[Vu+ Zero] OpenWebif user and password forgotten

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Martin_F

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 May 2019 - 22:54

Hello everyone,

I am contacting you because I am a bit desperate... At my job we use a Vu+ Zero box to have images of the satellite and to be able to stream them on different screens. The problem is, the only computer on which was saved the username and password to access the box by web interface is dead and I could not retrieve the necessary information (username and password). I triend of course defaults id (root and blank). So I can not connect to the box via the browser to select the different channels, I have to use the remote controller and being directly next to the box...

My colleague who had configured all this a few years ago is no longer there and I can not find these identifiers anywhere.

Is there any way, by having physical access to the box, to reset the password to connect via the browser (OpenWebif) ?

Sorry for my english, I read it well but not writing very well...

Thank you so much !

Attached Files

Re: [Vu+ Zero] OpenWebif user and password forgotten #2 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 9 May 2019 - 22:56

There is a plugin setpasswd or similar on the feed. Install it and change the password.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: [Vu+ Zero] OpenWebif user and password forgotten #3 Martin_F

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 May 2019 - 22:59

There is a plugin setpasswd or similar on the feed. Install it and change the password.

Okay thanks for your answer. I saw earlier the plugin category on my box wich include OpenWebif one but I didn't see this plugin. Is it a new plugin that I have to install or it is installed by default on the box ?

Re: [Vu+ Zero] OpenWebif user and password forgotten #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 9 May 2019 - 23:30

You need to install it.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: [Vu+ Zero] OpenWebif user and password forgotten #5 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:51

Or reflash the box... which also clears the password...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: [Vu+ Zero] OpenWebif user and password forgotten #6 Martin_F

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:51

Thank you, I will try it today, I hope it will work ! (I hope it will not ask for username and password to install the plugin :mellow:)

Re: [Vu+ Zero] OpenWebif user and password forgotten #7 Martin_F

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:53

Or reflash the box... which also clears the password...

Do you mean "reset to factory settings" by reflash ? If yes, I thought about that yesterday but I'm afraid it will remove all the other settings and I do not know at all how it was configured the first time ...

Edited by Martin_F, 10 May 2019 - 06:57.

Re: [Vu+ Zero] OpenWebif user and password forgotten #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 10 May 2019 - 16:37

Then create a backup to usb... and put the settings back afterwards, while you with in a console on the box to change the password.

Edited by littlesat, 10 May 2019 - 16:38.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: [Vu+ Zero] OpenWebif user and password forgotten #9 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 10 May 2019 - 19:54

And why do you think that password is there? To prevent the wrong access! So clean flash..

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,
Qviart Lunix3 4K, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz

Re: [Vu+ Zero] OpenWebif user and password forgotten #10 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,790 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 11 May 2019 - 11:19

Maybe take a look here https://wiki.openpli...asswd.22_plugin

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users