Unicable LNB in legacy setup

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 2 June 2019 - 20:31

I've never had any unicable device, so I'd like somebody to tell me if what I want to do is correct and of course will work, or not.

I have several Satellite (DVB-S/S2) to DVB-T transmodulators, which get a satellite transponder, select desired services, and generate a DVB-T output signal, which is mixed along with terrestrial signals.

Then I have some sat channels available in all building rooms, just by tuning to terrestrial DVB-T signals.

These transmodulators ( https://www.televes....smodulator.html ) can share a simple and single LNB output if all of them need the same Band and Polarization for the desired services. They have a loop output.

But If we want to have different band/pol. , we need one cable for each one, so maybe we need 4 LNB output cables.

I was thinking in using a Unicable LNB, and configure transmodulator input frequencies using unicable output frequencies like theese:

Transmodulator 1: 1210 MHz

Transmodulator 2: 1420 MHz

Transmodulator 3: 1680 MHz

Transmodulator 4: 2040 MHz

Transmodulator 5: 984 MHz

Transmodulator 6: 1020 MHz

Then using a unicable programmer,each UB output should be configured correctly.

UB1 Astra 11494 Horiz.

UB2 Astra 11377 Vertical

…..

I have two questions:

Will it work ? ( I guess so )

In case of LNB power failure, has LNB to be programmed again, or it has memory and when powered again, configuration is the same as before being disconnected ?

Edited by jpuigs, 2 June 2019 - 20:32.

Enigma is getting old....

Spoiler

Re: Unicable LNB in legacy setup #2 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 4 June 2019 - 01:43

Example is the Inverto 32 output Unicable II. Using the controller you can map each SCR to a transponder. 32 transponders total. Once save these will be remembered across power cycles. Then you can connect an unlimited number to STBs to it. They don't even need to be Unicable capable.

I guess you could attach 32 transmodulators to it but wouldn't it be easier to have a television set with built in DVB-S tuner or DVB-S STBs?

Re: Unicable LNB in legacy setup #3 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 4 June 2019 - 11:00

Thanks, i'll try. 

But if I want to share some transponders, or some different satellites, it's easier to convert them into DVB-T (or DVB-C) signals, otherwise I'd have to configure each STB or each TV, and some TVs doesn't have S/S2 input, so I prefer to convert them.

If I've understood correctly the Unicable II configuration, I could mix several unicable II LNBs and share one output cable to get several orbital positions in several STBs working at same time, with this limitation:

==>  Possible Orbital Positions = 32 / number of STBs

Configuration for 4 STBs would be:

LNB 1 (19 E) ==> UB 1 to 4

LNB 2 (23 E) ==> UB 5 to 8

LNB 3 (28 E) ==> UB 9 to 12

LNB 4 (13 E) ==> UB 13 to 16

LNB 5 (9 E) ==> UB 17 to 20

LNB 6 (26 E) ==> UB 21 to 24

LNB 7 (5 W) ==> UB 25 to 28

LNB 8 (7 W) ==> UB 29 to 32

STB 1 ==>  advanced tuner conf.=> 19E UB1 , 23E UB5 , 28E UB9 …..

STB 2 ==>  advanced tuner conf.=> 19E UB2 , 23E UB6 , 28E UB10....

Is this right ?

Spoiler

Re: Unicable LNB in legacy setup #4 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 4 June 2019 - 18:45

I don't think you have understood. You can either:

1) configure the LNB as Unicable II

2) or preconfigure it.

1) means up to 32 tuners. and I think 4 positions (4 LNBs but the LNBs have to be configured with the controller so they understand positions)

2) means up to 32 transponders from as many LNBs as you like to any number of STBs.

The above is related to the Inverto LNB and controller tool.

Re: Unicable LNB in legacy setup #5 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 4 June 2019 - 19:46

OK. Thanks.

I thought you could turn on/off UB in LNBs, so one Unicable II LNB could send only desired number of UB.

Spoiler

Re: Unicable LNB in legacy setup #6 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 4 June 2019 - 23:41

UB?

Look at the manual for the controller.

You either set up some fixed transponders and these are sent all the time. In this mode all the STBs are passive, Just listening. This is nothing to do with Unicable. It is just a feature offered by that LNB.

Or you can supply up to 32 tuners. This is Unicable (2). The controller allows you to assign an LNB number in this mode. By default the LNB always responds to every command irrespective of position 1-4, but you can customise it with the controller to only respond to one position number. This allows 4 LNBs over one cable.

Re: Unicable LNB in legacy setup #7 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 5 June 2019 - 07:24

OK. thanks,

When I receive the LNB + controller I'll do some tests.

Spoiler

Re: Unicable LNB in legacy setup #8 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 6 June 2019 - 17:37

I've finally managed to have both modes (Unicable and Static) working at the same time on a Inverto Unicable II LNB (5278).

8 unicable SCR + 9 static SCR.  :D 

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users