Photo

Open pli gigablue trio 4 k

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Dester

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 March 2020 - 16:09

Hi everyone, I use the image on a dreambox8000 and everything works perfectly.
I have seen that it will also be available for gigablue trio4k.
when is it expected?
Is it possible to try it?
With all the images I've tried around I can't get the DVD player to work (both with and without ISO).
I am also available to test if it is not yet public.
Thank you all.

Re: Open pli gigablue trio 4 k #2 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,388 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 11 March 2020 - 16:32

For the enduser a Release Candidate will become available as soon as we feel it’s ready for testing purposes by the enduser. And this might still take a while. You’ll know it as soon as it’s available on our downloadsite.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Open pli gigablue trio 4 k #3 Dester

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 March 2020 - 10:16

Hi, thank you for the reply.
I hope to be able to test it soon.
I confirm my availability to test the image.

As for the dvd plug on arm do you know who I can contact?
I have read several posts in different forums but nobody has been able to give an answer.
Apparently this plugin only works well on mips.
I confirm that on openpli mips processor no problem for DVD menus.
For arm processor I have already tried 2 different 4k machines but the DVDs are not read by any program.
The single vob yes.

Thank you all for your collaboration.

Greetings.

Re: Open pli gigablue trio 4 k #4 Dester

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:03

Hi, do we have any news regarding the release of the image for gigablue trio 4k?
I am impatient to try it and see if the problem of reading DVDs has finally been solved.
Thank you and good job to everybody.

Re: Open pli gigablue trio 4 k #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,558 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:12

Afaik it still has issues. As soon as it's ready we'll publish a release candidate.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Open pli gigablue trio 4 k #6 Dester

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 April 2020 - 12:15

Hello,
any news for this new decoder?
I am curious to see if he will read the DVDs that I can no longer read.
If you have a release to try, write me :)
I am available to test it.
Thanks.

Re: Open pli gigablue trio 4 k #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,558 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 4 April 2020 - 12:28

I don't think DVD playing is hardware dependent, probably only player dependent (gstreamer for the Broadcom SoCs vs HiPlayer for the HiSilicon SoCs).

Release is scheduled for OpenPLi 7.3, which waits for the multiboot issues to be adressed (also in other images, for compatibility).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Open pli gigablue trio 4 k #8 Dester

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 April 2020 - 13:58

I can tell you that I have tried all the images out there:

1) open stable atv, without dvdplayer and multiboot (kernel module nandsim) does not work
2) stable open hdf, has the dvdplayer that crashes when I launch a movie, has the multiboot but I was unable to use the second partition to install another firmware.

I currently use open pli on dreambox8000 (everything ok even dvd),
i installed openatv on gigablue 800ultraue (everything ok also dvd)

On the 4k gigablue that I took for my son for the dtt (not on teamblue) he cannot watch all the dvds that I have purchased over the years ...

If you have even unstable releases I can try.

Thanks for the reply.

See you soon.

Edited by Alexss1, 4 April 2020 - 13:59.

Re: Open pli gigablue trio 4 k #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,558 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 4 April 2020 - 18:11

I can't do anything at the moment, stranded abroad without much stuff to work with...

Re: Open pli gigablue trio 4 k #10 Dester

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 April 2020 - 18:32

I do nothing but try firmware on the latest game to find the most stable image.

Waiting for the openpli that I use since it exists.

the fact that I can no longer open my DVDs that I have been collecting for years bothers me because at the moment I am closed in the house like the whole world ...

Re: Open pli gigablue trio 4 k #11 twol

• 444 posts

+15
Neutral

Posted 4 April 2020 - 19:24

I can tell you that I have tried all the images out there:

1) open stable atv, without dvdplayer and multiboot (kernel module nandsim) does not work
2) stable open hdf, has the dvdplayer that crashes when I launch a movie, has the multiboot but I was unable to use the second partition to install another firmware.

I currently use open pli on dreambox8000 (everything ok even dvd),
i installed openatv on gigablue 800ultraue (everything ok also dvd)

On the 4k gigablue that I took for my son for the dtt (not on teamblue) he cannot watch all the dvds that I have purchased over the years ...

If you have even unstable releases I can try.

Thanks for the reply.

See you soon.

OpenATV has all the code from OpenPi to make dvd player work ....... if it doesn‘t work then post on the ATV forum as OpenPli will probably have the same issue - so get it fixed now.

If you have logs etc then post them , if not enable logging on ATV and post them......I will keep an eye out for you on the ATV forum as your problem is close to something we are working on at the moment on a different image

Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
.........FBC Tuners:
------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
.........DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W)

Octagon sf8008, AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo using Legacy ports on multiswitches
Zgemma H9twin & Zgemma H9 C/S mode into Giga4K

Re: Open pli gigablue trio 4 k #12 Dester

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 April 2020 - 09:27

Hello,
I thank you for the answer.
I state that I am only a user who likes to test firmware.
I have been using enigma2 for many years, from nemesis onwards I have tried them all.
I have also used the pkt of Polish friends for some time.
Over the years I have collected many original DVDs that I have copied to hard drives for convenience.
With enigma2 I have always looked at them without problems both in the iso and unpacked versions.

The problems have started since I decided to go to the 4k pits.

The switch was forced due to the limitation of the old processors to read the mkv1080.

But now I am left without DVD.

The box I'm testing on are 2:
1) gigablue ultra hd
2) gigablue trio 4k.

The first one has some flaws but not being 4k it works well enough, it has the openatv 6.4 on board even if for me it was more stable with the 6.1 with which it worked for many years.

The gigablue trio 4k gives me problems.

I have tried all and I say all the images in circulation.

The hdf has more than the others the fact that the dvdplayer is visible in the menu and no other image has it.
First question: how do I make it visible in the other images?

The hdf even if it has a dvd player, I look for the film in the folder, press play, what happens? black screen with the play symbol on the video.
The only key that works is yellow to change the type of audio, and play to put it back on pause.

What I think ?
That the player is unable to read .ifo files and does not load the DVD menus.
Function that instead on openpli that I mounted on a dreambox works wonderfully.

The open atv image, the opendroid, the teamblue do not have a DVD player but only EMC.
The behavior in case you try to read a DVD is practically identical:

I look for the film in the folder, press play, what happens? black screen with the play symbol on the video.
The only key that works is yellow to change the type of audio, and play to put it back on pause.
the only difference is that to get out it crashes and you can only:
turn it off by the button or restart it from telnet.

For the logs I would not know how to register them, if you can help me I am available.

incollo anche il testo in italiano :

Ciao,
TI ringrazio per la risposta.
Premetto che sono soltanto un utilizzatore a cui piace provare firmware.
Uso da molti anni enigma2, dalla nemesis in poi li ho provati tutti.
Ho usato anche la pkt degli amici polacchi per qualche tempo.
Negli anni ho collezionato tanti dvd originali che ho copiato su hard disk per comodità.
Con enigma2 li ho sempre guardati senza problemi sia in versione iso che scompatatti.

Da quando ho deciso di passare ai box 4k sono iniziati i problemi.

Il passaggio è stato forzato per via della limitazione dei vecchi processori a leggere gli mkv1080.

Adesso però sono rimasto senza dvd.

La scatola sulla quale sto facendo le prove sono 2 :
1) gigablue ultra hd
2) gigablue trio 4k.

Il primo ha qualche pecca ma non essendo 4k funziona abbastanza bene, ha a bordo la openatv 6.4 anche se per me era più stabile con la 6.1 con il quale ha funzionato per tanti anni.

Il gigablue trio 4k mi da solo problemi.

Ho provato tutte e dico tutte le immagini in circolazione.

L'hdf ha in più delle altre il fatto che il dvdplayer è visibile nel menu e nessun altra immagine lo ha.
Prima domanda : come faccio a renderlo visibile anche nelle altre immagini ?

L'hdf anche se ha il dvd player, cerco il film nella cartella, premi play, cosa succede ? schermo nero con il simbolo play sul video.
L'unico tasto che funziona è il giallo per cambiare il tipo di audio, ed il play per rimetterlo in pausa.

Cosa penso ?
Che il lettore non è in grado di leggere i file .ifo e non carica i menu del dvd.
Funzione che invece su openpli che ho montato su un dreambox funziona a meraviglia.

L'immagine open atv, la opendroid, la teamblue non hanno il lettore dvd ma solo EMC.
Il comortamento nel caso in cui si provi a leggere un dvd è praticamente identico :

cerco il film nella cartella, premi play, cosa succede ? schermo nero con il simbolo play sul video.
L'unico tasto che funziona è il giallo per cambiare il tipo di audio, ed il play per rimetterlo in pausa.
l'unica differenza è che per uscire si blocca e puoi solo :
spegnerlo dal pulsante oppure riavviarlo da telnet.

Per i log non saprei come registrarli, se sapete aiutarmi sono disponibile.

Re: Open pli gigablue trio 4 k #13 senkfox

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 April 2020 - 07:55

I think I read that the firmware for the Trio 4K would be incorporated in version 7.3.
We have approximately the date of the output of the new image 7.3.
Thank you

Re: Open pli gigablue trio 4 k #14 AlliPlatt

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 April 2020 - 19:03

Hi....Needless to say, everything runs smoothly on gigablue ultra ue. I mount the device on the NFS network, start searching for the folder with the video button, select the backup folder, the coverage starts smoothly.
The same procedure with the Gigablue Trio 4k only that the behavior is not the same.As soon as I select the DVD folder, the play button stays on the screen. The only button that recognizes the car at this point is the yellow button to change the type of audio .

Re: Open pli gigablue trio 4 k #15 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,558 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 20 April 2020 - 19:07

It isn't for nothing we don't have a Trio 4K release yet. There are plently more driver bugs.

I still don't understand why those have never been solved, given the fact other images support the box for over a year now...

Re: Open pli gigablue trio 4 k #16 twol

• 444 posts

+15
Neutral

Posted 20 April 2020 - 19:29

It isn't for nothing we don't have a Trio 4K release yet. There are plently more driver bugs.

I still don't understand why those have never been solved, given the fact other images support the box for over a year now...

Maybe because on other images it runs OK?

Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
.........FBC Tuners:
------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
.........DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W)

Octagon sf8008, AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo using Legacy ports on multiswitches
Zgemma H9twin & Zgemma H9 C/S mode into Giga4K

Re: Open pli gigablue trio 4 k #17 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,558 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 20 April 2020 - 19:48

More likely because issues in drivers have been worked around in the Enigma of those images...

Re: Open pli gigablue trio 4 k #18 Dester

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 April 2020 - 17:19

Hi everyone,
is there any news for the gigablue trio 4k?
when can I have the pleasure of trying it on my decoder?
I uploaded 3 images in multiboot, I hope the pli will solve the dvd problem and it will be more stable.
I'm also available to try it in private if you prefer.

Re: Open pli gigablue trio 4 k #19 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,558 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2020 - 17:27

No, there are still driver issues.

Re: Open pli gigablue trio 4 k #20 Dester

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 April 2020 - 18:24

what kind of problems?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users