watermark in classic videos

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 6 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 jpuigs

• 1143 berichten

+32
Good

Geplaatst op 22 juni 2019 - 13:33

Does anybody know why some 80's videos have a right bottom blue dotted arrow ( > )??

Bijlage  arrow_dotted.jpg   59,96K   3 Aantal bijlagen

Enigma is getting old....

Spoiler

Re: watermark in classic videos #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6046 berichten

+256
Excellent

Geplaatst op 22 juni 2019 - 13:46

Those are added by the broadcaster, look on YouTube for 80's clips they don't have such things.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: watermark in classic videos #3 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46951 berichten

+541
Excellent

Geplaatst op 22 juni 2019 - 13:54

It's so-called "in band metadata". In these days video was analog and there was no way to supply additional metadata (like timecodes from the camera) besides the video, but remaining in sync. So they simply put the data IN the video ("in band"). As television sets usualy had quite a large overscan area, you were supposed not to be able to see the data.

Besides that, analog video recorders were not able to record the complete picture (including the "overscan" areas) so they would produce noise in those area's (due to limited bandwidth and heads on the drum that needed to switch between each field).

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: watermark in classic videos #4 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46951 berichten

+541
Excellent

Geplaatst op 22 juni 2019 - 13:55

Those are added by the broadcaster, look on YouTube for 80's clips they don't have such things.

I think on youtube they cropped the video to the non-overscan-area (which I also do, for legacy material).

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: watermark in classic videos #5 jpuigs

• 1143 berichten

+32
Good

Geplaatst op 22 juni 2019 - 14:21

But this blue arrow is not metadada, I think. Look at the picture I've attached. It's the ">" sign inside the red circle I've added.

I've seen it in YouTube videos too.

It happens on several channels, not only one.

Veranderd door jpuigs, 22 juni 2019 - 14:22

Spoiler

Re: watermark in classic videos #6 tomek

• 65 berichten

+3
Neutral

Geplaatst op 22 juni 2019 - 15:41

Już śpieszymy z wyjaśnieniem tajemniczej strzałki :) Jest to "znak wodny" dystrybutora w Londynie u którego kupujemy teledyski. Mamy ten znaczek na 99% zagranicznych teledysków bowiem 99% kupujemy właśnie w Londynie :) I to cała tajemnica.

We are already in a hurry to explain the mysterious arrow :) This is the "watermark" of the distributor in London where we buy music videos. We have this stamp on 99% of foreign music videos because we buy 99% in London :) And that's the whole secret.

Source: https://satkurier.pl...internecie.html

Re: watermark in classic videos #7 jpuigs

• 1143 berichten

+32
Good

Geplaatst op 22 juni 2019 - 17:13

Thanks. That's it.

Spoiler

0 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 0 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers