Photo

Problem showing picture of H7 on Toshiba TV.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sandra

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 March 2019 - 03:42

Hi,
I have just bought a Zgemma H7S and am struggling to get it to show anything on my Toshiba 48U7653BD UHD TV.

It works fine on an old 720p 15 inch TV that I only use for setting up Android boxes and Amazon Firesticks on, but I am unsure whether I should have CE enabled or disabled on the box or TV.
I have tried all combinations that I can think of, on and off in the box and off and on in the TV settings as well as both off or both on.

Does it matter at all if it is on or off or am I looking in the wrong place, I think i am getting fixated on the CEC as being the problem as everything else seems OK, I have swapped HDMI leads and inputs on the 4K TV but I am not getting anything at all but when I enable CEC on the TV it changes the name of the HDMI input to enigma 2 by itself.

In the unlikely case that it is a HDMI cable problem, as I have tried new reasonable quality cables as well as ones which work with an Amazon 4K FireTV box, I have ordered a new cable which claims to be able to pass 18gbps which should be here on Monday or Tuesday.

In the meantime I really appreciate any suggestions or ideas on how to get it working on my TV :wacko:

Edited by Frenske, 2 March 2019 - 09:10.
Please post in the proper section. English in English enduser and Dutch in Dutch enduser etc. i moved your question to the english enduser section..

Re: Problem showing picture of H7 on Toshiba TV. #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,082 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 2 March 2019 - 09:51

Hi,

Before playing with HDMI-CEC you of course need to be able to have image displayed.

So turn on the TV and manually switch it to the right HDMI input.

So you need to go into the:

Menu -> Parameters -> System -> Audio / Video -> AV parameters

And there you need to set the output to HDMI  select the right Mode and the refresh rate.

Now the question is how to change those parameters without seeing anything on the TV, the solution is to use the OpenWebif.

So find your box IP address (there are many IP scanner available on the internet), so once you find the IP connect to it from your favorite browser.

http://ip_of_my_box

On the left below the virtual keyboard you have the:  grab screen click on it, it will grab the current screen and display it to you.

Now select the checkbox and set the time to for exemple 3 seconds to get automatic refresh.

Then go into the above mentioned menu and change the parameters, HDMI, Mode, refresh rate and check when your TV will display something.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Problem showing picture of H7 on Toshiba TV. #3 sandra

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 March 2019 - 19:02

Thanks Pr2   :) 

I have now got it working on my TV but for some reason I had to change the HDMI setting on my TV from Enhanced to Regular to get it to show.

I thought that it had to be set to enhanced for 720p upwards but it is saying that I have 3840 x 2160 on UHD1 Test on Astra 1 so unless that is telling me what the stream is coming in at and it is down scaling it to a lower resolution I am unsure why it is working at all on that setting at that resolution.

Now all I have to do is to find out why I can't get it to switch from Satellite tuners A and B back to the terrestrial tuner on C and add my hard drive.

Thanks again for sorting me out so quickly as I must have already spent at least 8 hours over two evenings scratching my head  :rolleyes: 

I am pleased that I do not need to have CEC enabled to make it work too as I like to just use the remote for whichever device I am watching.

Thanks again for your help  :) 

Re: Problem showing picture of H7 on Toshiba TV. #4 sandra

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 March 2019 - 19:17

I have just looked in my manual for my TV and it says this about the HDMI ports :

Sources

Enables or disables selected source options.

There are Regular, Enhanced and Disabled options available for HDMI sources.

Regular and Enhanced options are affecting the colour settings of the selected HDMI source.

To be able to watch 4K images from an HDMI source related source setting should be set as Enhanced if the connected device is HDMI 2.0 compatible.

Set as Regular if the connected device is HDMI 1.4 compatible.

Set accordingly or disable the related HDMI source by setting as Disabled

So I am even more puzzled than ever now but the main thing is I can now watch it and the picture is a good one  :)

Re: Problem showing picture of H7 on Toshiba TV. #5 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,082 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 2 March 2019 - 19:27

Hi,

You are welcome. Now that you have the image displayed if you want to use it, you can now enable the HDMI-CEC. This will allows you for exemple to turn on automatically the H7 and your TV at the same time.  ;)

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Problem showing picture of H7 on Toshiba TV. #6 sandra

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 March 2019 - 21:07

Thanks Pr2 but as I said earlier I prefer to just use the remote for what I am watching at the time.

I need to get used to this Zgemma remote now though and the OpenPLi image as I have been using Oozoon on my DM8000 for many years.

Thanks again  :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users