Zgemma HS w/ openPLI

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zoltan_the_conqueror

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 July 2019 - 13:51

Hi all,

Recently I set up a Droidbox in another room to stream from my Zgemma which is running openPLI from 2018 (not in front of box now to get exact version).

It worked ok, not great but enough to watch some shows in peace while the rest of the family used the TV in the other room on the cable setup.

Not long after I set this up, I experienced an issue with my zgemma box... while streaming one day to the Droidbox, it suddenlty stopped sending any signal.

I checked on the Zgemma, but it just came up with a "tune failed" error. I rebooted it, but it didn't seem to tune in to satellites. It displayed a funny date and time upon reboot,, 01/01/70 - and any attempt at selecting a different satellite or a channel resulted in a "tune failed" message. Choosing a channel on the current satellite just showed the dish icon moving to/from the same location and eventually timing out.

I could see the dish moving. I tried resetting the motor, but that made no difference. Out of desperation I sent the box to the fella who supplied it to me, he connected it to his motor/dish, scanned for satellites/service and it worked. He set my local longitude/latitude and sent it back to me and - it worked.

All was OK for about a week when, again while streaming, the service just stopped and the issue is the same as previous. 

Sending it back to the fella who sold it to me really isn't the best option - as he is on holiday and lives up north. I'd like to try and sort it myself.

Anyone have any idea what might me causing this issue and how I could fix it?

Re: Zgemma HS w/ openPLI #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2019 - 14:07

Hi,

Over-heating problem, your box start get troubles when it became too hot.

Let it cool down and retry again.

You perhaps have a defective capacitor.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Zgemma HS w/ openPLI #3 zoltan_the_conqueror

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 July 2019 - 13:08

HI - I've let it sit a few days actually.  I don't think it is overheating - it worked fine for about 2 years until I started using that Droidbox in the other room, it was as if the Enigma plugin on it took control of the motor, if that makes sense?

When streaming to that droidbox, I was unable to use the motor to choose different satellites - the other channels in other satellites were greyed out and I'd get a "tune failed" message.

It is as if when connecting it up to a different motor, with different gps coordinates, it came to life.  All the other person did to fix it was rescan for satellites - found them, put in my gps coordinates and sent the box back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users