Photo

OpenPLi 7.2-rc available (SF8008 and OS Mini 4K)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Re: OpenPLi 7.2-rc available (SF8008 and OS Mini 4K) #41 boki15

• 145 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 23 April 2020 - 23:53

I hoped you will understand me correctly. I was not talking about priorities, I was just saying, that if somebody looks for things, a lot can be found and if newcomers get welcome like some oldies like me, I guess new user will lose it's interest to contribute and this by what open source lives. I think we all would agree that priority is OpenPli software, not discussion forum where forum by itself is obsolete, you would have much less headache and much more contributors if the community would be used to use github issues and similar communication possibility centralized, as doing it here on forum is wasting time, it requires manual interaction like you say, and for that it requires time and concentration, with getting older, the task gets harder and "less" reasonable. I also get that you use commercial software due to the fact that you guys cant be on 10 places at the same time, I mean, just response time on forum here is better than on most commercial software products. Don't get my words as criticism, but as possibility to improve something.

And no, I am not the one who ever though you have hunderds of people, I know you guys and how many you are ;), like my math teacher always told, "assuming" or "thinking" is simply "not knowing". I believe with available hands, you made much more than many other teams having much more ressources and hope openpli will never die and become a standard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users