Photo

Unicable LNB with USALS trouble recording while watching

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 catdog

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 December 2019 - 23:28

I cannot get recording with Irdeto 2 Unicable LNB working on USALS motor while another program is being watched. With the old non-unicable LNB the recording had an absolute priority to interrupt the viewing, turn the dish and start the recording. I cannot get the same system working on the unicable LNB.

My current setup is 8 virtual LNB's on Vu+ Duo 4k linked to one Unicable LNB. Each individual LNB setup is in advanced mode and only the first LNB has USALS enabled.

I tried various combinations of "Preferred Tuner" and "Preferred Tuner for Recordings" with different LNB priorities. Also added USALS to the second virtual LNB. The "recordings always have priority" setting is on.

It either did not move the dish when USALS was enabled only on the first LNB or while USALS was set on the first two virtual LNB's moved the dish but any change in viewing channel moved the dish back.

Is there any way to force the recording to always grab the first virtual LNB regardless of it already being used for viewing and lock it for the duration of the event?

Re: Unicable LNB with USALS trouble recording while watching #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,271 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:52

It is not really a feature to put an unicable lnb on a rotor... an unicable lnb is intended for multiple boxes, how do you think this should be covered.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Unicable LNB with USALS trouble recording while watching #3 biga

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:24

I also have unicable LNB using it for recording from more than one transponder on my vu+uno4kse. So I suppose there is a purpose of using Unicable LNB on single receivers with FBC tuners.

I have maybe similar question as catdog. When I'm recording a channel from a sattelite is there a way to prevent rotor from moving to another sattelite? Sometimes I forget there is running recording and I switch to channel from another sattelite which break recording.

Edited by biga, 12 December 2019 - 09:25.

Re: Unicable LNB with USALS trouble recording while watching #4 catdog

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:45

I have two receivers connected on one cable but only VU+ is allowed to turn the dish so indeed it is a multireceiver setup.

The setting "recordings always have priority" should be sufficient but somehow it does not work as intended on Unicable LNB with multiple FBC tuners and USALS.

Given the priority the recording event should force turn the dish and disable USALS command until the event is over. And this is exactly how it works with the old style LNB so I am not clear on why the same logic cannot be applied to Unicable setup?

Re: Unicable LNB with USALS trouble recording while watching #5 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,271 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 12 December 2019 - 15:24

There is an option in the LNB list that 'says' depends on or something like that... Did you try that... ? Then you can connect the rotor to the first slot and the other tuners you say they they depend on that other tuner... 

Edited by littlesat, 12 December 2019 - 15:25.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Unicable LNB with USALS trouble recording while watching #6 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,012 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:53

catdog

Show screenshots of your settings.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Unicable LNB with USALS trouble recording while watching #7 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,012 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 13 December 2019 - 13:10

https://github.com/O...vb/sec.cpp#L176

????

if (sat.no_rotor_command_on_tune && !rotor) {
                    eSecDebugNoSimulate("[eDVBSatelliteEquipmentControl] no rotor but no_rotor_command_on_tune is set.. ignore lnb %d", idx);
                    continue;
                }

+                if (linked_in_use && is_unicable  && direct_connected && rotor && rotor_pos != sat.orbital_position){
+                    eSecDebugNoSimulate("[eDVBSatelliteEquipmentControl] linked_in_use as is_unicable new orbital position not equal to current orbital.. ignore lnb %d", idx);
+                    continue;
+                }

if (linked_in_use && !is_unicable)
                {
                    // compare tuner data
                    if ( (csw != linked_csw) ||
                        ( diseqc && (ucsw != linked_ucsw || toneburst != linked_toneburst) ) ||
                        ( rotor && rotor_pos != sat.orbital_position ) )
                    {
                        ret = 0;
                    }
                    else
                        ret += 15;
                    eSecDebugNoSimulate("[eDVBSatelliteEquipmentControl] ret2 %d", ret);
                }
                else if ((rotor && satpos_depends_ptr != -1) && !(is_unicable && is_unicable_position_switch))
                {
                    eSecDebugNoSimulate("[eDVBSatelliteEquipmentControl] satpos depends");
                    eDVBRegisteredFrontend *satpos_depends_to_fe = (eDVBRegisteredFrontend*) satpos_depends_ptr;
                    if (direct_connected) // current fe is direct connected.. (can turn the rotor)
                    {
                        if (satpos_depends_to_fe->m_inuse) // if the dependent frontend is in use?
                        {
                            if (rotor_pos != sat.orbital_position) // new orbital position not equal to current orbital pos?
                                ret = 0;
                            else
                                ret += 10;
                        }
                        eSecDebugNoSimulate("[eDVBSatelliteEquipmentControl] ret3 %d", ret);
                    }
                    else // current fe is dependent of another tuner ... (so this fe can't turn the rotor!)
                    {
                        // get current orb pos of the tuner with rotor connection
                        satpos_depends_to_fe->m_frontend->getData(eDVBFrontend::ROTOR_POS, rotor_pos);
                        if (rotor_pos == -1 /* we dont know the rotor position yet */
                            || rotor_pos != sat.orbital_position ) // not the same orbital position?
                        {
                            ret = 0;
                        }
                    }
                    eSecDebugNoSimulate("[eDVBSatelliteEquipmentControl] ret4 %d", ret);
                }	

Edited by Dimitrij, 13 December 2019 - 13:10.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Unicable LNB with USALS trouble recording while watching #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,271 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 13 December 2019 - 14:32

I already told unicable is not made to put on roter... actually somehow this is still not done!

Re: Unicable LNB with USALS trouble recording while watching #9 catdog

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 December 2019 - 21:20

Screenshots of  settings are attached.

Actually Unicable LNB's are incredibly versatile. Pitty Irdeto did not make their second version LNB body narrower as up to 4 can be combined on one cable/multifocus dish pointing to 4 satellites on a single cable without switch just a signal combiner is enough.

Attached Files

Re: Unicable LNB with USALS trouble recording while watching #10 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,271 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 14 December 2019 - 21:56

Maybe change connected to to depends on....? And/or add this option...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users