Photo

Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #41 ntj

• 71 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 March 2019 - 18:04

Just want to join in to report that Disable the lcd4linux has helped me in my "tune failed" problem (sometimes when zapping signal showing 0% and getting a "tune failed" and then tuned OK) on my VU+ Ultimo 4K

Problem has been there on openpli 6.1, 6.2 and 7.0 but not on the "factory" VU+ image. first i tried to change the Diseqc and bought a Spaun, did not help.

I have 2 S2 fbc tuners and one non fbc DVB-C tuner and the "tune failed" problem has only been seen on the fbc tuners.

This input will probably not help in finding where the problem is but i just want to write that it helped me also on the Ultimo 4K box.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #42 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2019 - 18:29

I do find it interesting that it happens only with the FBC tuners, and not with legacy tuners...

Can you remember if it happened only on leaf tuners ( C - H ), or on the root tuners ( A - B ) as well?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #43 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 8 March 2019 - 18:36

I´m surprise that my two uno4kse with the same fbc tuner don´t have those problems

Are there different driver code for the fbc tuners from vuplus for duo4k and uno4kse.

Maybe it has to do with the higher speed of the duo4k and a timing bug inside the drivercode?

Edited by anudanan, 8 March 2019 - 18:36.

Receiver:2 x Uno4k SE (PLI 7.3 rel), 1 x ET9200 (PLI 4.0), NAS: 2 x QNAP 410, TV: LG 65C8llla, LG 47LB570V, LG 42LM615S, Sound: Yamaha RX-v663, Teufel System 5 THX

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #44 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2019 - 18:43

I can't explain it. Let's leave it there.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #45 ntj

• 71 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 March 2019 - 18:48

I do find it interesting that it happens only with the FBC tuners, and not with legacy tuners...

Can you remember if it happened only on leaf tuners ( C - H ), or on the root tuners ( A - B ) as well?

It happens both on A and B , i have not reflected if it happens also on C-H, 

Maybe i will enable the lcd4linux just to check (just happy that it works right now so lets see "Don´t change a working system")

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #46 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2019 - 19:06

I wonder why LCD4linux is installed by default on every box with a display, as it is clearly not needed for the default LCD skin. A legacy thing, from before we had these skins?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #47 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2019 - 19:08

Is it? I remember having to install it always explicitly.

But afaik it's not activated by default, so harmless. Saves the people from having to search for the plugin and install it. Just like other related, receiver-specific stuff.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 8 March 2019 - 19:09.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #48 ntj

• 71 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 March 2019 - 19:30

It happens both on A and B , i have not reflected if it happens also on C-H, 

Maybe i will enable the lcd4linux just to check (just happy that it works right now so lets see "Don´t change a working system")

To answer your question, tested to start 3 recordings with enabled lcd4linux and zapped and once also got the problem with tuner D.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #49 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2019 - 19:45

Is it? I remember having to install it always explicitly.

But afaik it's not activated by default, so harmless. Saves the people from having to search for the plugin and install it. Just like other related, receiver-specific stuff.

No, it is installed by default (controlled by the machine feature "colorlcd"), and if installed, it is "on" by default.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #50 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 9 March 2019 - 18:33

One thing I thought about...

I think it is an explanation why users with SatCR (unicable) LNB's are not affected. The FBC tuner will not tune on zapping. The tuner in the box tune to the 'transponder' frequency in the cable and these are the same. It is the LNB that will tune. So I think the spooky delay is when the FBC tuner is tuning.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #51 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 9 March 2019 - 20:24

Quite possible, it must be something like that.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #52 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 12 March 2019 - 19:16

Am I correct in that OpenPLI use 20181226 drivers whereas OE-A use 20190212 drivers?

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #53 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 12 March 2019 - 19:19

That's right, this the trade-off having stable images than having nightly builds.

Of course it would be nice if more people could join the "beta / testing" team and make releases going out much faster.
Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #54 Florie

• 54 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 12 March 2019 - 19:20

How to join?

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #55 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 12 March 2019 - 20:40

It is not open to the public at the moment. We did that in the past, with the result that all end-users installed testing images, and the flooded the forums with "it doesn't work' reports.

We haven't yet found a way to control that.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #56 Bbbb

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 May 2019 - 19:49

Hello, recently I have a VU + DUO 4k and the zapping is also very slow.

I am not an expert at all, but notice that the delay occurs when the transponder is changed.

The found trick on the dutch forum of user Lemmingsbeest works great.
His advice:
Try the following:
Go to the channel that gives "tuning failed" and wait a while for the picture.
Then go to menu, settings, channel search, manual search, then change search mode to user-defined transponder, set FEC to auto and then press ok.
Recipient then seeks on that transponder then confirm green button ..
Then back to your channel list ...
Repeat on other transponders that also have that problem ..
I now have a Vu Ultimo4k and have had that problem on some transponders ..

Only if I do a "fast scan" do I have to do this trick.
I always find it annoying to have to do that............and hope that this problem is easier to solve.
Thx

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #57 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 8 May 2019 - 20:04

Remove lcd4linux, as mentioned above.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #58 -M-

• 128 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 9 May 2019 - 09:21

How with OpenPLi 7.1, will the lcd4linux be installed by default?

PS. I found it strange that this is included, but not epgsearch. I think it is very very few people that want the lcd4linux, but many want epgsearch.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #59 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 9 May 2019 - 10:01

I'd rather find out how lcd4linux can slow down zapping and fix that.

I've not seen this phenomenon ever. It may be because I am not using all of the fancy lcd4linux stuff, like weather and other cloud services.

Re: Slow zap on Vu+ Duo 4K #60 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 9 May 2019 - 10:57

Just a speculation...

Could be the OSD for that display that need to be communicated to the (extra) display, which might withhold some 'progress'... as it is e.g. not running in a separate thread within the LCD4Linux plugin?

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users