• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kallquk

• 38 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 22 February 2020 - 14:40

hello,

I have a zgemma with latest openpli. I need to show on screen the content of a file (which has 3-4 short lines max) in the tmp folder, infobar1, 2 etc through remote.

Infobars may be preferable, or a custom messagebox.

Please help me

thanks in advance

Re: show my own info on screen, how? #2 serdeliuk

• 315 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:12

You should give us more details in order to be able to help, maybe you may want to search for emanuel's ihad e2 plugin tutorial which has a comprehensive set of examples.

init 2 && init 3

Re: show my own info on screen, how? #3 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 1 March 2020 - 14:49

Hi, if you mean a Shell command-line or script, you can use, for example, the Enigma Open-Webif interface for this purpose:

msg="Testing message for the OSD screen output on your TV.\n\n\nIt works fine !"
msg=$(echo -e "$msg" | sed 's/ /\+/g' | sed ':a;N;$!ba;s/\n/%0A/g')                      # replace all ' ' with '+' and replace all '\n' with '%0A'
wget -qO- "http://127.0.0.1/web/message?type=1&timeout=10&text=$msg" > /dev/null 2>&1    # show the Web-GUI info message

Re: show my own info on screen, how? #4 mrvica

• 1,227 posts

+82
Good

Posted 1 March 2020 - 15:27

or to show a file

msg=`cat /tmp/ecm.info`
msg=$(echo -e "$msg" | sed 's/ /\+/g' | sed ':a;N;$!ba;s/\n/%0A/g')                      # replace all ' ' with '+' and replace all '\n' with '%0A'
wget -qO- "http://127.0.0.1/web/message?type=1&timeout=10&text=$msg" > /dev/null 2>&1    # show the Web-GUI info message

Re: show my own info on screen, how? #5 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 1 March 2020 - 17:44

Very simple, you create a script in: /usr/script/  (if it doesn't exist yet just create the folder) and create for exemple the file displayfile.sh  make it executable chmod 755 displayfile.sh

With the following content:

#/bin/sh
cat /tmp/TheFileYouWant.txt

Go into Hotkey (I guess you need to enable the expert mode to see it).

The select the keypress you want to use and there select the script that you want to launch, in this case:  displayfile.sh

Press the Hotkey you defined and the content will be displayed on screen.

You also use the mrvica script instead of mine but Hotkey is the solution to launch it if it is placed into /usr/script/

Pr2

Edited by Pr2, 1 March 2020 - 17:47.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users