Single Band and Single Polarization LNB

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 29 December 2019 - 01:50

Is it possible to have on TUNER CONFIGURATION a single Band  & Pol. LNB type ?

Maybe you won't understand why I ask it.....

In Spain , Movistar+ carries all its channels on Astra 19ºE, vertical Lower Band.

Here, Some buildings have a common shared satelite dish, and TV signals we receive in each home carry DVB-T signals (88 - 860 MHz) mixed with Astra Vertical Low Band signal (950 - 2150 MHz).

Some time ago, you'll remember I asked to disable LNB Power, because in this kind of setup, LNB power is not need at all => You always receive same Pol & Band.

I have several own dishes on a diseqc switch on INPUT A (NIM A), which has Astra, HotBird, .......

I get common satellite LNB signal (Astra 19) on INPUT B.

If I tune to an Astra 19º Channel, receiver tries to get it from input B, unless its busy, or I change its priority in setup.

But the problem is that it tries to get ALL astra channels from input B, and unless desired channel be a Vertical Low one, they can't be tuned.

I would like that it try to get only the ones from Vertical Lower Band from INPUT B, and the rest from A.

If I configure INPUT B as: User defined LNB, LOF/L and LOF/H 9750, Threshold 12750, Voltage 13V, , and I tune to an Astra Hi band Channel, receiver looks for it on Input A (correct!), but the Horizontal Low Ones, are still expected on Input B, and they can't be received from that input.

I want that the receiver use Tuner A only when channel can't be received from Tuner B.

==> Vertical Low Band ones on Input B, the other ones (HL, VH, HH) on Input A.

I think that if it existed a LNB type which had only one band and Polarization, this desired behaviour would work.

Edited by jpuigs, 29 December 2019 - 01:54.

Enigma is getting old....

Spoiler

Re: Single Band and Single Polarization LNB #2 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,969 posts

+335
Excellent

Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:40

I think that if it existed a LNB type which had only one band and Polarization, this desired behaviour would work.

This type does not exist.
These are just problems with your equipment.

This problem is up to you.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Single Band and Single Polarization LNB #3 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 29 December 2019 - 14:23

Thank You Very Much! 

I already knew that the problem is mine. That's the only thing I knew.

QUATTRO LNBs (not QUAD) don't exist ?

Signal I receive from the common dish, is an output from a QUATTRO LNB (and amplified to be shared to 20 homes) , so if a QUATTRO LNB Type existed in setup, and a configurable received band (HH,VH,HL,VL), it would work.

Spoiler

Re: Single Band and Single Polarization LNB #4 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 29 December 2019 - 15:00

If I delete Astra 19 from INPUT A, and I open channel List, it appears this: Attached File  chlist.jpg   128.45KB   2 downloads

You see that High Band Channels are rightly disabled, because with my configuration,  Attached File  config.jpg   61.52KB   2 downloads  (LOF 9750) , tuner can't get high band.

But I think that setting Voltage Mode to 13 V, like I've done, should also disable all Horizontal ones.

Spoiler

Re: Single Band and Single Polarization LNB #5 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,969 posts

+335
Excellent

Posted 31 December 2019 - 19:32

This plugin can assign tuner priority to individual channels.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Single Band and Single Polarization LNB #6 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 31 December 2019 - 21:26

Thanks, it works.

It would be good to be able to add entire favourite lists, instead of adding channels one by one, but anyway it has easily solved my "problem".

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users