←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

Use the DM500 as Multimedia Center

pras's Photo pras 19 Jul 2008

Hello!
I have the latest image. I have a network with 1 pc (with 2 hdd c +d) and the DM500. I want the DM500 can access the pc's HDD drive (d:/movies). Inside in that folder I have all my movies (vob, avi with .srt files for subtitles). I want to see (on TV only) and control the movies from the remote control of the dreambox.
Can I do that?
Thank you!!!

hemispherical1's Photo hemispherical1 19 Jul 2008

The DB supports mpeg2 video, not avi, wmf, etc... You'd need to install on your PC & configure VLC to transcode the files to mpeg2 and stream to the DB. VLC can be controlled from the DB using the new movieplayer plugin. There should be useful info on the subject in the PLi® Wiki...

--
hemi

jonc's Photo jonc 19 Jul 2008

Hello!
I have the latest image. I have a network with 1 pc (with 2 hdd c +d) and the DM500. I want the DM500 can access the pc's HDD drive (d:/movies). Inside in that folder I have all my movies (vob, avi with .srt files for subtitles). I want to see (on TV only) and control the movies from the remote control of the dreambox.
Can I do that?
Thank you!!!

If you get a minute have a look at this wiki entry - E1MoviePlayer - it will explain how to setup your DM box for this purpose using the movieplayer plugin in the Jade release. There are also other streamng options on the wiki here - GenericStream1 - you can also look at if you do not have Jade installed