retirement a couple of days ago. Either way that was pid 4096 too!

Now in depth info, from Octagon's side they (semi) confirmed that they used a modified t2mi_decap which they implemented into driver firmware. This is why it's fully compatible with astra-sm's commands and requires the pid to be entered manually and this is why I firmly believe that decap can work alongside enigma2 as a process. Of course cpu consumption is a thing to consider, all boxes above 751 Mhz don't seem to struggle with T2-Mi through astra-sm, but will the same be for real time software decapsulation inside the enigma system?

Anyway, the T2-MI enigma changes that run on OpenATV now are truly annoying. They are enabled for all MIS capable tuners and I now have the options on HD51 which are completely useless, and since the support is pretty much dropped, I don't expect them to enable decapsulation in drivers. The worst is that now their Enigma2 reports a t2mi_plp_id value of 0 in all DVB-S2 services (which will lead me to drop temporarily the indication on my skin since it's erroreous).It should be -1 or None when the service is not T2-MI.

Oh whatever....

Edited by MCelliotG, 6 February 2019 - 00:20.

Re: Yet another commit that needs reverting #22 twol

• 444 posts

+15
Neutral

Posted 6 February 2019 - 10:48

@@MCelliotG, Do you have a list of t2mi pids from your experiments with astra-sm?

Nope, cause I only have Ku Band and the only T2-MI I receive are from 4.8E. I partly received 80E but the satellite was moved for retirement a couple of days ago. Either way that was pid 4096 too!

Now in depth info, from Octagon's side they (semi) confirmed that they used a modified t2mi_decap which they implemented into driver firmware. This is why it's fully compatible with astra-sm's commands and requires the pid to be entered manually and this is why I firmly believe that decap can work alongside enigma2 as a process. Of course cpu consumption is a thing to consider, all boxes above 751 Mhz don't seem to struggle with T2-Mi through astra-sm, but will the same be for real time software decapsulation inside the enigma system?

Anyway, the T2-MI enigma changes that run on OpenATV now are truly annoying. They are enabled for all MIS capable tuners and I now have the options on HD51 which are completely useless, and since the support is pretty much dropped, I don't expect them to enable decapsulation in drivers. The worst is that now their Enigma2 reports a t2mi_plp_id value of 0 in all DVB-S2 services (which will lead me to drop temporarily the indication on my skin since it's erroreous).It should be -1 or None when the service is not T2-MI.

Oh whatever....

Must be pretty exasperating on OpenATV as especially since they reverted the Octagon  drivers on the OE-A!!

OE-A Revert "[sf8008] update drivers, add t2mi scan option"  This reverts commit 0b06940.

Edited by twol, 6 February 2019 - 10:48.

Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
.........FBC Tuners:
------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
.........DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W)

Octagon sf8008, AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo using Legacy ports on multiswitches
Zgemma H9twin & Zgemma H9 C/S mode into Giga4K

Re: Yet another commit that needs reverting #23 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,273 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 6 February 2019 - 10:53

A revert without a description of the reason isn't really helpful....

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Yet another commit that needs reverting #24 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 6 February 2019 - 11:58

A revert without a description of the reason isn't really helpful....

Reason for the revert was faulty blindscan executable.

There will be no new driver update for this STB until at least 2 weeks time due to Chinese new year celebrations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users