Blacklisted companies/teams/persons

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #21 mimisiku

• 5,458 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:58

I can't speak about developing (as I am none). I DO have a lot of experience which most of the boxes and images swerming around. Avid Dreambox user since 2004. Dreambox has changed hands and the original firm has evaporated. They have basked in their success of Enigma for too long and kept their price up for far too long. For a long time nothing new came from Dream (apart from the everlasting Goliath myth). Only recently new boxes came out (DM52x, DM9x0 and One). They are trying to recreate a name for themselves again since almost every other brand had better boxes (more speed, more RAM). Time will learn if they will succeed.
Regarding images (especially OpenPli): since it is now OpenSource everybody can contribute to it and clone (parts) from GitHub. Sure it would be nice if credits were given, but we all know how business works. Why pay when you can get it for free? It's all to simple to copy it, slam another logo in and use/distribute it..

Personally I think this whole OpenSource has backfired. Everyone can contribute, lots and lots of errors (even recurring onces) slip in. Extra time needed for debugging/recompiling and waiting for another schmuck to break it again. Code is a mess, creating a instable image..
I'd prefer ClosedSource firmware for a Box. Easier to maintain, easier to debug and far better options for testing since it runs on only one brand... Much like Pli did (once). About 1 image per year...
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #22 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:20

Personally I think this whole OpenSource has backfired. Everyone can contribute, lots and lots of errors (even recurring onces) slip in. Extra time needed for debugging/recompiling and waiting for another schmuck to break it again. Code is a mess, creating a instable image..

This not related to Open Source perse, but more a result of poor management and organisation, which in turn is caused by an "it is only a hobby" attitude.

The fact that the source is "open" doesn't mean the development shouldn't be run professionally...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #23 mimisiku

• 5,458 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:46

This not related to Open Source perse, but more a result of poor management and organisation, which in turn is caused by an "it is only a hobby" attitude.

The fact that the source is "open" doesn't mean the development shouldn't be run professionally...
I agree... But it's absolutely havoc regarding stability...

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #24 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:57

It would require proper development methodologies, and code reviews. Both are lacking.

It is one of the reasons we use a develop -> rc -> release cycle, so we can capture those issues before we get to the release stage.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #25 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 29 October 2019 - 18:30

About me- I hate things not working. Drambox is one of the few boxes, where things (drivers etc, etc, etc.) run without mistakes. It's been like this since beginning. I will never buy a Vu + box again, never! My suggestion would be remove this part from the list:

* DMM (DreamBox) company which did close their enigma2 sources years ago.

Why?

If they OWN Enigma2 (Which I don't doubt), then there's no way to complain about it. It's stupid enough!?

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,
Qviart Lunix3 4K, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #26 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 29 October 2019 - 18:48

In the past dreambox has also a lot of driver issue but af that time they were solved by work a rounds in enigma.... dmm went closed source abanding the open source community which makes them also big for years....

Edited by littlesat, 29 October 2019 - 18:50.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #27 mimisiku

• 5,458 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 29 October 2019 - 19:01

Dream Property has actually lost a lawsuit regarding the Enigma2 patent. So it's no longer exclusive to Dream.
I own both Dreambox and VU+ and I have no big issues regarding drivers. When they exist, both Dream and VU+ respond adequate enough.
My first Dreambox was a DM7000s and I can speak volumes regarding 'stability' in the early days :)
First workable stable firmware was Pli Jade3 (the whole family could be trusted to operate the DM7000s). Earlier versions needed 'velvet fingers' in order to keep the box working..

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #28 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 29 October 2019 - 19:36

About me- I hate things not working. Drambox is one of the few boxes, where things (drivers etc, etc, etc.) run without mistakes. It's been like this since beginning. I will never buy a Vu + box again, never! My suggestion would be remove this part from the list:

Why?

If they OWN Enigma2 (Which I don't doubt), then there's no way to complain about it. It's stupid enough!?

They don't own enigma2 and they will be #1 in our list as they support closed-source things.

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #29 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 29 October 2019 - 20:42

With Your decision, you just lost one single openvision tester. And don't say that I haven’t done anything  :(

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #30 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 30 October 2019 - 00:51

With Your decision, you just lost one single openvision tester. And don't say that I haven’t done anything :(

We didn't remove dreambox from our sources, it's just their name in our blacklist suggesting don't buy their products.

Buy dreamone and you get what I mean, there is no good working Open image for it.

Users should now how they behave and there will be no good support for them in future.

Edited by Persian Prince, 30 October 2019 - 00:53.

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #31 el bandido

• 360 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:20

The Satlodge site is "ban happy". I have never seen something like this from a fta forum. They cannot even spell Satlodge Team correctly.
Satloge Team = Stooge Team.

Attached File  Screenshot from 2019-10-29 22-03-00.png   681.72KB   27 downloads

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #32 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:12

But what does the blacklist mean then? We use the manufacturer drivers who's on our black list. Some Kind of honor could be in your fingerace, Maybe then we should change the wording. I like open things, no doubt. If the point is, you'll signal that we don t like their (companies/teams/persons ) actions, then not put them to a black list of what the meaning is to me confusing, but It was only something to rephrase it differently. Whether it becomes anything, it's a question, but it’s correct (IMHO).

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #33 daimon

• 220 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 30 October 2019 - 08:12

The Satlodge site is "ban happy". I have never seen something like this from a fta forum. They cannot even spell Satlodge Team correctly.

attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2019-10-29 22-03-00.png

why don't you follow these interesting discussions instead of thinking about attacking

please close this tred and continue somewhere else

and keep it quiet who uses this hobby

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #34 satinfo

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:21

Why?

They don't own enigma2 and they will be #1 in our list as they support closed-source things.

Bad defamation is not such a good way like you do

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #35 cdr

• 49 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:44

what a palava

attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2019-10-29 22-03-00.png

what a palava we are here still talk about this shit 

saying we can't spell satlodge maybe you should revise your English 

satlodge is just a name and we can call the way we want,defame other  for no reason it is very bad taste and luck of knowledge

we support DMM image and we do original image we support Zgemma image we don't support clone

and we don't get any money or sponsor any one. we buy our box for the pleasure of our hobby and helping people 

Defame satlodge for the Ncam when Persian prince is use the oscam code get all plugins from other for is benefit 

look like you are all on the same Caravan! clean up you house instead of complain about other 

my regard cdr satlodge admin

Edited by cdr, 30 October 2019 - 12:48.

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #36 cdr

• 49 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 October 2019 - 13:02

@ el bandido

if have read our notes you should have known no spammer are allowed

let you know our forum got antispam protection any one register with fake email and fake ip get banned automatically that is why you are banned

we don't want any spammer we don't need you stay in your place  :rolleyes: 

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #37 el bandido

• 360 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 30 October 2019 - 15:43

The problem is i do not spam. My email is not fake.
https://ipinfolookup.com/172.58.3.238

You Satlodge folks need to clean your act up a little bit bit.

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #38 Toysoft

• 36 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 31 January 2021 - 15:37

I have a proposal, can we add to the Ban list also OpenVison ? As it went Private with sources of all open source developpers.

And when we talk about NDS, I think that some people should remember what really happen instead of talking about thing they have no clue about, for all original pieces and documents, as well as BBC One Panorama program (only in Flash) see the link below (CT was an NDS Spy who spied on all the good guys),

http://www.murdochspirates.com/

TS

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #39 demosat1

• 363 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 1 February 2021 - 08:44

You haven't read that PLI members can request access to the source.

I have a proposal, can we add to the Ban list also OpenVison ? As it went Private with sources of all open source developpers.

https://openvision.tech/?p=192

...This is sad news we know but good news is our development continues, also PLi members could ask for access to our private git....

Re: Blacklisted companies/teams/persons #40 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 1 February 2021 - 08:46

You haven't read that PLI members can request access to the source.

https://openvision.tech/?p=192

...This is sad news we know but good news is our development continues, also PLi members could ask for access to our private git....

Not just PLi but we will give access to Open Source teams like ATV, ViX ... but the real ones not the ones uploaded old sources and they release new images without any source ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users