Photo

Scan issues with Dual DVB-C/T2 Tuner in Vu+ Ultimo

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Re: Scan issues with Dual DVB-C/T2 Tuner in Vu+ Ultimo #21 polkwan

• 97 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 February 2019 - 20:24

There are for sure. It only can be recognized as a dua^l tuner if it's inserted in slot 3. But it can not find any channel when scanning !

If inserted in any other slot with/without any other dvb-s tuner besides it is simply even not displayed as a tuner in the settings.

Edited by polkwan, 15 February 2019 - 20:25.

Re: Scan issues with Dual DVB-C/T2 Tuner in Vu+ Ultimo #22 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:48

Let me tell you something you don't want to know but is the truth. None of the manufacturers care about a receiver that has been end-of-sale for years. In this case a slight hint could be that no driver updates have been released for years. It's not something I endorse but it's also something I don't have any influence on.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Scan issues with Dual DVB-C/T2 Tuner in Vu+ Ultimo #23 polkwan

• 97 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 February 2019 - 14:55

In fact, I really like to know this kind of things !
Then we can honestly assume that what Vuplus sells is fraudulent. As they present that tuner to be compatible with Ultimo and is not or will not be.

The fact is that when buying an Ultimo you expected the additional tuners to work fine. Otherwise you don't buy an Ultimo but a solo or duo...

Re: Scan issues with Dual DVB-C/T2 Tuner in Vu+ Ultimo #24 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2019 - 15:04

Afaik Ultimo's, Solo's and Duo's are end of sale for quite some time now. I know there are chinese clones of the Solo on the market, don't know about the Ultimo or the Duo.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Scan issues with Dual DVB-C/T2 Tuner in Vu+ Ultimo #25 polkwan

• 97 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 February 2019 - 17:03

I can't stand to hear "Ultimo's end of sale".
Maybe it is but it has nothing to do with the fact that the tuner is sold with compatibility on Ultimo ! If it so not, then they just should remove "Ultimo" from the compatible devices and people wouldn't be tricked this way !

Re: Scan issues with Dual DVB-C/T2 Tuner in Vu+ Ultimo #26 ccs

• 229 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 17 February 2019 - 17:09

There are a few sites still advertising (selling) the tuner as compatible with the Ultimo.

test

Re: Scan issues with Dual DVB-C/T2 Tuner in Vu+ Ultimo #27 polkwan

• 97 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 February 2019 - 17:17

They just base themselves on what the manufacturer announces.
In this case, the official website of Vu+ is clear : it is compatible (cfr the link below)

http://vuplus.com/sub/sub0112.php

Re: Scan issues with Dual DVB-C/T2 Tuner in Vu+ Ultimo #28 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2019 - 18:34

I can't stand to hear "Ultimo's end of sale".
Maybe it is but it has nothing to do with the fact that the tuner is sold with compatibility on Ultimo ! If it so not, then they just should remove "Ultimo" from the compatible devices and people wouldn't be tricked this way !

You keep on complaining here, which is rather pointless. You need to complain to the vendor that sold you the tuner. If you have a legitimate Ultimo. 

They just base themselves on what the manufacturer announces.
In this case, the official website of Vu+ is clear : it is compatible (cfr the link below)

From a consumer rights point of view, not relevant. The vendor who sold it to you is responsible.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Scan issues with Dual DVB-C/T2 Tuner in Vu+ Ultimo #29 polkwan

• 97 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 February 2019 - 23:09

I know that debating here is not going to make it change. At least it can make people aware not to buy such a tuner when having a Vu+ Ultimo. This is now the whole point of this topic.

And of course, I complain. Especially when you say it's not relevant.

All vendors sell this tuner mentioning it's Vu+ Ultimo compliant because this is the information given by the manufacturer/supplier.

Naturally I will ship it back once again but how can you defend Vuplus whith the fact that they cheat the end-users like that ?

Re: Scan issues with Dual DVB-C/T2 Tuner in Vu+ Ultimo #30 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:07

The last driver update for the Ultimo dates back from 20171204.

The first time the dual DVB-T2 support has been added was 20181005 (for the uno4k, uno4kse, ultimo4k; support for the DUO4k was added later on).

See attached driver change log for all the changes: Attached File  VU ChangeLogs.rtf   24.46KB   3 downloads

Re: Scan issues with Dual DVB-C/T2 Tuner in Vu+ Ultimo #31 polkwan

• 97 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 February 2019 - 17:39

Thank you Rob :)

This proves that the Dual DVB-T2/C support was never implemented on Vu+ Ultimo.

So, another confirmation that they lie and cheat the consumer about that tuner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users