23 replies to this topic

Re: Hallo und Bitte um Hilfe für Anfänger mit OpenPLi #21 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 14 May 2019 - 17:01

Sorry I will answer in english:

The string are evolving with the image so some string are dropped or changed or added in the source code. So yes translation is a never ending story.
What the script (you seems to complain about) is doing is just parsing the source code of OpenPLi retrieve all the translatable strings to create a .pot file, this pot file is used to update the po files. We are just using the standard function for this process.
This is a normal process, the translation is not modified only the source string are. So some strings are marked as: fuzzy (the source string are changed but a translation already exist so it needs to be reviewed), delete (the source string no longer exist), new (the translation must be done).

Now back to the two commits, we don't know on which version of the de.po file the translator works.
It seems that he works on an outdated version of the file then create a PR to publish it.
Why do I say so because the string marked as fuzzy are deleted compare to the de.po file that was already in the github.

So after I generate again the proper de.po file, the valid changes from the commit are kept but all the new strings are also added.

So yes I also sometimes translate string, create a PR and in between the developer change the sentence in the source code so at next po generation the file is changed and I need to rework my translation.

This is how translation works.

So always pickup the latest de.po from the git (once updated) and work on this file.

Do not reverse the enigma2.mo file from you box and work on it, you will lose your time since strings have already changed in between.

So if you put back your translation done on a develop into a stable version the result will not be perfect because strings have changed in between.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Hallo und Bitte um Hilfe für Anfänger mit OpenPLi #22 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,760 posts

+81
Good

Posted 14 May 2019 - 19:09

Hello

I understand that, I think so.

It's not just about this one language ..
I just point out that both used scripts describe the individual .po again with additional characters and especially fuzzy things.

These also lead here and there to translation errors.
Unfortunately, when executing the scripts, things are rarely translated correctly.
At best, things added incorrectly that have been taken over from other languages ​​but are already there in the language.

I want to communicate this and not complain.
This was also in the git of you devs themselves questioned in one or the other running the scripts.

From my point of view, both scripts should be released much less frequently.

greetings

Re: Hallo und Bitte um Hilfe für Anfänger mit OpenPLi #23 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 14 May 2019 - 20:31

Hello,

A fuzzy string is a string where the original string has changed in the source code (python or xml) so the translation is marked as fuzzy for review, there is nothing abnormal there. Typically developers add a space, change the case of a letter, then since the original string is changed so ALL the translations for this string are marked as fuzzy.  Sometimes it can also be more complex changes.

So yes a string marked as fuzzy is automatically marked like this in every po file this is normal.

A fuzzy string is not something translated automatically! It is just an existing translation that needs to be reviewed.

If you always use the de.po from the git you will not have that much fuzzy strings but this can happens..

There is even a multi-os script that will allows you to properly create yourself the updated po files.

Problem is that you perhaps use, as base, a de.po from another branch (or you use a tool to convert the enigma2.mo on your box into de.po) then you work on it and then create the PR toward the develop branch.

Or since how many time do you take the de.po from the github? Development continues and strings evolve.

So you translate an incomplete de.po (or outdated one) so your PR delete strings that where already added in github but not in your own file. So of course when I generate again the po files those strings are back as fuzzy.

Take the de.po from the github develop branch, create a PR with all your changes. Then you will see at next run of the script that you will only have only a few strings to translate.

If you are not convinced, check the history of the fr.po file, you will see that this file as only a few changes at each update of the po files.

Once you work regularly on the right file, you have less work to do as a translator.

And if you test your translation done on the develop branch on a stable release you will not have everything translated simply because strings have changed in between in the develop  branch.

And never add strings manually into your translation since they will dropped if they are not in the official sources.

If you need to translate a plugin it is the plugin that you need to translate and not add the strings in the OpenPLi po file.

So translate from this file:

https://github.com/O...evelop/po/de.po

Create your PR and when 7.1-RC will be released you will see properly all your translated strings.

The update script never change any translated strings; so there is no google translate or whatever performed.

We had just once a problem with somebody proposing us a german translation to push in the tree but this person was not speaking german (we discover it later on) so he was using google translate to create the translation. Since I don't speak german I cannot control the proposed file so it was a bad translation, and others need to review the bad translation afterwards.  This was a human error and nothing linked with the script in anyway. We kindly ask this person to no longer try to translate language that he cannot understand.

Running the po update frequently allows translators to only have a few strings to review and some new strings to translate. If we wait too long there are too many translation works to perform and people are discouraged to continue the effort.

It took me many days to have OpenPLi and most popular plugins fully translated into french so I really know the effort required to have a proper translation.

So please continue your translation effort the proper way and you will see that there is no automatic translation, nor modification in your translated strings, nor fuzzy flag set at random at updating the po files.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Hallo und Bitte um Hilfe für Anfänger mit OpenPLi #24 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,311 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 14 May 2019 - 20:59

Create your PR and when 7.1-RC will be released you will see properly all your translated strings.

7.1-rc codebase is frozen as of today, so changes that need to go into 7.1-release have to be made against the rc branch, not the develop branch. Changes in develop will no longer make it into 7.1-release.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users