Re: VU+ 4K multiboot in flash #21 dany

• 160 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 26 August 2019 - 18:11

ok i could understand few things ... using google translator

this plugin doesnt support openpli because there is a conflict with the kernel

this plugin works good with openATV 6.3 - Original Image and Hyperion 6.4

you have to add this line  into etc/fstab to be simple switch from enigma2 out ...  the line is  ....       /dev/mmcblk0p1       /boot                auto       defaults

the plugin is here to download :

i will test the plugin today with openatv to see how it works

regards

Attached Files

pli image is de beste

Re: VU+ 4K multiboot in flash #22 dany

• 160 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 26 August 2019 - 18:33

after installed the plugin .. it shows me only this thing .. and couldn't do any thing
i'm talking about vuduo4k with openatv 6.3

im not sure whats the wrong .. maybe still not compatible with vuduo4k

regards

Attached Files

pli image is de beste

Re: VU+ 4K multiboot in flash #23 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 26 August 2019 - 19:18

The plugin does not look like a by the manufacturer suported multiboot! In addition it does not support the in e2 available multiboot features.

Edited by littlesat, 26 August 2019 - 19:21.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: VU+ 4K multiboot in flash #24 DJWeed

• 116 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 August 2019 - 19:44

after installed the plugin .. it shows me only this thing .. and couldn't do any thing
i'm talking about vuduo4k with openatv 6.3

im not sure whats the wrong .. maybe still not compatible with vuduo4k

regards

This plugin was tested on Solo4k. Please see how it looks after when You upload 4 images into the flash.

Regards,

DJWeed015988d71d2b.jpg

Re: VU+ 4K multiboot in flash #25 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 26 August 2019 - 20:03

The plugin itself doesn't do anything apart from copying boot files around. It doesn't create a multiboot environment.

It seem to be specific to BPanther's Neutrino image, which I assume has custom code to reformat the flash into several partitions. Doesn't look like anything standard, nor manufacturer supported.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: VU+ 4K multiboot in flash #26 DJWeed

• 116 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 August 2019 - 20:12

Is always manufacturer support needed to do something special? This plugin shows the possibility to use multiboot in falsh on VU+ 4K. If the BP Neutrino Team support this functionality on VU+4K, maybe PLi Team may support also and that was the question.

Regards,

DJWeed

Re: VU+ 4K multiboot in flash #27 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 26 August 2019 - 20:14

"thanks to redblue-pkt" suggests to me this multiboot is based on this:

https://github.com/r...initrd-vusolo4k

Edited by blzr, 26 August 2019 - 20:19.

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: VU+ 4K multiboot in flash #28 dany

• 160 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 26 August 2019 - 20:21

they said that  this plugin works good with openATV 6.3 - Original Image and Hyperion 6.4 .. thats why i tested on openatv ,,, but it doesn't work

after installed the plugin ,, i clicked on hem but he shows me empty image << doesn't show me starup - startup 1 - startup 3 - starup 4

thats why i said maybe still not compatible with vuduo4k

kijk de afbeeldingen

regards

Attached Files

pli image is de beste

Re: VU+ 4K multiboot in flash #29 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 26 August 2019 - 20:55

Is always manufacturer support needed to do something special? This plugin shows the possibility to use multiboot in falsh on VU+ 4K. If the BP Neutrino Team support this functionality on VU+4K, maybe PLi Team may support also and that was the question.

Yes.

If the manufacturer supports it, it is supported in the bootloader, and doesn't require custom hacks, which are image dependent.

For example, what happens if you now flash an OpenPLi image, USB style, with a bootloader that has no clue about the new flash partitioning?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: VU+ 4K multiboot in flash #30 DJWeed

• 116 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 August 2019 - 21:13

This is completly clear for me. But still not answered about supporting this functionality on PLi. Maybe "custom hacks" is the main problem? With the "custom hacks" PLi team may prepeare the OpenPLI 7.1 multiboot style without problems with partitioning flash? Of course we may wait for official support but it is possiible we will never find this support from manufacturer. But it is not means about this functionality is impossible on VU+4k boxes.

Regards,

DJWeed

Edited by DJWeed, 26 August 2019 - 21:14.

Re: VU+ 4K multiboot in flash #31 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 26 August 2019 - 21:51

When it is the same as we already have implemented in our image which other boxes use that have multiboot it is fine... we should not want to do it by a kind of hack which means if hack is there do something else..
Note that flash online with ofgwrite -AND- reboot to bootslot should work! And it should also not brick with standard USB flashing

Edited by littlesat, 27 August 2019 - 13:24.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: VU+ 4K multiboot in flash #32 darog69

• 14 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 August 2019 - 22:36

If all the teams were united, maybe something useful would come out of it

Re: VU+ 4K multiboot in flash #33 verde

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 August 2019 - 23:27

You have the above link to the forum where everything is described

Forget about joining the teams. The ego of the teams is very big. On the other hand, they even get angry when someone tries to do something good and useful. In these posts you have the examples. You tried it and also DJWeed,but... I hope you find help with the development. Best regards

Re: VU+ 4K multiboot in flash #34 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:35

Ot should be done in a proper way and not such way that we have for each manufacturer different solutions...
It looks like this solution is an alternative created by a user/team. It is not coming from vu itself. It should be recommended to arrange that it should be compatible to what there is available in enigma2 and not work a round it by a plugin.
In between for example openatv adapted almost to the openpli style for online multiboot flash and multiboot (without os.system usage) So here we’re for 90+% in line.
It would indeed be Nice when vu has multiboot... it could be initiatiated by a plugin but once enabled it would be preferable enigma2 can take it over...

Edited by littlesat, 27 August 2019 - 06:42.

Re: VU+ 4K multiboot in flash #35 verde

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:35

Why not go one step ahead of Marusys? Always wait for source codes to be released?

Re: VU+ 4K multiboot in flash #36 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 27 August 2019 - 10:12

yes indeed where are the sources?

Re: VU+ 4K multiboot in flash #37 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 27 August 2019 - 12:33

Forget about joining the teams. The ego of the teams is very big. On the other hand, they even get angry when someone tries to do something good and useful. In these posts you have the examples. You tried it and also DJWeed,but... I hope you find help with the development. Best regards

Can you elaborate on this? Where is "something good"? Where is any attempt to collaborate? Where is your code?

All I've seen sofar is a screenshot of a Bpanther Neutrino plugin, and a "demand" that we make it too...

Re: VU+ 4K multiboot in flash #38 twol

• 442 posts

+15
Neutral

Posted 27 August 2019 - 12:42

@Littlesat - totally agree with your comments

OpenPli and the images that build off the OE-A (and thats quite a few) all have a common base, so that users can load up an OpenPli/OE-A image on a multiboot receiver and it will work - and be able to boot between the different images.

Then along comes this neutrino group ( and Neutrino - if thats truly their base software, is not the same as Enigma) and users ask why dont we support this hack - when it should be the case of the Neutrino group working to build something that will run on the Enigma multiboot platform used in our images.

Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
.........FBC Tuners:
------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
.........DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W)

Octagon sf8008, AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo using Legacy ports on multiswitches
Zgemma H9twin & Zgemma H9 C/S mode into Giga4K

Re: VU+ 4K multiboot in flash #39 jenseneverest

• 65 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 27 August 2019 - 23:22

i dont even see the point to hardware multiboot. I have boxes with the feature and never use it.

It is simple enough to reflash to another image and i want to be able to utilise the full flash size anyways;.

Re: VU+ 4K multiboot in flash #40 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 27 August 2019 - 23:27

It is the same for 99.99% (or maybe even more) of all users.

They only valid reason I see for multiboot is on the latest HiSil boxes, where you can use it to switch between Enigma and Android.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users