Fallback remote receiver

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 juanjomor21

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 February 2019 - 18:38

Hi,

I have a question about the function of Fallback remote receiver.

(If I have understood correctly) if I have an old satellite receiver with openPLi I can configure the new receiver to use the old tuner like another tuner.

Doing this, the remote tuner works exactly equal than if the receiver were another internal tuner?

I mean, does the PIP and the recording work as if the receiver has 2 internal satellite tuners?

About the channels.

With Fallback remote receiver, is identified the same channel from internal and remote tuner as two different channels?

Or OpenPli can detect the channel as the same channel regardless it uses the internal or remote tuner?

Can be configured more than one fallback remote receiver?

Sorry for my bad English. Thanks

Edited by WanWizard, 11 February 2019 - 18:43.
corrected formatting

Re: Doubts about Fallback remote receiver #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 11 February 2019 - 18:48

No, the fallback tuner is not a remote physical tuner, it is a stream based solution. If you want a tuner based solution, it's better to look at sat2ip / vtuner.

No, you can not configure multiple fallback receivers.

The fallback tuner works transparantly, if a service reference for a channel can not be tuned to using a local tuner, the service is requested from the fallback receiver. For your local box, there is no difference, it is the same channel.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Doubts about Fallback remote receiver #3 juanjomor21

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 February 2019 - 00:03

Ok, thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users