Kodi Openpli 6.2 Ultim

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Curious

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 February 2020 - 22:40

Hi,

I am new to this forum. The problem I have is that the movie does not start when I select it in Kodi on OpenPli 6.2.

I am using a VU+ Ultimo 4K, running Openpli 6.2 with tuners for cable and satellite. Openpli runs without any problem. I have installed the Kodi plugin that came with the Openpli 6.2 version. I want to put all my DVDs and Blurays on my NAS to save physical space and access them from my Ultimo 4K.

Kodi starts without any problem. I have pointed it to my NAS, that has some movies on it. Kodi finds movie titles and all additional information. But when I click on one of the movies, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Re: Movie not starting in Kodi on Openpli 6.2 #2 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 25 February 2020 - 17:46

Hi,

did you use smb or nfs to reach your movie library? This will not work as the E2 player cannot play file like smb://share/file or nfs://share/file. You must mount your NAS in E2 then then direct Kodi through /root/media to the files.

Ralf

Re: Movie not starting in Kodi on Openpli 6.2 #3 Curious

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 February 2020 - 23:15

Hi Ralf,

Thank you very much, that did the trick. I was indeed using smb. There is now only one problem I think I can solve myself: from the Kodi main menu I can still not start the movie, but when I first choose a movie type e.g. Action, I get a list. From that list I can press the menu button and get a menu option "Start with..." and then I get 2 movie players. The E2player starts the movie, the other one crashes. I guess I have to remove the other player. Unfortunately I had no more time to look for the other player and uninstall it.

Gerrit Jan

Re: Movie not starting in Kodi on Openpli 6.2 #4 Curious

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 March 2020 - 22:43

Hi Ralf,

Movies I saved as .mkv now start and play without problem. But old DVDs do not start. I saved the DVDs in the DVD format (directory with the name of the movie and under that a directory VIDEO_TS with all the files in it and an empty directory AUDIO_TS).
Scraping works fine, the DVD shows with all the appropriate information, but it won't play. I had hoped I could save DVDs in this format, to retain as much picture and audio quality as possible, so I can reclaim the space all those DVDs take up in my living room.

Can you again help me out?

Gerrit Jan.

Re: Movie not starting in Kodi on Openpli 6.2 #5 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 5 March 2020 - 08:35

Hi,

with E2 you need the plugin "DVD player" but I do not know if it works together with Kodi.

Ralf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users