Viper Combo Freeze remote control

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 facctagghiata

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 October 2019 - 19:53

Hi everybody,

i join here because i bought an Amiko Viper Combo HDD with stock os open atv 6.0.

I just downloaded OpenPLI 7.2. 

Then i put it (vipercombo folde with force files renamed) on my verbatim store n go 16GB, fat32, and i tried to flash it without success.

I put my pen drive in a rear usb port and i insert power cable. doesn't flash, just boot to open atv 6.0.

I tried to change port, same result. I tried with power button in front ti keep hold, no way. With front buttons, no way. With others pen drive, no way. With same pen drive formatted in fat32 in 256MB or 4GB, no way.

So i just boot on open atv 6.0 and i flash open pli from menu update, i select my pen drive and i flash rootfs.

Then when i power on decoder, i can see open atv splashscreen, then openpli and when load menu where you can choose languages, remote control and also button on decoder front, doesn't works.

Why ?

( as you can see, this decoder doesn't have any power button on rear...)

Thanks to everyone can help me and for reading

amiko_viper_combo_hdd_e2_1-760x380.jpg672468747.jpg

Edited by facctagghiata, 10 October 2019 - 19:54.

Re: Viper Combo Freeze remote control #2 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,397 posts

+394
Excellent

Posted 10 October 2019 - 19:58

My suggestion would be to use a much smaller USB stick. It wouldn’t be the first time that a stick > 4 Gb doesn’t flash.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Viper Combo Freeze remote control #3 facctagghiata

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 October 2019 - 20:02

My suggestion would be to use a much smaller USB stick. It wouldn’t be the first time that a stick > 4 Gb doesn’t flash.

Thanks to reply, but is very hard to find and usb stick less than 4 gb, today.

Also formatted with a small partition doesn't works? i have tried without success

Re: Viper Combo Freeze remote control #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 10 October 2019 - 20:04

Then when i power on decoder, i can see open atv splashscreen, then openpli and when load menu where you can choose languages, remote control and also button on decoder front, doesn't works.

This means you have flashed the box correctly.

OpenATV has the very annoying habbit of replacing the vendor logo with which the box starts up. We don't, which is why you still the the ATV startup logo.

There is a way to replace that logo with the original, but I don't know how. Also not why your remote doesn't work, with the Viper T2C I find it is very sensitive to how you point it, I often need to press a button twice.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Viper Combo Freeze remote control #5 facctagghiata

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 October 2019 - 20:05

This means you have flashed the box correctly.

OpenATV has the very annoying habbit of replacing the vendor logo with which the box starts up. We don't, which is why you still the the ATV startup logo.

Thanks to reply, but remote control doesn't works, and also buttons in front of decoder, doesn't works, i'm stuck on languages menu.

Maybe because i select rootfs.bin to flash and not kernel.bin ? but anyway is impossible from menu select both

Edited by facctagghiata, 10 October 2019 - 20:08.

Re: Viper Combo Freeze remote control #6 facctagghiata

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 October 2019 - 18:07

i have tried another pen drive, and same story, so isn't pen drive.

for this specific model, please can you explain the exact tutorial to flash it ?

Re: Viper Combo Freeze remote control #7 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,397 posts

+394
Excellent

Posted 22 October 2019 - 18:22

You can also try to rename noforce to force and power on the box with the stick in the box. 

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Viper Combo Freeze remote control #8 facctagghiata

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 October 2019 - 19:11

You can also try to rename noforce to force and power on the box with the stick in the box. 

is already in "force"

seems that there is another step to get usb update on it, this viper combo hdd is different, doesn't have switch on off on rear. so ?.... :(

Edited by facctagghiata, 22 October 2019 - 19:12.

Re: Viper Combo Freeze remote control #9 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,397 posts

+394
Excellent

Posted 22 October 2019 - 21:33

What firmware is on the box at the moment. From 6.1 or 6.2 you can perform an online flash to whatever newer or older image. With a proper autobackup / autoinstall you’ll be online in ‘no time’. The Viper combo hdd isn’t that fast in flashing an image. Flashing takes about 5 minutes. Add bootingtime + restoring takes 3 minutes so in less then 10 minutes the box is back online. My Ultimo4k is back in business in about 3.5 minutes. ;)

Re: Viper Combo Freeze remote control #10 facctagghiata

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 October 2019 - 22:41

What firmware is on the box at the moment. From 6.1 or 6.2 you can perform an online flash to whatever newer or older image. With a proper autobackup / autoinstall you’ll be online in ‘no time’. The Viper combo hdd isn’t that fast in flashing an image. Flashing takes about 5 minutes. Add bootingtime + restoring takes 3 minutes so in less then 10 minutes the box is back online. My Ultimo4k is back in business in about 3.5 minutes. ;)

as i said in first post, i have installed OpenPLI 7.2 from menu. stock was 6.0, form menu i update to 7.2, but stuck in menu languages, remote and buttons on decoder front, doesn't works.

So i want to flash one more time, but this time, via usb, and not from this menu, that seems doesn't works.

But this decoder is worst, no one know how to flash it.

If i put this usb pen drive on rear and i turn on, boot image, like without pen drive, so there isn't no video and decoder is on, that you can say: well.... something this decoder do... no..... i hope to be clear and  i hope in a solution :(

Re: Viper Combo Freeze remote control #11 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,397 posts

+394
Excellent

Posted 22 October 2019 - 23:35

I will do my best to perform a flash sometime tomorrow. 

Re: Viper Combo Freeze remote control #12 XRayhTec

• 440 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:12

According to google. After power up press standby button on receiver for flashing.
Regards,

607xRAYHTECV13

ET4x00RAYHTEC4.0

XP1000RAYHTEC7B

H9COMBORAYHTEC9b

Re: Viper Combo Freeze remote control #13 facctagghiata

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 October 2019 - 16:53

I will do my best to perform a flash sometime tomorrow. 

thanks i'll wait you reply

According to google. After power up press standby button on receiver for flashing.
Regards,

no way. i have tried this way...

Re: Viper Combo Freeze remote control #14 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,397 posts

+394
Excellent

Posted 23 October 2019 - 17:26

I just performed a fresh flash with 7.2 RC.

A step by step tutorial.

1. Put a stick (FAT32 formatted) in the upper USB slot. That's at least the one I used.

2. Power on the box.

3. The display shows ENUP.

4. Pust the power button.

5. Output on the display shows something like F500 and F700. Not exacly noticed. After about four to five minutes the Amiko bootlogo is shown and the display shows run and then boot.

6. Due to some odd / unknown reason restoring the just created backup appeared not to be possible in the upper slot. The stick wasn't recognized in 7.2. RC. When putting the stick in the lower slot and performed a factory reset, the backup was restored as desired.

Re: Viper Combo Freeze remote control #15 facctagghiata

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 October 2019 - 22:10

I just performed a fresh flash with 7.2 RC.

A step by step tutorial.

1. Put a stick (FAT32 formatted) in the upper USB slot. That's at least the one I used.

2. Power on the box.

3. The display shows ENUP.

4. Pust the power button.

5. Output on the display shows something like F500 and F700. Not exacly noticed. After about four to five minutes the Amiko bootlogo is shown and the display shows run and then boot.

6. Due to some odd / unknown reason restoring the just created backup appeared not to be possible in the upper slot. The stick wasn't recognized in 7.2. RC. When putting the stick in the lower slot and performed a factory reset, the backup was restored as desired.

thanks a lot i had success !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users