Photo

Is there a reason why you have so old openvpn versions in opkg and Why I cant build it from source?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Turbo

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:11

I am to be honest a little pissed of because you have still the openvpn version 2.3.9 in opkg. With this version you cant do anything right.

The .ovpn you create with the newest version on your server arent working good and for the security perspective its more than a mess to use so old versions. So i tried to build openvpn from source (the newest version ofc) and figured out that this is not even possible because I cant get

libssl-dev liblzo2-dev libpam0g-dev build-essential

if you know a way pls tell me ;D

I want to ask now:

1) Why didnt you updated the openvpn versions in opkg

2) Do you know another way to use openvpn

3) Do you use .ovpn files for your clients? Or do you handle it differently?

Have a nice Day

Turbo

Re: Is there a reason why you have so old openvpn versions in opkg and Why I cant build it from source? #2 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:59

PLi uses 2.4.7 in their develop branch: https://github.com/O...support/openvpn

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

Re: Is there a reason why you have so old openvpn versions in opkg and Why I cant build it from source? #3 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,274 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 30 October 2019 - 13:39

+7.2 should also have 2.4.7

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Is there a reason why you have so old openvpn versions in opkg and Why I cant build it from source? #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,621 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 30 October 2019 - 18:48

I want to ask now:

1) Why didnt you updated the openvpn versions in opkg

2) Do you know another way to use openvpn

3) Do you use .ovpn files for your clients? Or do you handle it differently?

Just to make sure you understand: we don't do anything just because someone demands it. Since nobody is paying me for this work, I determine my own priorities.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users