Photo

ET-8500 rear USB ports not working?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CescoAiel

• 128 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 April 2019 - 19:57

Just out of curiosity: Anyone else have a similar issue where the ET-8500 rear-panel USB ports do not seem to be functional? They do not even seem to be supplying basic power...

Having only a single USB port (on the side) is rather limiting, obviously...

-- T90 with 17/12 dedicated switch, 1x ET-8500, 1x Xpeed LX S2 (Sharing signal with the neigbours!)

Re: ET-8500 rear USB ports not working? #2 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 20,991 posts

+166
Excellent

Posted 13 April 2019 - 20:38

I never tested those usb ports. I’ll try mine as soon as I have some spare time. ;)
Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Een Dreambox DM 800-SE Verder nog een een VU+ duo met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno. + ook nog een Xtrend ET4000 en een Vu+ Zero erbij. Inmiddels heb ik ook nog een VU+ Duo2 erbij, een Vu+ Solo 4K, een Formuler F4, Xtrend ET10000, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en nog het e.e.a.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: ET-8500 rear USB ports not working? #3 CescoAiel

• 128 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 April 2019 - 21:15

I noticed when I first wanted to flash (a looooong time ago) that it didn't work from the rear ports, but assumed that was a bootloader thing, and flashing from the side port worked, so I never looked any further...

But now that I wanted to connect that DVD player, I noticed no power on any of the three USB ports on the rear.

I have now connected a powered USB Hub to the side port, but I guess that means they actually never worked on mine... :o

-- T90 with 17/12 dedicated switch, 1x ET-8500, 1x Xpeed LX S2 (Sharing signal with the neigbours!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users